Fastest you’ve gone

• Gold Member
On 1/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, Palu49 said:

124 GPS on my buddies first hopped up turbo sled. 152 on my buddies GSXR 750 and 155 in my uncles E55 AMG.

All my friends have faster toys than me apparently, my WS6 would hit 135 at the top of 4th then you’d shift to 5th with the double OD t56 and it would feel like a week to hit 140. The extra 75-100hp on motor and going from 3.42s to a built 8.8 with 4.10s should help that this year.

It will. I had a 2000 Trans Am 6 speed with Heads/Cam/long tubes dyno'd 421whp and it would bury the Speedo. Crazy top end with that Cam. Would pull my buddies stock C6 on the highway also and I still had stock rearend. 

On 1/8/2021 at 1:42 AM, Mag6240 said:

138 in a 1994 Honda Prelude 

Fun cars I still own my 1993 Prelude VTEC. It will peg the speedo at 140mph and actually handles great at those speeds. Car was ahead of its time. 

Fastest ive been was on a bike 183 mph '07 Yamaha R1. 

Sled only about 100mph on my 2015 Rush 800

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Fun cars I still own my 1993 Prelude VTEC. It will peg the speedo at 140mph and actually handles great at those speeds. Car was ahead of its time. 

Sweet!!  I had done a lot to the motor on that car, all NA but dyno tuned 205 HP to the wheels - not bad for a 2.2 motor at the time.  One of the funnest cars I’ve owned.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Sweet!!  I had done a lot to the motor on that car, all NA but dyno tuned 205 HP to the wheels - not bad for a 2.2 motor at the time.  One of the funnest cars I’ve owned.

Thats awesome. Yeah I love mine. I have put a lot of time and money into her over the years. 

20200923_165052.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Fastest on a sled 121 mph....2009 z1 Turbo with the cobra long lug track which is quite a feat. Still have sled.

Fastest on bike 155mph on my 1986 Gsxr1100.

Fastest in car was my 1985 Iroc-z...had it maxed out for several miles, inebriated as hell with 3 of my death wish passenger friends yelling go faster faster......was probably 140 which I beleive was top speed for that car.. Speedo only went to 85...lol. probably did similar speed with my 87 Mustang GT

I have done 140 in my old 06  BMW M5 and both current Vipers and Caddy CTS-V with plenty left on the table, .........but as I age I get this strange voice in my head telling me it's  not worth risking hitting a deer or another car at speed on a public road and going to court to try to save everything Ive ever worked for.  It sucks getting older and responsible but I still enjoy 0 to 100 or 50 to 100 or so  pulls when its in a very safe area. I'd love to max these out on closed course some day. 

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

On a sled, 118 mph in 2000' on my totally stock 2001 TCat, on a gun on ice track. Did it once and sold the sled.

I've probably gone similar on my '15 Turbo Cat as I've seen 200 kph on the speedo a few times on long lake runs.

In high school, I was passenger in my buddy's Z28, 125 mph on the street.

240kph on my '83 Katana 1100 on the street. That was 25 years ago, It was 1am and my son was 3 yrs old. I sold the bike shortly after. I bought another 10 years later and I still have it though the best I've done since is 200 kph. Probably going up for sale shortly since I'm now old and fat. My days of riding sport bikes is long passed.

On 1/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, EvilBird said:

It will. I had a 2000 Trans Am 6 speed with Heads/Cam/long tubes dyno'd 421whp and it would bury the Speedo. Crazy top end with that Cam. Would pull my buddies stock C6 on the highway also and I still had stock rearend. 

Mine would do it but it wasn’t as fun once it was in 5th. It should be high 6xx hp on 200 pills and go basement 10s (keeping my expectations low). But it’ll definitely be a fun daily drivable stick car, hell it was with just a cam/longtubes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

Was in buddies 18 ft baja with a hoped up v6 mercruiser doing around 80mph. That was cool. Took a while to get there tho,  was trimming a lot, the faster we went

Hard to believe. Are you sure the speedo wasn,t in kilometers ????????

Just now, Jerry 976 said:

Nope, my hands were all sweaty and kind of cramping up from holding the death grip on the bars, it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest, man what a rush. 

Maybe hit up racingchic for some pointers!