Can't believe I did this ....

Sold my brand new, zero mile, HYPERSLED (Zam's favorite description of the Eight Fiddy)!!!  I've been fighting some arm issues the past few weeks, and there just hasn't been any progress or relief in sight.  Combine that with a less than stellar snow amount and a hot market for selling sleds = GONE!!  I figured I would list it for a price that I knew would cover my cost (and maybe a little more) and if it sold I'd be fine ... and if not, I'd be fine too.  Listed it this morning and it was gone by this afternoon!!  Funny thing is, the guy that bought it is the same guy that bought my buddy's sled last year when he was in the same situation (back issues from the Fall never got better and he decided to sell his snow checked XCR).  One of those small world things, I guess.

So ... why am I posting this?  To congratulate all you homos on what's going to turn into a banner year for snow & riding!!  I just know things are going to turn around now and I'll be pissed hearing about how good it is 😂  Congrats you donkeys!!

• Like 3

Well...the “hyper sled 850 class sled” came from sludgy (or whatever he goes by now).

I’m most likely without one this year too.  Back up in Duluth right now and I’m feeling not so bad about it.  Pretty lean on snow for  the first week in Jan.

I selfishly hope you're right. If it works out, I'd appreciate it if you repeated this process next season. Thanks in advance

ETA: And I sincerely hope you get your health issue sorted out in short order. 

Edited by Superair
  • Like 1

Somewhat shocked here Chris, but you have to do what you have to.  I myself only got a 1 year warranty on the Doo and contacted my dealer about the cost of an additional 2 or 3 year warranty due to the lack of snow and use this season.

4 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

Somewhat shocked here Chris, but you have to do what you have to.  I myself only got a 1 year warranty on the Doo and contacted my dealer about the cost of an additional 2 or 3 year warranty due to the lack of snow and use this season.

Now wasn't the warranty date when you put it into service, I know my 2016 snow checked sled sat until the next year in the box until I was healthy enough to ride it. Was paid for just not delivered so my extended warranty started about a year late.

21 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

Now wasn't the warranty date when you put it into service, I know my 2016 snow checked sled sat until the next year in the box until I was healthy enough to ride it. Was paid for just not delivered so my extended warranty started about a year late.

Warranty starts the day I picked it up.  Extended B.E.S.T. warranty would start 1 year after my pick-up date.  So if i picked it up on 11/16/20 the one year warranty would expire on 11/17/2021 and the B.E.S.T. would start then.  The 4 smoke Doo's are just so reliable so I'm not sure if it's worth the $700 for the 3 year extended or $650 for the 2 year.  I just threw $420 at my dealer for the 2 year if they bite I'll buy it.

Edited by A05GSHO

these un-predictable winters is why I will hang onto a sled for a few years, not worth buying new every couple years, my '15 has just shy of 2k on the clock due to shit winters, but is paid for 

We haven't got shit.
One or two storms, and thats it. (Upstate NY).

Binghamton got rattled though!
The industry of sledding is missing out, lots of bored folks, a few good storms would really help.
This is why I have two beater sleds, and got rid of my newer iron and 7X16 enclosed, just didn't ride enough.

18 hours ago, Bontz said:

Sold my brand new, zero mile, HYPERSLED (Zam's favorite description of the Eight Fiddy)!!!  I've been fighting some arm issues the past few weeks, and there just hasn't been any progress or relief in sight.  Combine that with a less than stellar snow amount and a hot market for selling sleds = GONE!!  I figured I would list it for a price that I knew would cover my cost (and maybe a little more) and if it sold I'd be fine ... and if not, I'd be fine too.  Listed it this morning and it was gone by this afternoon!!  Funny thing is, the guy that bought it is the same guy that bought my buddy's sled last year when he was in the same situation (back issues from the Fall never got better and he decided to sell his snow checked XCR).  One of those small world things, I guess.

So ... why am I posting this?  To congratulate all you homos on what's going to turn into a banner year for snow & riding!!  I just know things are going to turn around now and I'll be pissed hearing about how good it is 😂  Congrats you donkeys!!

I bought a sled...which I havent had for a few years so there will be no snow.

:bc:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bontz said:

thank you for sacrificing your sled to the snow gods...................we shall be in your debt(hopefully)for the endless snow to come.  unfortunately, if this sacrifice doesnt change our snow conditions, you will be held responsible.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it damn well better snow now! Little to nothing in the 10-14 day forecast!

I offset your good with a bad though. For the last few years I don’t buy trail permits until I KNOW that I’m going riding. Well, this year, I bought all three last Friday. We may still be screwed. :lol:

Everyone keeps saying it’s a BANNER year for sled sales and I just don’t see how. I get it that COVID has not many options for doing things but there’s no freaking snow like anywhere. The boys out west say it’s still spotty even. 

I guess it is what it is anymore. This is why I don’t buy new these days. Mine are older but all paid for and I have bigger financial fish to fry right now. 

PS. Your arm is F’d because you drink light beer. Drink the heavy shit. It will make your bones stronger and your muscles bigger. :lol2:

• Haha 1

Don't blame you one bit Chris. I actually have been having the same conversation about my 21....and the 19..... just think it's time to take a break. As you said, strong demand right now. So may be listing mine too.......and then, as you say, it will snow........ like a M-F'r too !

• Like 1

I seriously have to wonder how long this market (for snowmobiles) is going to last.  The conditions are absolute garbage around here, and unless it starts snowing SOON the season is damn near half over.  If any of you guys do end up listing, I hope it works out as well for you as it did for me.  Hell, I was able to help a family friend out (he's 83) and sell his 2000 Indy 500 with 4K miles on it ... super clean sled.  I was shaking my head when he asked me to list it for $2500 OBO, but lo and behold, he got $2500 for it!!!

Looks like a chance for some white stuff Thur and Friday but agree this year has been a really slow start and cannot blame anyone for taking advantage of the used sled buying frenzy that has been going on.

There is a high probability that you will be able to pick up a bargain for next season when many of these buyers coming back into the sport find out sledding is by far more expensive and hit or miss than boating or wheeling or insert any other powersport here.

• Like 1

If you sold a sled within the last couple months, you did REALLY good, or at least should have.... Sleds with 3-4k miles are asking for waaaaay more than I paid 2-3 years ago for the same sleds with less than 500 miles.... 

I sold a sled the other week, I just sold it for what I thought was fair.  Maybe I could have got more.  But I value a nice smooth transaction, I didn't even have to list it.

I'm not doom and gloom on the snowmobile season but I'm also not relying on it for anything I am still plenty busy as it is.  It'll snow and be good.  I've been out on the snowmobiles the last few weekends in a row since before Christmas.  Between trapping, exploring, and camping trip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

I seriously have to wonder how long this market (for snowmobiles) is going to last.  The conditions are absolute garbage around here, and unless it starts snowing SOON the season is damn near half over.  If any of you guys do end up listing, I hope it works out as well for you as it did for me.  Hell, I was able to help a family friend out (he's 83) and sell his 2000 Indy 500 with 4K miles on it ... super clean sled.  I was shaking my head when he asked me to list it for $2500 OBO, but lo and behold, he got $2500 for it!!!

Yup. covid is creeping into peoples brains. Absolutely crazy what one can get for toys this fall and winter. I,m kinda wondering when the bubble will burst, and we,ll see all this stuff back up for sale, for pennies on the dollar. 

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus.  Just going back and forth with a bud who has decided to dump his iron too.  It’s looking thin out there right now in the forecast.  Damn it.

There’s talk of the polar vortex breaking up and moving down this way in the next 10-14 days. If that actually happens, and persists, Michigan should get plenty of snow at least. I’m not holding my breath though. 

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup. covid is creeping into peoples brains. Absolutely crazy what one can get for toys this fall and winter. I,m kinda wondering when the bubble will burst, and we,ll see all this stuff back up for sale, for pennies on the dollar. 

Sure would be nice to strike on that while the iron is hot but honestly, I have enough “projects” going on right now and toys are not really at the top of the list.