Where's the Frost

Sael

Thanks to great neighbors I’m able to ride from my house on old farm roads 5/10ths of a mile to a VAST groomed secondary trail. I rode out that trail just to pack the new snow and see if any clearing was needed. In the 4 years that I’ve been using this trail I have never seen so much water on the ground, there was nothing just weeks ago. When I got back home I tackled an area where a deer had breached the black nylon fencing that I had wrapped my cedar hedges with. I was unpleasantly surprised to find absolutely no frost in the ground, I was able to push white resin posts right into the ground. This is not a good sign for the area trails the rest of this winter. Sucks

1E4708DC-103E-4DC6-B459-D58B022E2D48.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sael said:

Thanks to great neighbors I’m able to ride from my house on old farm roads 5/10ths of a mile to a VAST groomed secondary trail. I rode out that trail just to pack the new snow and see if any clearing was needed. In the 4 years that I’ve been using this trail I have never seen so much water on the ground, there was nothing just weeks ago. When I got back home I tackled an area where a deer had breached the black nylon fencing that I had wrapped my cedar hedges with. I was unpleasantly surprised to find absolutely no frost in the ground, I was able to push white resin posts right into the ground. This is not a good sign for the area trails the rest of this winter. Sucks

1E4708DC-103E-4DC6-B459-D58B022E2D48.jpeg

What little we had was lost during the Xmas warm-up. No real cold since.