MATRYX Knee pads

racerdave

These were originally made for my 2012 Pro R Switchback 800 . I also used them on my 2015 Pro R Indy 600 SP . They aren't a perfict fit, but they are paid for. I've always liked this type of pad. Also have them made for my 2020 Indy XC850. Made by a HCS member

IMG_7562[1].JPG

IMG_7561[1].JPG

I remember when he (Todd, was it?) came out with these back in the 2012 time frame ... he sent me a set to try on my Switchback and they worked awesome.  People underestimate how well padding works on the cowling when really getting on it.  I had a few riding buddies who chuckled at the sight of the Skinz knee pads on my previous sleds ... and then as soon as they got off from swapping sleds, they were like "Holy balls - I'm getting those things" and sure enough, they'd have them on their own sled the next trip.

• Like 2

When you are 6' 5", knee pads are a necessity.  I ordered some after the first 20 mile ride on my Switchback.

Not to change the subject, but are those the mirror mount locations on that Matryx?

Edited by Mag6240

16 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

When you are 6' 5", knee pads are a necessity.  I ordered some after the first 20 mile ride on my Switchback.

Not to change the subject, but are those the mirror mount locations on that Matryx?

Yep

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I was really hoping I wouldn't need the knee pads on the vr-1.  I have had them on every sled for the last dozen years or so but thought the draw to the new plastic was more room to get your knee around.  Damn it.  I hope I don't need the pads....

• Gold Member
On 12/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, poopooforme said:

I was really hoping I wouldn't need the knee pads on the vr-1.  I have had them on every sled for the last dozen years or so but thought the draw to the new plastic was more room to get your knee around.  Damn it.  I hope I don't need the pads....

Same here.  Same deal.  Hope I don't need them...

• Gold Member
On 1/2/2021 at 11:08 AM, racerdave said:

Replying to yourself?

What is Zam the only guy that can get drunk round here???  LOL ya well I got close to 300  miles on my VR1 and I either need to put the knee pads back in my bibs or need some on the sled.  

• Haha 1