Cat AWS1 chassis

mnstang

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for either a Jag z or cougar in the prowler chassis.  I've since decided I want the fan motor only and want the 94 Jag Z.  When decent ones come up they are going FAST.  I've missed out on a few now, not sure if I'll get one this year the way things are going.

Well I've been looking most of this season to find one, I started out thinking either a Jag liquid, a cougar, or a Jag special or Jag Z.  After looking and looking and thinking, I rules out the liquid sleds and the between the Jag special or Z's I narrowed it down to the 94Z is what I really wanted.  I've missed out on a couple nice cougars and a couple jags but today I jumped on this 94Z.  The guy was selling it for his grandpa who bought it new and rode it from his farm, it's never really been trailered and it is in super good survivor state, like excellent!  Here's the initial pics from getting it home, it's all dusty but it'll clean up but the speedo just stopped working so it'll give me an excuse to go through a bunch of the sled to replace the track bearing.

PXL_20210117_195216191.jpg

PXL_20210117_195159909.jpg

PXL_20210117_195027036.jpg

PXL_20210117_194955696.jpg

PXL_20210117_194902526.jpg

PXL_20210117_194918142.jpg

PXL_20210117_194931782.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Well I've been looking most of this season to find one, I started out thinking either a Jag liquid, a cougar, or a Jag special or Jag Z.  After looking and looking and thinking, I rules out the liquid sleds and the between the Jag special or Z's I narrowed it down to the 94Z is what I really wanted.  I've missed out on a couple nice cougars and a couple jags but today I jumped on this 94Z.  The guy was selling it for his grandpa who bought it new and rode it from his farm, it's never really been trailered and it is in super good survivor state, like excellent!  Here's the initial pics from getting it home, it's all dusty but it'll clean up but the speedo just stopped working so it'll give me an excuse to go through a bunch of the sled to replace the track bearing.

PXL_20210117_195216191.jpg

PXL_20210117_195159909.jpg

PXL_20210117_195027036.jpg

PXL_20210117_194955696.jpg

PXL_20210117_194902526.jpg

PXL_20210117_194918142.jpg

PXL_20210117_194931782.jpg

wow, that's a sweetheart

going to look for a Jag Z 'racer' windshield?  0606-969 is disco but I think Sno-Stuff or someone made one.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wow, that's a sweetheart

going to look for a Jag Z 'racer' windshield?  0606-969 is disco but I think Sno-Stuff or someone made one.

Dennis Kirk showed one left.  I ordered it.  Hope their inventory is correct!

Speedo wasn't working and as suspected, bad bearing.  This thing is such a virgin it's not even funny

IMG_20210117_194024.jpg

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Dennis Kirk showed one left.  I ordered it.  Hope their inventory is correct!

Speedo wasn't working and as suspected, bad bearing.  This thing is such a virgin it's not even funny

IMG_20210117_194024.jpg

it's SO nice when you find someone that takes care of their stuff, even if they aren't using it regularly.

you should do a 128" conversion and put a speed track on it.

ironically I know someone selling one!  :lol:

DSCN0168.JPG

I don't know about that but I do have some spare c&A's that I might see about.  The factory jetting is looking rich so I ordered a bunch of smaller jets than I've ever used lol.  Got a few other things in mind for this thing.

This was sold buy the owner's grandson, about my age.  I think grandpa just got too old for sleds.  Was also selling a similar condition 97 z440 which I'm sure is gone now too.

They're grooming trails where I go so it should get a good rip this weekend

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'll bite, wtf is that?  Flange for a screen or K&N style filter?

That is the air silencer.  It goes in the airbox on the other side of that grate.  

21 hours ago, mnstang said:

That is the air silencer.  It goes in the airbox on the other side of that grate.  

so you remove the foam from the box, shove it in the box and bolt it back together?  is it an antique, new purchase or DIY

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so you remove the foam from the box, shove it in the box and bolt it back together?  is it an antique, new purchase or DIY

What?  There is no foam in the box.  That cylinder thing with holes in it is the air silencer.  It was inside the airbox.  I removed it.  No bolts.

19 hours ago, mnstang said:

What?  There is no foam in the box.  That cylinder thing with holes in it is the air silencer.  It was inside the airbox.  I removed it.  No bolts.

gotcha', hence the question as I've never had one of those apart

Yep with jetting down one size and removing the silencer I'll have to remember to check how it's running this weekend.  I was wondering how much weight I'd drop with the plastic skis and if I can find some front float shocks 😂

Mostly back together tonight

PXL_20210120_034019765.jpg

21 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yep with jetting down one size and removing the silencer I'll have to remember to check how it's running this weekend.  I was wondering how much weight I'd drop with the plastic skis and if I can find some front float shocks 😂

Mostly back together tonight

PXL_20210120_034019765.jpg

obviously the 'sporty' windshield from DK fit, bet you can find Fox shocks cheap for it, maybe a sway bar too.  :)

do the early ZR plastic skis fit on those?  can't imagine the saddles are that much different. I have an extra set of black SP ski's in the attic with good carbides but, you probably do too.   

On 1/17/2021 at 8:55 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

obviously the 'sporty' windshield from DK fit, bet you can find Fox shocks cheap for it, maybe a sway bar too.  :)

do the early ZR plastic skis fit on those?  can't imagine the saddles are that much different. I have an extra set of black SP ski's in the attic with good carbides but, you probably do too.   

I have the c&a skis that were on my 500, so I might see about getting those fitted.  It has a sway bar though, that is part of the Z package.

Right now though I'm having a hell of a time with it, I got the skid on but the track is extremely tight even with the adjusters backed all the way off, wasn't like this before.  So I have to look at it some more, possibly take skid back out and try to figure this out first

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

Nice ride Stang... perfect for cruising around the ranch, it’s in great shape.

make sure you stay off the closed trails, ya hear?

Thanks it's cool.  Nothing like Jagbombing around.  I don't know of any closed trails so we should be good.

• Thanks 1

No.  I don't know what's wrong.  It's a simple skid, the front arm is just a basic axle pivot and it's like the front arm is just too long or the track is too short or the back bogeys are too big or drivers are too big.  Something.  I took skid back out and looked everything over and put back in and it's all the same.  

On 1/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, Cwhite138 said:

Would some pictures of my wildcat skid help... I have it on the bench now.

I'm not sure, I have our 96 Jag here and I don't see any differences.  Except the 96 has a normal amount of track play and the adjusters aren't maxed out either.  Weird.  I'll have to measure them some time and really see what the differences are, but they're all snowy right now and the 94 is good enough to ride for the time being.

23 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'm not sure, I have our 96 Jag here and I don't see any differences.  Except the 96 has a normal amount of track play and the adjusters aren't maxed out either.  Weird.  I'll have to measure them some time and really see what the differences are, but they're all snowy right now and the 94 is good enough to ride for the time being.

Carver is 'making' shocks, if you want to stick a little $ in her.
https://www.facebook.com/carverperformance/photos/a.10151460464596159/10159180717151159/