Fastest you’ve gone

Way back in 1992, I went 135.9 mph thru the radar gun, on a Yamaha vmax 750, that belonged to a chubby friend, with a huge turbo and other mods. The front was so light on the skis that you had to keep it strait on the ice track by shifting body weight.

He used to pop pistons in that thing pretty well every week-end, running it thru radar, and didn,t care. All he wanted was a high bragging number. At the time, I was probably 160 pounds, and Stan was closer to 350. LOL It did make a difference. 

Edited by Frostynuts
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

What’s the fastest you guys have gone on a sled or any toy for that matter.

On a sled my old mach z triple use to hit low 120’s mph

on a bike gsxr1k 183mph 

these are speedo numbers not gps 

Got me by 2.

181 on 4 wheels.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s fast on 4 wheels. What was that in?

anyone in the 200 club on here?

Slightly modded 928S4. They ran mid to upper 160’s stock.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CFM said:

Slightly modded 928S4. They ran mid to upper 160’s stock.

Back in the day I loved the looks of the 928's. Now I kind of prefer the looks of the older 911's .  Am I getting old :dunno: 

158 mph on a motorcycle- on the street. Dumb

Had the speedo on my 98 SRX700 buried @ 120 for a couple miles> Based on RPM and gearing I'd guess I was running around 113-114 true speed.

Don't recall in a car IIRC it was around 120. Cars aren't my thing, especially when someone else is driving

• Like 1

124 GPS on my buddies first hopped up turbo sled. 152 on my buddies GSXR 750 and 155 in my uncles E55 AMG.

All my friends have faster toys than me apparently, my WS6 would hit 135 at the top of 4th then you’d shift to 5th with the double OD t56 and it would feel like a week to hit 140. The extra 75-100hp on motor and going from 3.42s to a built 8.8 with 4.10s should help that this year.

• Like 1

106 GPS, 09 800R P-Tek on shaved ice. Sled was bone stock, just studded. I think the speedo indicated darn near 120. It was a radar run, I got 94 mph at 1,000' but just kept her pinned / wound out for a GPS top speed. 

• Like 1

Hard part of going fast is having someplace to do it, we have a race track near me and I do 3-5 track days every year. They coach as well. Love this shit and might just race street bike as I do race Ice and Flat Track and MXGP.

2020_08-02_TTD_Palmer_YELgp_070.jpg

• Like 4