Decent siphon

I had the same siphon for years and years but it finally went to pot. Now I can’t find a similar one. It had a cup with a foam bottom to seal the tank and then a little plastic straw. You would blow into the straw to pressurize the tank and force the fuel out / start the siphon. Does anybody still make one like that? I looked all over the web and only found cheap chinsy ones with little bulbs or manual transfer pumps. I should’ve kept the one part and just picked up some new vinyl tubing. Maybe I did but damned if I can find it.

I only use siphons for putting gas in boats and the siphons great for that are the Super Siphons. The ones with rattle ball on end. Sold everywhere, literally. That’s all I have for you , sorry. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use thee ol rattle ball hose too. It works pretty good, but can never get the bottom of the tank well. I Zip tied a bar to it to control the hose and that helped, but it still can't rattle all the gas out. I have also used a rag to seal the tank and blew compressed air into it. That would push some more gas out.

7 hours ago, BobRoss said:

I use thee ol rattle ball hose too. It works pretty good, but can never get the bottom of the tank well. I Zip tied a bar to it to control the hose and that helped, but it still can't rattle all the gas out. I have also used a rag to seal the tank and blew compressed air into it. That would push some more gas out.

I have a cheap electric fuel pump that comes with screw in filter and hose barbs on each side. Added lengths of wire with alligator clips and obviously fuel line on each side.

I work on lots of stuff and this comes in handy for things like you mention.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Well.. I was thinking of a rip with ya, but now I’m not to sure?

Live on the edge man!  A mouth full of gasoline won't kill you.  I hope!  At least hasn't yet!

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Live on the edge man!  A mouth full of gasoline won't kill you.  I hope!  At least hasn't yet!

Right on… I have had my share of side trail running on fumes... refuelling mouth isn’t fun, but it’s worth another rip to get home!

Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do! 

Ride Hard Boys!

Cant wait to get back on the saddle.

🐸

That’s a nice unit Deep.. that’s cheaper than you can find at the store with the rubber pump.

Are you one of those guys that likes things cheap and easy?

Edited by Icecube