Site rules discussion

ckf

I posted the same thing in the Current Events forum and wanted to get the HCS crews opinions also...

With the infusion of new members from HCS, the state and brand forums are starting to get a little action. I'd like to see a few rules for those forums as we have CE for those of that want an open forum. Thoughts???

I think the state and brand specific forums should remain respectable.

For example I don't want cocksucker's like deephaven coming into the cat forum and talking trash on cat.  This guy has a serious problem I think a cat fucked his old lady once because he is obsessed.

The trash talk or sarcasm or whatever is not needed in brand forums.  That should be a productive and informative place.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

For example I don't want cocksucker's like deephaven coming into the cat forum and talking trash on cat.  This guy has a serious problem I think a cat fucked his old lady once because he is obsessed.

The trash talk or sarcasm or whatever is not needed in brand forums.  That should be a productive and informative place.

That made me lmao    :lol:

Agreed on the trash talking in brand forums though. What about the state & provincial forums?

29 minutes ago, ckf said:

I posted the same thing in the Current Events forum and wanted to get the HCS crews opinions also...

With the infusion of new members from HCS, the state and brand forums are starting to get a little action. I'd like to see a few rules for those forums as we have CE for those of that want an open forum. Thoughts???

I, often of bad behavior and at times too much alcohol agree, keep the Sled/State and General Snowmobile Forum somewhat clean as I'd like to see this place suck every last user away from HCS.

More importantly, is there a way to limit @Zambroski so he can only post in the Bada Bing & Georgia forums?  That would be really helpful.

Again, thanks for giving us Banned HCS'rs a sandbox to shit in.

Bones-cheers.gif

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mnstang said:

how about allowing some 'constructive criticism' though?

that was a gray area on HCS at times depending on who was making the comment and the size of the tampon @Bontz had in that day?  :lol2:

• Like 1

Limit Zams posts to 6 sentences. Light banter is fine in the sled and state threads,anything more should get moved to the shit show. Members should be banned from these threads when that can’t follow the rules. One of the reasons many don’t post on here anymore,is it takes forever to swipe past the idiot talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that was a gray area on HCS at times depending on who was making the comment and the size of the tampon @Bontz had in that day?  :lol2:

Guess it depends on what forum I was trying to clean up.  Apparently it was OK for the Cat guys to have tampons when I cleaned up shit in their forums, but not when the Polaris forums got cleaned up (yes, I'm joking!) 😆

As far as the question at hand ... I do like the idea of leaving the BS out of the brand specific and state forums, but I know most folks on this site really, REALLY, don't like the idea of moderation & that's perfectly fine.

Edited by Bontz

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, mnstang said:

I’d agree with this as much as I find the bashing and trash talk funny there needs to be areas that don’t have that bs just a area for informative and civil discussions would be nice. I don’t want to be reading about sleds, trucks, guns whatever and have to read through a bunch of gay slurs and I’m richer than you stupidity.

Nobody is going to post in the brand specific forums if the trolls are just going to jump in and sidetrack a whole thread.  Time and place for everything.  It'd be nice if people could post questions and get real help.  If not you might as well nix them because it won't work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Limit Zams posts to 6 sentences. Light banter is fine in the sled and state threads,anything more should get moved to the shit show. Members should be banned from these threads when that can’t follow the rules. One of the reasons many don’t post on here anymore,is it takes forever to swipe past the idiot talk.

Hows about I limit my foot up your ass?  :lol:I agree with the rest of it.

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I think constructive criticism is perfectly fine but, we all know when it is more than that.  Cat guys dancing around in the Poo forums on HCS claiming they are offering "constructive criticism" was every bit as juvenile as the Poo guys doing it in Cat forums.  It's just dumb.  Nobody wants every thread in specific forums to turn into a shit show because the same members think they are oh so edgy-cool.

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Nobody is going to post in the brand specific forums if the trolls are just going to jump in and sidetrack a whole thread.  Time and place for everything.  It'd be nice if people could post questions and get real help.  If not you might as well nix them because it won't work.

Yup.  And members will go elsewhere.  I've always been for tight moderation in brand specific threads.  

• Like 1

Leave it open. I cann,t remember the last time I read anything technical in any sub forum. I come here for entertainment, reading insults and trash talk from the drunks and gay high guys. Zero tech stuff here any more, kinda like Snow Tech magazine.

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Add a +1 for me on this ... if the brand specific forums are going to be open for guys getting shit on, they don't even need to exist.  It'll likely take time for the brand specific forums to get going, but ya gotta start somewhere ... and if it's an opportunity to take guys away from Vertical Scope that's just icing on the cake.

• Like 3

The problem with moderating sled forums is that some of the trolls are pro that brand.  That nonsense needs to be moderated as much as the other direction.  That is if it is moderated.  Pride is fine, but ignorance shouldn't be propagated if the other side isn't allowed to express itself.

The other difficulty with a half moderated site is that most people don't realize the difference.  Some larger color coding or bold shit up top saying to pull up your panties would be helpful.

Agree the brand forums should be a place to get some actual assistance or help without the bullshit.  This site has the potential to replace HCS completely if that becomes a reality.  The cocksucker/s at VS need to receive a message that if you fuck with the membership you get your just rewards.

6 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Agree the brand forums should be a place to get some actual assistance or help without the bullshit.  This site has the potential to replace HCS completely if that becomes a reality.  The cocksucker/s at VS need to receive a message that if you fuck with the membership you get your just rewards.

The only way they will grow is if the membership uses them. Post your tech tips and other sled related content. The search engines will slowly pick up on them. I'm even willing to get the SSL certificate for the site to help with Google ranking. Never really cared before  :dunno:

• Like 2

Same ones I posted in the other thread and added one more.

Comments about a members Family are 100% off limits

No posting personal information about a member or their family

No posting pics of a member or their family unless they have posted it first on here

No threating posts involving physical harm

No Brand bashing in the brand specific forums.

Political posts not related to snowmobiling will be moved the the Current Events Forum.

If your post disappears or you can no longer see a certain forum on here don't ask why.

• Like 1

I have to agree a little with Stang, but what he is suggesting will be hard to police.
It's not a problem for a 'Polaris guy' to go into a Cat forum and offer advice, (or vice versa) or help out, 
Many of us have owned all brands throughout the years, or close to it.

But there is an issue with certain posters helping with intentional disdain or intent to brand bash with manipulative language, or offering subtle jabs to a brand with camouflaged language, and only those of us they spend lots of time on these forums can pickup on it. HCS was full of that shit, and it pissed me off. 
I didn't mind it on most forums, but brand specific needs to be kept clean, there has to be an area on this site where things, just in that area, are taken and addressed seriously.

Edited by amstech

4 minutes ago, amstech said:

I have to agree a little with Stang, but what he is suggesting will be hard to police.
It's not a problem for a 'Polaris guy' to go into a Cat forum and offer advice, (or vice versa) or help out, 

But there is an issue with certain posters helping with intentional disdain or intent to brand bash with manipulative language, or offering subtle jabs to a brand with camouflaged language, and only those of us they spend lots of time on these forums can pickup on it. HCS was full of that shit, and it pissed me off. 
I didn't mind it on most forums, but brand specific needs to be kept clean, there has to be an area on this site where things, just in that area, are taken and addressed seriously.

It's really not all that hard to police at all.  Everybody can usually pick out who is causing problems on purpose and report it...that is if they haven't already been identified and "srubbed" from the thread.  

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 9:06 PM, Woodtick said:

Limit Zams posts to 6 sentences. 

six uninterrupted words in a row from him is usually impressive

22 hours ago, Bontz said:

Guess it depends on what forum I was trying to clean up.  Apparently it was OK for the Cat guys to have tampons when I cleaned up shit in their forums, but not when the Polaris forums got cleaned up (yes, I'm joking!) 😆

As far as the question at hand ... I do like the idea of leaving the BS out of the brand specific and state forums, but I know most folks on this site really, REALLY, don't like the idea of moderation & that's perfectly fine.

well, pOlaRis has more problems to laugh about and attempt to resolve - that's just part of being #2

it's not terribly difficult to be cynical yet snarky at the same time, at times it helps motivate people

22 hours ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

This place is a free for all. Reason the current members are here. I wouldn't place too many rules in brand specific forums but at least keep it a tad civil. 

which is cool for the first 10 minutes, but I'd like to see HCS which really was (before Pit Cunt & Joe Douchnozzle) a good forum moderated by volunteers that actually gave a fuck.  go spend a few weeks on a couple Facebook sled forums.  it's like land of the lost, with ADD on crystal meth.  for every 1 good post, there's 714 stupid ones.  

21 hours ago, mnstang said:

so, no Jim Ramstad?

18 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Hows about I limit my foot up your ass?  :lol:I agree with the rest of it.

I think constructive criticism is perfectly fine but, we all know when it is more than that.  Cat guys dancing around in the Poo forums on HCS claiming they are offering "constructive criticism" was every bit as juvenile as the Poo guys doing it in Cat forums.  It's just dumb.  Nobody wants every thread in specific forums to turn into a shit show because the same members think they are oh so edgy-cool.

Yup.  And members will go elsewhere.  I've always been for tight moderation in brand specific threads.  

Zamb, I believe your wife got ahold of your laptop again and is posting coherent commentary in complete sentences.  

but, I've been guilty of a few infractions.  not ban worthy, but I got a few slaps to the sack over the years.  earned it... life moves on.

14 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Leave it open. I cann,t remember the last time I read anything technical in any sub forum. I come here for entertainment, reading insults and trash talk from the drunks and gay high guys. Zero tech stuff here any more, kinda like Snow Tech magazine.

HCS GDF actually had more informative 'snowmobile information' (+ FUN) than the general forum there did by far.  Hell, I bet there was more INFORMATION and other stuff posted about the 2019 850 Polaris in the GDF than there was in the GF and Indy XC forum on it's launch year.  Want to know the latest gossip, racing info., wtf is blowing up and how one brand or Polaris was getting thrown under the bus?  consult the GDF first... irony?  nope, that's where active and informed idiots liked to hang out.  

14 hours ago, Bontz said:

Add a +1 for me on this ... if the brand specific forums are going to be open for guys getting shit on, they don't even need to exist.  It'll likely take time for the brand specific forums to get going, but ya gotta start somewhere ... and if it's an opportunity to take guys away from Vertical Scope that's just icing on the cake.

I agree.  VS can suck it, not for just what DH Joe did to you and others, but because they allowed a couple of jackwads to literally destroy a great snowmobiling resource.  I'll fight for that just based upon principal.  

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The problem with moderating sled forums is that some of the trolls are pro that brand.  That nonsense needs to be moderated as much as the other direction.  That is if it is moderated.  Pride is fine, but ignorance shouldn't be propagated if the other side isn't allowed to express itself.

The other difficulty with a half moderated site is that most people don't realize the difference.  Some larger color coding or bold shit up top saying to pull up your panties would be helpful.

and some of the moderators are pro- that brand.  street goes both directions.  

it's the Hyper-Sensative Sally's that imo at times need 'moderation', some people take jabs too seriously.  it's not like they designed, engineered and assembled these piles of shit, many times they just bought one and wave the pompoms - then bitch and whine when someone says something about their team.  I find it funny frankly when someone from 'the same team' says something negative and the cheerleaders go ballistic on that person. 

maybe add a 'no sensitive sally's' clause to the user agreement... if you get a whiner on board, boot them and 'warn' the offender(s).

13 hours ago, jdsky said:

lot of former HCS members here ruffled the sheets and turned the blankets, but when Joe started banning admins, they made their own bed.

12 hours ago, ckf said:

The only way they will grow is if the membership uses them. Post your tech tips and other sled related content. The search engines will slowly pick up on them. I'm even willing to get the SSL certificate for the site to help with Google ranking. Never really cared before  :dunno:

fuck google - word of mouth in the community should build this place if it has enough positive aspects.

(hope google doesn't read this comment) :lol:

11 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Same ones I posted in the other thread and added one more.

Comments about a members Family are 100% off limits

No posting personal information about a member or their family

No posting pics of a member or their family unless they have posted it first on here

No threating posts involving physical harm

No Brand bashing in the brand specific forums.

Political posts not related to snowmobiling will be moved the the Current Events Forum.

If your post disappears or you can no longer see a certain forum on here don't ask why.

yo momma... 

:)

8 hours ago, A05GSHO said:

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN RULES

but some civility goes a long way at times

7 hours ago, amstech said:

well, ...
now...

but...

WOLVES AND FUCKING POLAR BEARS!!!  :lol2:

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's really not all that hard to police at all.  Everybody can usually pick out who is causing problems on purpose and report it...that is if they haven't already been identified and "srubbed" from the thread.  

I'd like to hear the justification or sound reasoning for some of the people on HCS who were banned like Stinki & Joe, and one Polaris guy eight years ago.  Where's Big Fuse?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

six uninterrupted words in a row from him is usually impressive

well, pOlaRis has more problems to laugh about and attempt to resolve - that's just part of being #2

it's not terribly difficult to be cynical yet snarky at the same time, at times it helps motivate people

which is cool for the first 10 minutes, but I'd like to see HCS which really was (before Pit Cunt & Joe Douchnozzle) a good forum moderated by volunteers that actually gave a fuck.  go spend a few weeks on a couple Facebook sled forums.  it's like land of the lost, with ADD on crystal meth.  for every 1 good post, there's 714 stupid ones.  

so, no Jim Ramstad?

Zamb, I believe your wife got ahold of your laptop again and is posting coherent commentary in complete sentences.  

but, I've been guilty of a few infractions.  not ban worthy, but I got a few slaps to the sack over the years.  earned it... life moves on.

HCS GDF actually had more informative 'snowmobile information' (+ FUN) than the general forum there did by far.  Hell, I bet there was more INFORMATION and other stuff posted about the 2019 850 Polaris in the GDF than there was in the GF and Indy XC forum on it's launch year.  Want to know the latest gossip, racing info., wtf is blowing up and how one brand or Polaris was getting thrown under the bus?  consult the GDF first... irony?  nope, that's where active and informed idiots liked to hang out.  

I agree.  VS can suck it, not for just what DH Joe did to you and others, but because they allowed a couple of jackwads to literally destroy a great snowmobiling resource.  I'll fight for that just based upon principal.  

and some of the moderators are pro- that brand.  street goes both directions.  

it's the Hyper-Sensative Sally's that imo at times need 'moderation', some people take jabs too seriously.  it's not like they designed, engineered and assembled these piles of shit, many times they just bought one and wave the pompoms - then bitch and whine when someone says something about their team.  I find it funny frankly when someone from 'the same team' says something negative and the cheerleaders go ballistic on that person. 

maybe add a 'no sensitive sally's' clause to the user agreement... if you get a whiner on board, boot them and 'warn' the offender(s).

lot of former HCS members here ruffled the sheets and turned the blankets, but when Joe started banning admins, they made their own bed.

fuck google - word of mouth in the community should build this place if it has enough positive aspects.

(hope google doesn't read this comment) :lol:

yo momma... 

:)

but some civility goes a long way at times

well, ...
now...

but...

WOLVES AND FUCKING POLAR BEARS!!!  :lol2:

I'd like to hear the justification or sound reasoning for some of the people on HCS who were banned like Stinki & Joe, and one Polaris guy eight years ago.  Where's Big Fuse?

We did our best moderating hcs but that shop has sailed . Joe douche canoe made certain of that.  While I do agree with moderation in certain forums it might take a bit to enforce? Mind you, the majority of current members are more interested in politics vs sledding . 

20 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

We did our best moderating hcs but that shop has sailed . Joe douche canoe made certain of that.  While I do agree with moderation in certain forums it might take a bit to enforce? Mind you, the majority of current members are more interested in politics vs sledding . 

True but I think there’s quite a few HCS people here now, active or not, that might not mind a little of both and some that would be more active if there was more sled based content for them to interact with. It’s really up to CKF and the members here to “allow” this site to have more active sled based content without constant “faggot” and “go kill yourself” talk thrown into the mix. I know that you know this but there really are people that won’t hang around simply because they don’t want to deal with, or even read, that sort of shit. I think that those are the people that might be drawn here if there was more sled based talk, and that’s about it. Sure there are some that will bitch because as soon as they click on the recent posts search, it is filled with political/bash posts, and they just can’t look past that. That’s on them, at that point though. I don’t see a need to reinvent that wheel. But if people feel comfortable posting/interacting in more sled based content than I think some of that could happen here, no doubt. 

• Like 1