Looks like someone is having a 'Blast' modifying his Venom

Crnr2Crnr

18 hours ago, mnstang said:

So no.  Exactly my point.

ok, no.

regardless, interesting to see some of the changes and upgrades people are doing to them and nice to know it doesn't require any substantial modifications to the mounting points.  pair of a-arms, shocks, ditch the e-start, dial in the clutching and these will probably smoke a 93/94 Jag in the woods.  :lmao:

maybe you should buy one  ;) 

4 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

That price is dumb.

Screenshot_20220121-055325_Facebook.jpg

$9065 MSRP with the trailblazer kit (aka - should come that way kit)
https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/mid-sized/blast-xr#model-blast-xr-4000

add in destination, set up, etc. and the price aligns with Cat

is that a good value for $ ?   not for me

41 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

$9065 MSRP with the trailblazer kit (aka - should come that way kit)
https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/mid-sized/blast-xr#model-blast-xr-4000

add in destination, set up, etc. and the price aligns with Cat

is that a good value for $ ?   not for me

Wasn't pointing towards the dealers pricing, just that it's spendy for what it is.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Wasn't pointing towards the dealers pricing, just that it's spendy for what it is.

Everything is spendy right now, but I'd say the price has been the biggest gripe in regards to these.  Have you seen the price of used ZR200's?  Not far behind.

I’ve done a little tinkering with the future value of money and trying to compare current new prices with prices from like the 90’s, and it’s not very far off.

If someone can find me a price and model info on, say, a 1990 Cat with IFS and a 550 fan, that would probably be close enough to a Blast that I could work up the current price for comparison.

I think this is like E85 - once you account for the difference in mileage, compared to 10% ethanol gas, the actual cost is almost exactly the same (petro companies do that on purpose, for sure.  I don’t know where sled msrp’s come from).

Here's an example....

https://snowgoer.com/vintage-sleds/1999-arctic-cat-jag-440/2438/

1999 Z 440 (56 hp)

1999 Jag 440 Deluxe (42 hp)

Both MSRP'd for $4,399

If I plop in 1999 and 2022 into this calculator:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

I come up with an overall inflation rate of 1.67 over that time period.  Using that, I can calculate the current MSRP for these sleds:

4,399 x 1.67 = $7,346

Compare that to....

Blast ZR MSRP is $8,255

So, that's more of a difference than I expected.  We'd be comparing the regular Blast ZR, I think, because the Z 440 would probably be close to the same performance.  Add a few bucks for reverse and electric start, which the Z 440 didn't have.  How much should we allow for that? 

On 1/21/2022 at 7:21 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok, no.

regardless, interesting to see some of the changes and upgrades people are doing to them and nice to know it doesn't require any substantial modifications to the mounting points.  pair of a-arms, shocks, ditch the e-start, dial in the clutching and these will probably smoke a 93/94 Jag in the woods.  :lmao:

maybe you should buy one  ;) 

as is off the showroom they will smoke an average guy on a 600 or 800 in the woods, at the least poo and doos I outran...

The shocks need to be upgraded to take a long poundign without fade, but IMO there is no need to go wider ski stance.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:58 AM, p51mstg said:

Here's an example....

https://snowgoer.com/vintage-sleds/1999-arctic-cat-jag-440/2438/

1999 Z 440 (56 hp)

1999 Jag 440 Deluxe (42 hp)

Both MSRP'd for $4,399

If I plop in 1999 and 2022 into this calculator:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

I come up with an overall inflation rate of 1.67 over that time period.  Using that, I can calculate the current MSRP for these sleds:

4,399 x 1.67 = $7,346

Compare that to....

Blast ZR MSRP is $8,255

So, that's more of a difference than I expected.  We'd be comparing the regular Blast ZR, I think, because the Z 440 would probably be close to the same performance.  Add a few bucks for reverse and electric start, which the Z 440 didn't have.  How much should we allow for that? 

A Z440 Sno Pro might be close in a drag race, but the blast runs way better, and much stronger. 
A normal Z440 wouldn't' be in the same league.  The blast also has A way, way better hydraulic brake (z was cable) EFI exhaust valves, electric start, reverse, gets better fuel and oil mileage. etc

On 1/21/2022 at 8:17 AM, p51mstg said:

I’ve done a little tinkering with the future value of money and trying to compare current new prices with prices from like the 90’s, and it’s not very far off.

If someone can find me a price and model info on, say, a 1990 Cat with IFS and a 550 fan, that would probably be close enough to a Blast that I could work up the current price for comparison.

I think this is like E85 - once you account for the difference in mileage, compared to 10% ethanol gas, the actual cost is almost exactly the same (petro companies do that on purpose, for sure.  I don’t know where sled msrp’s come from).

Tcat in 2000 used to be $10k.  XCR 850 is about $16,300 OTD so pretty similar in pricing.

Add in all the other stuff that has gone way up though, belts, oil, gas, hotel rooms, trucks, trailers, restaurants, etc. and it gets out of hand pretty quick for a 3 month season.

The B-Last needs to be priced to bring in new riders to the sport AND get them loyal to Cat.  Then what they really need are some sleds to keep Cat fans on a Cat.

image.png.764b6abc3404cc837d86911bb72a01d6.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, krom said:

as is off the showroom they will smoke an average guy on a 600 or 800 in the woods, at the least poo and doos I outran...

The shocks need to be upgraded to take a long poundign without fade, but IMO there is no need to go wider ski stance.

or a $4K SP500 :lol:

10 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Then what they really need are some sleds to keep Cat fans on a Cat.

:thumbsup: