What features from HCS do you wish were an option on FS?

If people want to make this somewhat of a snowmobiling site add the sub-forums for the different models of snowmobiles for each brand. JMO it will be easier to move things around now and keep the info for the sleds in their own forums/sub-forums vs trying to sort hundreds of threads out later on down the road.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mnstang said:

New posts button and button to see subscribed threads.  And a way to to click on a thread and have it bring you to the first unread post.

There are literally all of those things here. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

There are literally all of those things here. 

I'm sure it's just a matter of everyone getting used to the software that we use here.

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

If people want to make this somewhat of a snowmobiling site add the sub-forums for the different models of snowmobiles for each brand. JMO it will be easier to move things around now and keep the info for the sleds in their own forums/sub-forums vs trying to sort hundreds of threads out later on down the road.

My only concern with adding more forums is that we don't have enough members to keep them active. One of the things that I learned from rob was that it's better to have less forums that are active than you are a bunch of forums that are dead.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd like it if I clicked on a thread I've looked at before and it took me to the last post I read, not the 'middle of where am I?'

More Importantly to these bloodshot old eyes- DARK MODE

Bottom of the forum page close to the middle of the page, click on "Theme", click on "Bravo 6" it will switch it to dark back round.

image.thumb.png.67be9c5de62d50a2f3571145f44a78e3.png

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd like it if I clicked on a thread I've looked at before and it took me to the last post I read, not the 'middle of where am I?'

More Importantly to these bloodshot old eyes- DARK MODE

Apparently it does that but you'll have to figure it out for yourself

13 hours ago, ckf said:

My only concern with adding more forums is that we don't have enough members to keep them active. One of the things that I learned from rob was that it's better to have less forums that are active than you are a bunch of forums that are dead.

JMO I don't think having sub forums for the different brands and their different models of sleds would be bad, it could actually draw more people. Now on the other hand adding more and more forums and sub-forums for other things like, gps, computers, cooking, dogs, cars, trucks, racing, etc. yea those aren't really needed, sub-forums for snowmobiles on a "snowmobiling site" are kind of useful and needed, again JMO, your site, your play ground..... :thumbsup: :bc:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Bottom of the forum page close to the middle of the page, click on "Theme", click on "Bravo 6" it will switch it to dark back round.

image.thumb.png.67be9c5de62d50a2f3571145f44a78e3.png

Wheres is that option for mobile?

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Wheres is that option for mobile?

I was just looking at this thread with my phone, and it's in the same place, the very bottom of the page, click on the "Theme " tab, then Bravo 6 tab and it will switch to the dark screen.

Just now, Jerry 976 said:

I was just looking at this thread with my phone, and it's in the same place, the very bottom of the page, click on the "Theme " tab, then Bravo 6 tab and it will switch to the dark screen.

Yup got it thx

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mnstang said:

Apparently it does that but you'll have to figure it out for yourself

I'm not always ambitious enough to look, or care.  Much easier to complain.  :)

11 hours ago, ckf said:

unread content is in the activity tab :bc:

image.png

activity tab?

roger

11 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

JMO I don't think having sub forums for the different brands and their different models of sleds would be bad, it could actually draw more people. Now on the other hand adding more and more forums and sub-forums for other things like, gps, computers, cooking, dogs, cars, trucks, racing, etc. yea those aren't really needed, sub-forums for snowmobiles on a "snowmobiling site" are kind of useful and needed, again JMO, your site, your play ground..... :thumbsup: :bc:

I concur, stick to the basics.  KISS principle is a proven methodology.  Major brands assorted by popular chassis styles within the past decade or two and leave it at that. 
Matryx/Axys/Pro-Ride/Everything Else

G4, G3, G2, G1, Gee-IDK/Everything Else

Yamaha (see Arctic Cat) and Everything Else

ProCross/Proclimb and... well I've got nothing else here because that covers at least a decade.  :lol: 

and, one Turbo Forum for the Turbo-Tards to let loose in.  maybe that would lure Tommy in here... or not. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

5 hours ago, Dave said:

My eyes thank you :thumbsup:

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm not always ambitious enough to look, or care.  Much easier to complain.  :)

activity tab?

roger

I concur, stick to the basics.  KISS principle is a proven methodology.  Major brands assorted by popular chassis styles within the past decade or two and leave it at that. 
Matryx/Axys/Pro-Ride/Everything Else

G4, G3, G2, G1, Gee-IDK/Everything Else

Yamaha (see Arctic Cat) and Everything Else

ProCross/Proclimb and... well I've got nothing else here because that covers at least a decade.  :lol: 

and, one Turbo Forum for the Turbo-Tards to let loose in.  maybe that would lure Tommy in here... or not. 

Good luck with that. 

Just now, fortune46x said:

Can we recruit north star rick and jimmy ramstead for circus reasons?

Maybe if I say their name 3 times fast they'll show up

YES!  Although, Ramstead isn't near as fun....and is starting to wear thin on me right now.  :lol: