Old Soviet motorcycle restoration.

On 1/1/2021 at 7:47 AM, XCR1250 said:

Fishing guide near us has 1 like that, it has a side car too.

Its probably a Ural.  They're still made in Russia, 2wd as well.  Pretty cool, but all the money, and for 40s technology.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, IRONDOG said:

That was the coolest thing I've seen all year....

All those different processes he used for stripping, cleaning and finishing the old metal are  super cool as is the kerosene/motor oil rust buster.👍🏼

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Its probably a Ural.  They're still made in Russia, 2wd as well.  Pretty cool, but all the money, and for 40s technology.

I remember back in the '80's when Lada started selling cars in Canada. They were always banned in the US but opened up shop here. Holy fuck what complete pieces of shit :lol: 

A buddy's dad (who was a Poli Sci university prof and a pompous jackass) bought a brand spanking new Signet that came with I shit you not a hand crank for cold weather starts. :lol:  I'll never forget the time we had to go pick up my buddy for school because his dad couldn't crank it in the cold. We pulled up in the 'ol Pontiac Parisienne and my grandpa pulled up right behind him as he was cranking and laid on the horn :lol: 

thing was only like 6 months old at the time. 

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, frenchy said:

I remember back in the '80's when Lada started selling cars in Canada. They were always banned in the US but opened up shop here. Holy fuck what complete pieces of shit :lol: 

A buddy's dad (who was a Poli Sci university prof and a pompous jackass) bought a brand spanking new Signet that came with I shit you not a hand crank for cold weather starts. :lol:  I'll never forget the time we had to go pick up my buddy for school because his dad couldn't crank it in the cold. We pulled up in the 'ol Pontiac Parisienne and my grandpa pulled up right behind him as he was cranking and laid on the horn :lol: 

thing was only like 6 months old at the time. 

A22FC27C-072F-469F-B7C3-88119792AEE5.jpeg.6eb2fe971cc40dd6bc9035047ad43923.jpeg

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

He got back to me, you were right, it's a Ural.

• Like 1