Site rules discussion

ckf

Prime example of what I am talking about. Even if these two are FS lovers, anyone that doesn’t know them, or appreciate their “love” for one another, is going to be instantly turned off by this shit. I’m fairly certain, these sorts of posts have been the exact reason why this site has never grown into anything more sled related. If that’s what the owner/members of this site want then fine, no argument from me, but you can’t have a discussion about making this site more “user” friendly without knowing full well that shit like this will have to be taken head on and stopped in order for this place to move in that direction.  

0A3D7002-F99B-4FFC-8F71-CC2921F6090F.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

True but I think there’s quite a few HCS people here now, active or not, that might not mind a little of both and some that would be more active if there was more sled based content for them to interact with. It’s really up to CKF and the members here to “allow” this site to have more active sled based content without constant “faggot” and “go kill yourself” talk thrown into the mix. I know that you know this but there really are people that won’t hang around simply because they don’t want to deal with, or even read, that sort of shit. I think that those are the people that might be drawn here if there was more sled based talk, and that’s about it. Sure there are some that will bitch because as soon as they click on the recent posts search, it is filled with political/bash posts, and they just can’t look past that. That’s on them, at that point though. I don’t see a need to reinvent that wheel. But if people feel comfortable posting/interacting in more sled based content than I think some of that could happen here, no doubt. 

Don't say it Alex... Don't say it.....

kill yourself...

ope F7

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Prime example of what I am talking about. Even if these two are FS lovers, anyone that doesn’t know them, or appreciate their “love” for one another, is going to be instantly turned off by this shit. I’m fairly certain, these sorts of posts have been the exact reason why this site has never grown into anything more sled related. If that’s what the owner/members of this site want then fine, no argument from me, but you can’t have a discussion about making this site more “user” friendly without knowing full well that shit like this will have to be taken head on and stopped in order for this place to move in that direction.  

0A3D7002-F99B-4FFC-8F71-CC2921F6090F.jpeg

We are working on it Nick,, but it will take some time for people to get used to it. We are basically starting from scratch here. It's a fine line between pleasing the new members and not ruffling feathers of the old guard here.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, HSR said:

We are working on it Nick,, but it will take some time for people to get used to it. We are basically starting from scratch here. It's a fine line between pleasing the new members and not ruffling feathers of the old guard here.

Totally get it dude. Just bored and typed some shit out, that’s all. 

• Like 2

OK I know see "THIS FORUM IS A NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for serious snowmobile related questions & answers & NOT Sarcastic or "Bashing" in nature."  In several of the forums.

What are the penalties for breaking said rules? 

2 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

OK I know see "THIS FORUM IS A NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for serious snowmobile related questions & answers & NOT Sarcastic or "Bashing" in nature."  In several of the forums.

How about I punch you in your fucking biscuit neck?

:lol: 

-Public Relations Office Official Statement.  :lmao:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How about I punch you in your fucking biscuit neck?

:lol: 

-Public Relations Office Official Statement.  :lmao:

How would you like my size 14" up your virgin ass? :lol2:

OOPPPS is this a no bashing zone I forgot to check. :lol:

Edited by A05GSHO
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

At 1st they will get a reminder where they are and that it's not appropriate for that particular forum. After that the software works on a point system when given actual warnings. I think the first time it is 3 days off. 2nd is a week and 3rd time is banned.

Just now, ckf said:

At 1st they will get a reminder where they are and that it's not appropriate for that particular forum. After that the software works on a point system when given actual warnings. I think the first time it is 3 days off. 2nd is a week and 3rd time is banned.

Well that sucks AC ass. :lmao:

25 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

How would you like my size 14" up your virgin ass? :lol2:

OOPPPS is this a no bashing zone I forgot to check. :lol:

Dude!  This isn't a gay pick-up site so......just PM me your digits and we can coordinate this.  It sounds like a lovely time!

nyle dimarco gifs | WiffleGif

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dude!  This isn't a gay pick-up site so......just PM me your digits and we can coordinate this.  It sounds like a lovely time!

nyle dimarco gifs | WiffleGif

I expected nothing less from you. :lol2:

PM sent, hope you can handle the addadicktome Choco14 I had done. :lmao:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

It's all fluid at this point. We are going to do our best to help facilitate the snowmobile discussions.

:bc:

PS. Might as well just start that Zambroski fuckhead right up there with a half dozen or so points. :lol:

• Haha 1

IMO, which I know no one really gives a fuck about (and Im cool with that), Is that if you are going to have subforms at all there should be some sort of moderation. If not, you may as well just have one shitshow free for all forum where all the threads end the same. 

I'd say keep it light on the rules and "maybe" people will learn to respect them on their own. I'm all for giving someone shit and I'm fairly hard to offend, but I can do that all day at work so theres no need for me to visit a forum thats chock full of that in every thread. I love snowmobiling so I come to these sites for sled talk and some friendly back and forth banter. If you don't like me or what I post feel feel to insult me, call me  faggot or tell me to go kill myself but once you get it out of your system please don't follow me around on here fucking up every thread I post in. Thats just annoying. 

Or leave it the way it is and when it doesn't grow don't ask yourself why. If thats what the old school guys here want who am I to bitch otherwise. I'll probably stick around anyway.  Its kind of funny after being around sled sites for awhile you end up with all the same guys constantly stirring up shit with each other knowing damn well that if they ever went riding together for a weekend they'd probably end up falling in love with each other . 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ckf said:

let me get this straight...

we can earn points here (?) and get them taken away for bad behavior - so as I understand the system @Zambroski has to get -17,512 points before he's banned?

that works... ???

note to self - check ban balance on a regular basis and coordinate the likelihood of getting hit with the ban hammer, then ease off the throttle gradually into spring.

original_206984071.gif

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

let me get this straight...

we can earn points here (?) and get them taken away for bad behavior - so as I understand the system @Zambroski has to get -17,512 points before he's banned?

that works... ???

note to self - check ban balance on a regular basis and coordinate the likelihood of getting hit with the ban hammer, then ease off the throttle gradually into spring.

original_206984071.gif

The points you see attached to a persons account is more like a forum rating system. You accumulate or lose those points based on people liking or disliking what you post. 

The points that will get you a time out are different. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomas. said:

The points you see attached to a persons account is more like a forum rating system. You accumulate or lose those points based on people liking or disliking what you post. 

The points that will get you a time out are different. 

Correct.