Truck debates ...

Bontz

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Not likely...I'd squish your head like a beer can :bc:

With four street bums swingin' 36" Louisville Sluggers ( Ted Williams Signature Model ) at ya, I don't think so. I nevah said I fight fair.   :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes, you COPIED ZNOTTY!! Now everybody will think you wanna be me!!!   

What's next, you buy a Jonsered chain saw!!!!   

Stihl for the win!!  Good buddy of mine owns a Stihl business so it's kinda hard to justify going with anything else, given his pricing and service work.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Shorts with suspenders? I thought you were some sort of bad ass? 

Is this guy for fucking real? Holy shit. He just keeps going off like a fuckin tea kettle. :lol: 

Wut, you think that's funny???

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

With four street bums swingin' 36" Louisville Sluggers ( Ted Williams Signature Model ) at ya, I don't think so. I nevah said I fight fair.   :dunno:

Is that mach z not gang?

:lol:

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Stihl for the win!!  Good buddy of mine owns a Stihl business so it's kinda hard to justify going with anything else, given his pricing and service work.

OK, just don't take a pic of it on your woodpile. or they will think you wanna' be me!!  

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Nah, just any street bums that wanna' do some batting practice for a couple hunnert bucks. 

Cool. Maybe they can handle your undercoating negotiations for you as well.

Edited by Dave
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Significant assets!! LMAO!! How about a broke-assed old bastid on an old farm, with chump change!! 

These are my pants, that I wear EVERY DAY. Family members are embarrassed for me if someone sees me.

Look at the roof tar! Look at the acid burns!! LMMFAO!! 

ASSETS!! LMAO! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

P1031017.JPG

Yep.

YOURE A BUM!!

On 1/3/2021 at 4:09 PM, Bontz said:

It took longer than I thought, but my very first statement when I opened this topic (this turning into a shit show) wasn't exactly a stretch of the imagination!! LOL

The new 6.2 GMC is home, and I'm hoping to not have any regrets on ditching the Ford.

How do you like the front seats? I'm having a hard time getting my 21 into a comfortable spot. Found them much nicer on my 19.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:18 PM, Dave said:

Whats your opinion on the mirrors on the 2500 3500 gms?

You get used to them.

Dealt my 19 denali with 25km to a 21 denali with the heads up display for 5600 plus a bed cover and mudflaps, didn't think that was too bad.

20201207_164111.jpg

20201024_160634.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

How do you like the front seats? I'm having a hard time getting my 21 into a comfortable spot. Found them much nicer on my 19.

You get used to them.

Dealt my 19 denali with 25km to a 21 denali with the heads up display for 5600 plus a bed cover and mudflaps, didn't think that was too bad.

20201207_164111.jpg

20201024_160634.jpg

5600?

1 minute ago, Dave said:

5600?

Farm fleet deal. $5600 plus hst and accessories (cover and mudflaps) difference.

Old truck was on a transport to the US the next day. The 19 I got rid of cost me about 400$ to deal from a same spec 19 I'd bought earlier that year. Fleet deal isn't what it was on the 19s(went down about 4 grand when they switched to the new body style), I got one 19 for 22500 off list

1 minute ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Farm fleet deal. $5600 plus hst and accessories (cover and mudflaps) difference.

Old truck was on a transport to the US the next day. The 19 I got rid of cost me about 400$ to deal from a same spec 19 I'd bought earlier that year. Fleet deal isn't what it was on the 19s(went down about 4 grand when they switched to the new body style), I got one 19 for 22500 off list

Geez thats sweet deal...I got my 21 limited super duty for 15 off list and I thought I did well.

8 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

damn.  Sign me up for that deal!

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

Geez thats sweet deal...I got my 21 limited super duty for 15 off list and I thought I did well.

95 list

Paid 80 plus accessories and tax,

They gave me 74500 for my 19 , I paid 70.xxx something for it.

Edited by Glenn in Caledon

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

damn.  Sign me up for that deal!

I miss those days, driving that truck for more then 6 months was hard, had to clean it twice.  

Fleet deal tanked 6 grand on 20s so I skipped and then with the crazy used prices I flipped into a 21 for half of what I was quoted on a 20 a year ago with that many more km(and time) on the trade. 

If the CAD $ keeps going up the trade value will go to shit in a hurry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

95 list

Paid 80 plus accessories and tax,

They gave me 74500 for my 19 , I paid 70.xxx something for it.

Ya mine was 104 list

They gave me 61 for my 18 platinum with 124k on it

The seats seem fine to me ... although I've only got about 90 minutes in the truck since the purchase.  So there's still some "getting used to" that I need to do in comparison to my Lariat.  I have zero regrets on the purchase, but I do tend to think the interior of the Ford is a little bit nicer ... especially the gauge cluster.  I also wish the GMC app to remote start, lock, etc. was available without an OnStar subscription but that's just me being picky.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

The seats seem fine to me ... although I've only got about 90 minutes in the truck since the purchase.  So there's still some "getting used to" that I need to do in comparison to my Lariat.  I have zero regrets on the purchase, but I do tend to think the interior of the Ford is a little bit nicer ... especially the gauge cluster.  I also wish the GMC app to remote start, lock, etc. was available without an OnStar subscription but that's just me being picky.

Ya the Ford app is sweet...and free

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I think the key fob actions will stay active for 3 years from date of delivery. That may have changed though. 

I kept the basic Onstar plan on my last two trucks because the discount that I got on my insurance for having it pretty much paid for the Onstar subscription. I used their navigation the entire 2200 mile loop that we did over to Maine and back, in 2015. Worked great. Picked my route for the day from the hotel room and when I started the truck, it downloaded the route and away we would go. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I think the key fob actions will stay active for 3 years from date of delivery. That may have changed though. 

I think the remote access stuff changed in either '18 or '19.  One of my buddies has it for something like 3 or 4 years, like you said .... but I think his truck is a '17.  Another buddy of mine has a '18 and doesn't have the function (requires OnStar).  I know for a fact my truck requires OnStar, which is unfortunate ... like @Dave mentioned, the Ford app is free.

8 hours ago, Bontz said:

I think the remote access stuff changed in either '18 or '19.  One of my buddies has it for something like 3 or 4 years, like you said .... but I think his truck is a '17.  Another buddy of mine has a '18 and doesn't have the function (requires OnStar).  I know for a fact my truck requires OnStar, which is unfortunate ... like @Dave mentioned, the Ford app is free.

That makes sense. My last truck was a 17.