Cat AWS1 chassis

mnstang

• 3 weeks later...

So the 99 power-up 440 I got, I was just going to do rings and minor port clean up.  But I ended up doing alot more than I planned.  It's either going to be fast, or a turd!  At least I'll have the original motor to use if it doesn't work out.  I may try to use a 440 liquid pipe and can with it if I can find it cheap.  Mod sled, yikes.

I got the map light installed on the puma and found out this bag I had is actually a handlebar bag!  I got it with the saddlebags and they said it was a windshield bag but it didn't work for that so it's sat around.  But I tried it on the handlebars and it was perfect.  I shouldn't be as happy as I am about this, but it will be useful and it's just a cool period correct cat accessory.  I think I paid an extra$5 for it.  I sewed the straps on the saddlebags, and I got a rear rack for it and transferred the original backrest and foam to the rack.  I added everything up for the puma and I have just over 600 dollars into it total, I'm pretty pumped on it.  It looks so good too.PXL_20211008_030351645.thumb.jpg.6e34014c18b06c1f1acb83ff73d8cc7f.jpg

PXL_20211008_025941887.jpg

PXL_20211016_191255586.jpg

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Scored this sweet little trash can in an auction recently.  There's three aws1 jags on this thing, it was in the office at Black Magic when they closed.  The boreal backdrop is a nice touch too.  You just can't find jag specific memorabilia, what a score!

PXL_20211126_235826338.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The 96 got new control arm bushings, new shock bushings, and new clutch weight bushings and pins.  The more you poke around the more you find, good thing I caught the clutch weight bushings when I did.  The front end bushings were totally shot so it should be a better ride now.

Jag workshop

PXL_20211210_035308489.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

The 96 got new control arm bushings, new shock bushings, and new clutch weight bushings and pins.  The more you poke around the more you find, good thing I caught the clutch weight bushings when I did.  The front end bushings were totally shot so it should be a better ride now.

Jag workshop

with the suspension parts, did you get it all from your local dealer? 
I noticed looking for parts for my wildcat a lot of parts are NLA.

2 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

with the suspension parts, did you get it all from your local dealer? 
I noticed looking for parts for my wildcat a lot of parts are NLA.

Yeah most of the parts aren't available from cat any more, but most are still pretty easy to find on eBay and not too bad prices either.  I had the shock bushings already for the other sleds but used on the 96 since I had them so I just got 16 more for about$30.

If you need ball joints, those are pretty hard to find new.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah most of the parts aren't available from cat any more, but most are still pretty easy to find on eBay and not too bad prices either.  I had the shock bushings already for the other sleds but used on the 96 since I had them so I just got 16 more for about$30.

If you need ball joints, those are pretty hard to find new.  

did you see the Jag video I tagged you in on FB?  sounded sweet, looked great.

jag retro.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Yes I've seen it before and talked to the guy a little, was curious about his skis as they have a wide 3.5" spindle which is too wide for most offerings.  A few things I'd do differently but interesting little build, he did a couple neat things.  

• Like 1

I'd love to have a fan cooled bearcat like that.  Or a super jag.  But having two utility sleds would be pushing it.  Maybe someday the puma will get a 440 and I'll make it a trail sled and then get a super work sled.  For now it's working good I did some trapping stuff with it this weekend, lots of seat time and the handlebar light is nice at night, I just keep it on all the time after dark.  Not much snow, good thing for fan cooling!

PXL_20211211_184507341.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I've been looking at sleds for my son to replace the bravo I sold. He might not have anything to ride this winter with these prices and limited sleds on the market. 

What are you looking for?  I can keep an eye open

18 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

90's fanners mostly. Not brand loyal.

16 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah, me neither.

If I see something good I'll send your way

Looks like someone snapped up the pair of fanners I pmd you about a week ago.  The Jag looked decent. 

I'll keep an eye open for Sled Hed

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Looks like someone snapped up the pair of fanners I pmd you about a week ago.  The Jag looked decent. 

I'll keep an eye open for Sled Hed

I'm really only interested in a 93 Z.  But I'm not sure how bad I want 5 sleds around.  6 if you count the 96.  There's a 93 Z local to me now and I'm conflicted on it.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, Sled_Hed said:

I've been looking at sleds for my son to replace the bravo I sold. He might not have anything to ride this winter with these prices and limited sleds on the market. 

Lynx?  :)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/436538244741559/?ref=facebook_story_share

Nice ZL 600, just make an electrical tape throttle block 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1050884915485589/?ref=facebook_story_share

Nice Puma's @Sled_Hed

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/625067445584082/?ref=facebook_story_share

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

38 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Saw that lynx. The pumas are nice too bad they're so far away. 

6 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Saw that lynx. The pumas are nice too bad they're so far away. 

Don't you have a vehicle capable of going so far away?  Sometimes we have to drive for nice things.

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yeah and get that liquid trash out of here

Lmao