650 owners

Crnr2Crnr

who's keeping the stock 22/36 gearing that's supposedly only good for 95mph but ideal for corner to corner trail riding? 
@racerdave?

there's a reason the 650 does well in 1000 feet... but it isn't just the engine as some of the HCS morons are claiming  

a stock 600 XC/XCR runs 22/41 gearing and I bet either will top end these things with those gears

On 12/29/2020 at 9:12 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

who's keeping the stock 22/36 gearing that's supposedly only good for 95mph but ideal for corner to corner trail riding? 
@racerdave?

there's a reason the 650 does well in 1000 feet... but it isn't just the engine as some of the HCS morons are claiming  

a stock 600 XC/XCR runs 22/41 gearing and I bet either will top end these things with those gears

Why would you consider taller 1.63 gearing having less top end than lower 1.86 gearing???

• 1 month later...

Cuz’s 650 stuck a piston. Only 30 miles on it at the time. Locked right up.  I was riding right behind it when it happened. Not a cold seize as we had been riding a good 40 min without a break. Coolant temp was around 112. 20 minute later got engine to rotate and start (wouldn’t rotate right after it happened) and drove it under say 40mph home. Didn’t try over that. Seemed to run fine but a little down on power.

Dealer did compression test yesterday and reported one cyl under 100 psi. They are tearing apart today/tomorrow to see what happened.

I’d post it on HCS but I can’t. Doh.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Why would anyone care about top ending a 600 or 650?  I'd set it up for how you intend to use it.  And if that's lake running then you bought the wrong sled.

Polaris guys are all about top speed - it seems to me.  I think it's sort've comical that some of their own 600's can top end them.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fastsleddr said:

My 650 came with 22/41, beats 800's and even some 850's to 660 feet. I like it.

Took it to a 600 ft radar run, won every class I entered it in!

It came with 22/41 ... did it STAY with 22/41? LOL   I'm looking forward to hearing more from you as we get to next season 🍻

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 1:08 PM, fastsleddr said:

I thought you didn't care for Storm tracks?

On 3/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Bontz said:

It came with 22/41 ... did it STAY with 22/41? LOL   I'm looking forward to hearing more from you as we get to next season 🍻

so far----hmmmm

On 3/18/2021 at 1:08 PM, fastsleddr said:

Then you should have 20-36 oem