Gimme Your Pick For Your #1 Hated Brands Sled!!

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

The new age of turbo kits are all pull the rope and go for the most part. You can rent them all over out there. You’ve been owned on this before 

That's bullshit 

Go on snowest, turbos are not pull and go. Still the guys are fucking with then throughout the season. Not as much, but still.

The Doo turbo has been a hit and it is a good compromise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

That's bullshit 

Go on snowest, turbos are not pull and go. Still the guys are fucking with then throughout the season. Not as much, but still.

The Doo turbo has been a hit and it is a good compromise.

I don’t know what you mean but “fucking with them throughout the season”. The guys out west that I know play with belt deflection and some minor clutching tweaks during a season but other than that, they basically ride the dog shit out of them without a whole lot of trouble. Not to mention that most aftermarket turbo’d sleds make more power than the Doo, all around. I suspect that Polaris isn’t too far off from offering a factory turbo’d mountain sled. For them it’s a battle of finding a balance point between the Pro and Khaos packages first I think before they put new plastic on it, call it a Matryx and then maybe do the turbo thing. 

You do see big bore kits and twin pipes making a comeback now too. I assume it’s to get the price point and weight down some from running a turbo but having a decent amount more power than stock. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I don’t know what you mean but “fucking with them throughout the season”. The guys out west that I know play with belt deflection and some minor clutching tweaks during a season but other than that, they basically ride the dog shit out of them without a whole lot of trouble. Not to mention that most aftermarket turbo’d sleds make more power than the Doo, all around. I suspect that Polaris isn’t too far off from offering a factory turbo’d mountain sled. For them it’s a battle of finding a balance point between the Pro and Khaos packages first I think before they put new plastic on it, call it a Matryx and then maybe do the turbo thing. 

You do see big bore kits and twin pipes making a comeback now too. I assume it’s to get the price point and weight down some from running a turbo but having a decent amount more power than stock. 

Clutching, fueling, reflashes.

They still are not 100% pull and go yet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Superair said:

They're ALL junk. 

I agree 100%. For the price you have to pay for this junk, they should be gas and go. Every brand should be mandated to have extra sleds available to anyone that is having warranty  issues. What fukking good is warranty, if your sled is out of service for half the season, cause you got a lemon, and parts are on back order til April. Sleds have to be the worst piece of junk per dollar spent on any recreational toy out there. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I agree 100%. For the price you have to pay for this junk, they should be gas and go. Every brand should be mandated to have extra sleds available to anyone that is having warranty  issues. What fukking good is warranty, if your sled is out of service for half the season, cause you got a lemon, and parts are on back order til April. Sleds have to be the worst piece of junk per dollar spent on any recreational toy out there. 

I think all recreational toys are pretty equal in that aspect. I've seen quite a few $20k sxs and $10k quads sitting at dealers for warranty work and their base warranty is even worse than sleds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Clutching, fueling, reflashes.

They still are not 100% pull and go yet.

Ahh no you fucking moron. Just kill yourself .....you know less about this topic than you do about not being a faggot

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

The new age of turbo kits are all pull the rope and go for the most part. You can rent them all over out there. You’ve been owned on this before 

Wrong they are always fucking with them 

You go ridding with any one who has them they are constantly fucking with the tunner 

They are changing reads all the time . 

I know people who have had a frew tubo sleds and just quit buying them because of so many fucked up days ridding on there limited days of ridding they het a year . And theses are kits installed and tuned by one of the grandfathers of those things at alpine motor sports /vohk.

And your rental units are pushing about the same boost as the doo 170 180 hp max at 9k feet . Just telling you what a few guys I know that bought them who have had turbo sleds big bore sleds turbo sno bikes na snobikes  etc etc who go out about 30 days a season .

Granted there really in no over the hood all day snow any place right now so this is early season hero snow reports 

• Like 1

I would just like to take this opportunity to let you guys know we are going to try and keep the snowmobile forums a little more civil. If you look at the home page there has been 1 rule added to the sled forums. I know it will take some time to adjust so just try and remember where you are when posting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I second the Yamaha post.
I think they really tried with the Nytro, and when people shit on it, they said 'fuck it then'.

Sad part is, the 09+ Nytro XTX is a decent sled, but the short tracks are too stubby, and the longtrack versions too heavy.
The tipped rail 144 XTX was perfect and quite honestly, I would buy another if I could steal one, they are way quicker then people give them credit for, with a 130HP N/A 4 stroke.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Wrong they are always fucking with them 

You go ridding with any one who has them they are constantly fucking with the tunner 

They are changing reads all the time . 

I know people who have had a frew tubo sleds and just quit buying them because of so many fucked up days ridding on there limited days of ridding they het a year . And theses are kits installed and tuned by one of the grandfathers of those things at alpine motor sports /vohk.

And your rental units are pushing about the same boost as the doo 170 180 hp max at 9k feet . Just telling you what a few guys I know that bought them who have had turbo sleds big bore sleds turbo sno bikes na snobikes  etc etc who go out about 30 days a season .

Granted there really in no over the hood all day snow any place right now so this is early season hero snow reports 

This is what I see on SW.

Good post.

I agree, I am very upset with Yamaha because I don't want them to quit. But I get it, there is little profit, shit is pushed to the max which makes it a warranty liability and costly R&D, short riding season, small market due to snow coverage. It is just really upsetting, because they are large enough to be able to bankroll snowmobiles and keep it going. Even at a minimal profit. 

Anyone who knocks the 850 turbo is just jealous. They are the first to the market with a turbo sled that is hopefully reliable and just works. It is like a Apple product. It may not be the best or the highest specs, but it just works. To be able to make the same power at the top of the hill as the bottom is a huge deal. They don't need a lot of boost if they can push enough CFM to keep the same power the entire way. 

P.S. I hate Apple, but I know how important "just works" is to a large amount of people.

Edited by BobRoss
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BobRoss said:

Anyone who knocks the 850 turbo is just jealous. They are the first to the market with a turbo sled that is hopefully reliable and just works. It is like a Apple product. It may not be the best or the highest specs, but it just works. To be able to make the same power at the top of the hill as the bottom is a huge deal. They don't need a lot of boost if they can push enough CFM to keep the same power the entire way. 

P.S. I hate Apple, but I know how important "just works" is to a large amount of people.

It is not turbocharged.....it’s a faggot

I like arctic cat probably 40% because my family always had them growing up and 60% now because I feel like they have the best trail sled on the market, it doesn’t take much to dial in a gen 2 procross and when they are I feel they’re the best rider forward trail sled ever produced. I did want to give an Indy XCR a shot but I have die hard Polaris buddies who had them and said they were horribly valved and just did nothing well.

Most importantly most hated brand is 150% ski Doo, bump steering, bull dozer-like handling, washy front end. I’d give them credit for the ride in the skid on the 16(ish) and up but the side to side bucking in the stutter bumps takes all that out of the picture. And they have the biggest group of dildos that ride them, maybe not like the normal ski Doo guys but I’m talking the head to toe XPS gear, only ride brand new every year XRS’s and only ride with other guys who have XPS’s. You can commonly find these dorks riding, standing up, 25mph down the center of the trail but thinking they’re giving 2001 Blair Morgan a run for his money. They’re the brands bread and butter because they’ll never ride their pushy, $17k piles of shit hard enough to realize how bad they handle and will keep buying new ones when theirs are “worn out” after a 400 mile season of “hard riding.”

• Like 1

I gave my buddies 2016 ZR8 SP 137 a fair ride last year. Engine was great. Was not impressed with the rest of the sled though. He’s had a couple of problems with it. He’s a die hard Cat guy but I’m fairly certain he’d ride a Polaris, if it was the right one. He told me just yesterday that he thinks he’s going to sell it. Says he would rather ride his 2001 ZR 800 instead. I think he is crazy saying that but that’s his deal not mine. 

After all the grief I went through with my 2007 MACH Z 1000, and my 800 Outlander, I have to say Ski-Doo/BRP. I lost about $17,000.00 on them.  

Wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole. 

On 1/5/2021 at 6:23 AM, Frostynuts said:

I agree.  That's why having a sled you don't need to upgrade/replace every year is great.  

On 1/5/2021 at 7:23 AM, Frostynuts said:

Exact same thing with BOATS!!! Season is short, weeks waiting for a dealer to repair, wait for parts...................your season is GONE!!!  

Only solution is to have a back-up boat or sled!!!    :thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Exact same thing with BOATS!!! Season is short, weeks waiting for a dealer to repair, wait for parts...................your season is GONE!!!  

Only solution is to have a back-up boat or sled!!!    :thumbsup:

I like my solution better. Sell off all that stuff at record highs, and enjoy the pool and my cars. I,ve had great luck with boats.

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

I like my solution better. Sell off all that stuff at record highs, and enjoy the pool and my cars. I,ve had great luck with boats.

My 15 HP Honda outboard has been great, with my 12 foot Mirro-Craft, but my 25' Checkmate was a fukkin nightmare.   So glad the day I sold that bastid. Just like the day I sold that stinking SKI-DOO MACH Z 1000.

Problem is............I lost thousands on those fukkers, and they gave me tons of grief.