Active shooter in Amarillo, Texas

AUSTIN, Texas, June 14 (Reuters) - Police in Amarillo were responding to reports on Tuesday of shots being fired and an armed subject possibly holding hostages at a Walmart store in the Texas panhandle city.

There have been no reports of injuries in the incident, the City of Amarillo said on its Twitter feed. Amarillo police did not offer any further details on the suspect or what caused the situation. Traffic in the vicinity has been halted and the Walmart has been shut down, the Randall County Sheriff's Office said, urging people to stay away from the area.

"There are reports the subject inside may have hostages," it said in a Facebook post. Police have been evacuating people from the building, Amarillo TV broadcaster ABC 7 reported.

Here we go again...

Just now, Wildcat said:

That sucks... But that is in Texas. I bet they dont wait 3 hours before they go in...

Hell, you'd think 20% of the patrons are armed anyway.  Dude should be dead by now...

I did a quick google. No shots were fired. Guess its just 1 person holding another person hostage. Workplace stuff. This is probably already over... But yeah who brings a gun to a store that has a gun dept :lol:

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

the suspect has been shot and is apparently dead. Hostages are safe

Tell me guns dont work... LMAO

Go Texas!

But wait..didn't they wait for the command truck and the robots and maybe some tanks before they went in? 

• Like 1