Reversing Trump's 2017 tax cuts should commence shortly....

Now that the democrats have full control of Washington (Congress and the WH), they should have no trouble reversing the destructive Trump tax cuts of 2017.  

My question, what will be their excuse when they don't fully reverse Trump's tax cuts?  :news:  

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Did they expire already? Opened my first winter paycheck yesterday and it cost $60 more 

The corporate tax cuts were permanent the you know pee on ones taxpayers got were only good for a few years.

So yeah repeal the corporate tax cut ASAP 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The corporate tax cuts were permanent the you know pee on ones taxpayers got were only good for a few years.

It was the only way the democrats would agree to do it.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I am a corporation along with 90% of the small businesses in America.  Just a fyi 

My fucking cleaning lady is a corporation for fuck sakes . That evil greedy bitch 

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I am a corporation along with 90% of the small businesses in America.  Justca fyi 

My fucking cleaning lady is a corporation for fuck sakes . That evil greedy bitch 

Notice how the dipshit says to repeal a tax cut rather than saying to make the other permanent.  Dems always are concerned with taking the taxpayers money rather than cutting taxes.

i doubt much will be done on the taxes.  they will just wait it out and let them expire.   Dems have to wade carefully in the waters for the next 2 years,  only takes 1 or 2 of their side who need reelection to keep idiocy from happening which hopefully will.   

TBH if we would cut spending I would argue on a federal level many who make good money are undertaxed,  only in America can you make 300k and pay less than 20% :snack: 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i doubt much will be done on the taxes.  they will just wait it out and let them expire.   Dems have to wade carefully in the waters for the next 2 years,  only takes 1 or 2 of their side who need reelection to keep idiocy from happening which hopefully will.   

TBH if we would cut spending I would argue on a federal level many who make good money are undertaxed,  only in America can you make 300k and pay less than 20% :snack: 

I would also be fine with higher tax but only with massive spending cuts across all line items with permanent spending caps. Till then I will not mind paying my accountant to save me every nickel . And push me to far I will dump real-estate and become a guy in a truck who only takes cash 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

How about we go back to Reagan era Corp. tax rates?

lets destroy the retirement of the boomers by knocking stock prices down 50% is what your asking for with those kind of rates

Edited by Angry ginger

• Gold Member

Aren’t the individual trump taxes set to expire in 2025????  It will be a topic after midterms....  corporate is permanent...  it would probably be to toxic to touch if you are wanting re-election.  

only thing I think will happen is those that pay no income tax may get some more peanuts thrown at them by the leadership