Fastest you’ve gone

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

Haven't heard that name in a long time.......lol 

Remember the little cartoon vid that Highmark/team 250 made?? Her brother finger blasting her in a closet??? Fuck it was funny,,and she was mad!!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, HSR said:

Remember the little cartoon vid that Highmark/team 250 made?? Her brother finger blasting her in a closet??? Fuck it was funny,,and she was mad!!

:lol::lol2:

The last time I seen a pic she had posted on HCS years ago she got really heavy and was sitting on a horse.... poor horse, she took that pic down really fast after she posted it, i think it was in the old capt. storm thread.....lol I think Ryan took that cartoon video down years ago.

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

:lol::lol2:

The last time I seen a pic she had posted on HCS years ago she got really heavy and was sitting on a horse.... poor horse, she took that pic down really fast after she posted it, i think it was in the old capt. storm thread.....lol I think Ryan took that cartoon video down years ago.

:lol: I remember that pic :lol:

38 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

200 in a Camry. Was that a ride along or something? I didn’t know they did that

They do that at multiple tracks just check each tracks schedule.  It can be a ride along or you can drive also.  I work at some of the races for Sunoco and had the opportunity to go around Daytona in the NBC camera car.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Doug said:

They do that at multiple tracks just check each tracks schedule.  It can be a ride along or you can drive also.  I work at some of the races for Sunoco and had the opportunity to go around Daytona in the NBC camera car.

That must have been pretty sweet. I never knew they did that. Looks like NHMS does it definitely gonna put that on the old list of things to do. 

• Like 1

118 on the z1 turbo.  It was still accelerating but this was just on a small lake by my house.  And I really don't get off on speed running.  Tall windshield, short run.

155 on the speed limiter in my last amg driver could drive one handed even took a picture of speedo with phone.  In mexico.  

• Like 1

Now that you guys bring up the NASCAR thing, I did a Richard Petty Driving Experience in Orlando (Disney) about 10 years ago, one hell of a good time if only for 8-10-12 laps at a time.  Me driving with a ‘coach’ in the passenger seat, no using the brakes did a 138+mph lap there.  It was an awesome experience - the $5 for insurance saying I’m not responsible for wrecking the car on the track was all I needed to go full out!  Disney Speedway is a 1 mile “mini-Pocono” tri-oval....

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Now that you guys bring up the NASCAR thing, I did a Richard Petty Driving Experience in Orlando (Disney) about 10 years ago, one hell of a good time if only for 8-10-12 laps at a time.  Me driving with a ‘coach’ in the passenger seat, no using the brakes did a 138+mph lap there.  It was an awesome experience - the $5 for insurance saying I’m not responsible for wrecking the car on the track was all I needed to go full out!  Disney Speedway is a 1 mile “mini-Pocono” tri-oval....

If you get out of hand the coach can hit a rev limiter or even shut the car down. When we were there once there was a guy that couldn't even drive a stick but he wanted to do the drive.  Somehow they got him off of pit road after snubbing the car out multiple times.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

If you get out of hand the coach can hit a rev limiter or even shut the car down. When we were there once there was a guy that couldn't even drive a stick but he wanted to do the drive.  Somehow they got him off of pit road after snubbing the car out multiple times.

So if you can actually drive good do they let you go as fast as the track will let you or is there some speed they cut you off at?

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

So if you can actually drive good do they let you go as fast as the track will let you or is there some speed they cut you off at?

No they will hit the rev limiter as they deam needed.  They usually ask you a little information if you have ever raced before to kinda get a background on you to take that into consideration.  They also generally watch you close if your around another cars and either have you back down or radio the other car to let you by.  When I went around Daytona Jeff Burton was driving the car and we were in the 160's.  The turns make it look like your going to run into the a wall and when your in the turns you can feel the g's pull you down into the seat.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

When I drove at Disney, the answer would be YES.  The coach sitting next to me had a 1-10 dial knob that he could open it up more and more as you learned the track, your ability to trust the tires, and stay inside the "gates" they had painted on the track for optimal speed, and most importantly, your ability to listen to the coach.  He also had a brake pedal of his own.

They had a cone on the inside coming out of a corner, that was the roll into the throttle marker, and then a cone on the outside of the entrance of a corner, that was the let off the throttle marker.  As you learn the track and show your ability to handle the car, he opened it up a little more almost every lap.  As I got better and better the coach was having me let off later, and get on the gas sooner.  I could tell I was going a hell of a lot faster on lap 14 than I was on lap 4.  My time slips and lap speeds reflected that.

Funny story, on my 15th lap of 18, I let off coming into a corner a little early, and the coach lamented as he said I was turning some very impressive times.  So I thought I'll just get on the gas a little sooner coming out of the corner - BAD IDEA!  I felt the ass end break loose, and as the coach said WAIT WAIT - I felt it, let off, waited for him to say GO, and continued, though clearly lost some speed.  When we got on the front straight the coach said "Did you feel it break loose back there?",  "Yes I did", he said "Don't do that again!"  I think it scared him a little.... as it did me at ~100mph with a wall on our right!  

I don't know all the tracks they do this now, but if you get the opportunity, purchase the smallest package you can before you go.  Once you are there, you can upgrade your experience for about half what a pre-pay would be, that's what I did.  I know there are a lot of guys who have big muscle cars, and some here who have probably raced.  But someone like myself who is a car enthusiast and never had the chance to drive on a track, it was AMAZING to say the least.

If you do a little search, you can see why this track closed.  It had too much competition from local events in southern Florida, and a professional ride along coach/driver died in a super car when someone lost control and hit the end of a wall barrier, because the super cars went clockwise on the track.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Doug said:

No they will hit the rev limiter as they deam needed.  They usually ask you a little information if you have ever raced before to kinda get a background on you to take that into consideration.  They also generally watch you close if your around another cars and either have you back down or radio the other car to let you by.  When I went around Daytona Jeff Burton was driving the car and we were in the 160's.  The turns make it look like your going to run into the a wall and when your in the turns you can feel the g's pull you down into the seat.

53 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

When I drove at Disney, the answer would be YES.  The coach sitting next to me had a 1-10 dial knob that he could open it up more and more as you learned the track, your ability to trust the tires, and stay inside the "gates" they had painted on the track for optimal speed, and most importantly, your ability to listen to the coach.  He also had a brake pedal of his own.

They had a cone on the inside coming out of a corner, that was the roll into the throttle marker, and then a cone on the outside of the entrance of a corner, that was the let off the throttle marker.  As you learn the track and show your ability to handle the car, he opened it up a little more almost every lap.  As I got better and better the coach was having me let off later, and get on the gas sooner.  I could tell I was going a hell of a lot faster on lap 14 than I was on lap 4.  My time slips and lap speeds reflected that.

Funny story, on my 15th lap of 18, I let off coming into a corner a little early, and the coach lamented as he said I was turning some very impressive times.  So I thought I'll just get on the gas a little sooner coming out of the corner - BAD IDEA!  I felt the ass end break loose, and as the coach said WAIT WAIT - I felt it, let off, waited for him to say GO, and continued, though clearly lost some speed.  When we got on the front straight the coach said "Did you feel it break loose back there?",  "Yes I did", he said "Don't do that again!"  I think it scared him a little.... as it did me at ~100mph with a wall on our right!  

I don't know all the tracks they do this now, but if you get the opportunity, purchase the smallest package you can before you go.  Once you are there, you can upgrade your experience for about half what a pre-pay would be, that's what I did.  I know there are a lot of guys who have big muscle cars, and some here who have probably raced.  But someone like myself who is a car enthusiast and never had the chance to drive on a track, it was AMAZING to say the least.

If you do a little search, you can see why this track closed.  It had too much competition from local events in southern Florida, and a professional ride along coach/driver died in a super car when someone lost control and hit the end of a wall barrier, because the super cars went clockwise on the track.

Thanks guys. I’m definitely going to try this over next summer it sounds like a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

110 what? Fuckin kilometers? Cause that sure as hell isn’t mph. 

It really just depends what altitude he dropped it from. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ickyoldman said:

That's what you think.  I was there.....I assembled and tested that machine.  You don't know shit from shinola

I know it was a light low 70 hp sled but do you think it was ACTUALLY going 110+ mph ??? Or just speedo numbers?? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ickyoldman said:

That's what you think.  I was there.....I assembled and tested that machine.  You don't know shit from shinola

Close friend in high school had an all stock (minus studs), mint, 440 Z Cat. On radar, 150 lb rider, smooth ice with 2” of snow on it, 92 mph. I was holding the radar gun. Sorry. I might know something. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?