Looks like someone is having a 'Blast' modifying his Venom

Crnr2Crnr

• 1 month later...

Meh its more like the other MFG chassis, cant race with out brace kits. 

I will say they are rare to see but every single person I know that has seen one in the wild ( venom seems to be the flavor) loves the idea... just not the price. 

I also bang around the idea of if I would buy a blast, then I think it would be awesome if they just added a 600... they realize I can just buy SX sled.. Soo  why the doesn't AC just sell the SX sled to consumers?  they un on 91oct now anyway. If I could go finance one of those... I would sell my shit box.

The single is neat... that's about it.

23 hours ago, mnstang said:

I think people bitching about Blast pricing are fucking retards.

maybe, but the MSRP on all new high end sleds seems retarded right now.  people have been bitching about the Blast pricing since the launch.  do you know anyone personally that's bought one?  I don't.  :dunno:  

On 3/19/2021 at 7:17 AM, Cwhite138 said:

I also bang around the idea of if I would buy a blast, then I think it would be awesome if they just added a 600... they realize I can just buy SX sled.. Soo  why the doesn't AC just sell the SX sled to consumers?  they un on 91oct now anyway. If I could go finance one of those... I would sell my shit box.

The single is neat... that's about it.

trouble with the SX sled is the tiny fuel tank and mapping it for trail and 91 octane use.  you're better off with an RXC imo anyway. 

my point of making a 'modern Sno Pro' from the Blast is that it would literally be a parts bin sled for them with tech/tooling they already have.   stock 600 they've used since 2014 without e-start, use the wider A-arms, spindles, from the previous ZR's, basic IFP shocks, a little additional bracing where necessary, the 129 skid again using IFP's with a Cobra, slather it in ARCTIC CAT green and black, skip the fancy gauge nonsense, and they're done... all new $10-11K Sno Pro for us trail guys to piss pound and tinker with.   

the reason for the basic IFP's is to keep the price down, then if folks would want to upgrade the shocks there's tons of options already out there for us new or used.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

trouble with the SX sled is the tiny fuel tank and mapping it for trail and 91 octane use.  you're better off with an RXC imo anyway. 

my point of making a 'modern Sno Pro' from the Blast is that it would literally be a parts bin sled for them with tech/tooling they already have.   stock 600 they've used since 2014 without e-start, use the wider A-arms, spindles, from the previous ZR's, basic IFP shocks, a little additional bracing where necessary, the 129 skid again using IFP's with a Cobra, slather it in ARCTIC CAT green and black, skip the fancy gauge nonsense, and they're done... all new $10-11K Sno Pro for us trail guys to piss pound and tinker with.   

the reason for the basic IFP's is to keep the price down, then if folks would want to upgrade the shocks there's tons of options already out there for us new or used.

You are right...

Getting the rxc would be more appealing if they would let me chose a 1.75 track. 

You are correct that would be a good route for them but is the seating position an issue on a blast?  How different is the chassis from a zr. Once you change all that 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They've made a 600 procross since 14.  I don't get your fascination.  You could buy a zr6000 and put some blast decals on if that's what you really need.  Good to go.  

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe, but the MSRP on all new high end sleds seems retarded right now.  people have been bitching about the Blast pricing since the launch.  do you know anyone personally that's bought one?  I don't.  :dunno:  

I don't, but I don't know anyone personally that's bought any 21' sleds from any manufacturer.  I have seen them out in my limited trail time this year.

At least you can agree that pricing on all new sleds is high because that's where I was going next.  In relation to the "full size" sleds, I think the price is very in line, if not a bargain.  Really sit back and think how much cheaper it can be.  The assembly costs is same.  The front end is same.  The exhaust is same.  The chaincase is same.  The track is same.  The epa testing is same.  The r&d is same.  You're saving a little bit on the motor.  You're saving a little bit on cheaper shocks.  You're saving a little bit here and there on a few select parts, that to me doesn't justify half off from the other sleds.

People are just so negative toward this and I think it's dumb.  It's ok if it's not for you.  It's kind of narcissistic to think it must be.  Why aren't you bitching about every single other new sled that you aren't buying?  There must be a reason you're not buying those too right?  

On 3/20/2021 at 1:43 PM, mnstang said:

I don't, but I don't know anyone personally that's bought any 21' sleds from any manufacturer.  I have seen them out in my limited trail time this year.

At least you can agree that pricing on all new sleds is high because that's where I was going next.  In relation to the "full size" sleds, I think the price is very in line, if not a bargain.  Really sit back and think how much cheaper it can be.  The assembly costs is same.  The front end is same.  The exhaust is same.  The chaincase is same.  The track is same.  The epa testing is same.  The r&d is same.  You're saving a little bit on the motor.  You're saving a little bit on cheaper shocks.  You're saving a little bit here and there on a few select parts, that to me doesn't justify half off from the other sleds.

People are just so negative toward this and I think it's dumb.  It's ok if it's not for you.  It's kind of narcissistic to think it must be.  Why aren't you bitching about every single other new sled that you aren't buying?  There must be a reason you're not buying those too right?  

Does Doo have the right idea on the 'entry level' sled?  Maybe...

when comparing apples to apples for 2022 you can buy an 85hp MXZ 600 Sport 129 ($8700MSRP), a 65hp Blast ZR 121 ($8255MSRP)/Venom 121 ($8199MSRP) or IDK?hp Indy 550 121 ($8099MSRP)

next step up is the Renegade Adrenaline 600 ($11,949MSRP) an 137 Indy SP 600 137 ($11,599) or a ZR 6000 137 Limited ($13,395MSRP)

where's that 'middle of the road sled' for Cat now?  that's part of what I'm talking about, a simple fun trail sled and maybe in this midsized chassis they already have the tooling and materials to use.   no, I also did not use snowmageddon pricing as Poo & Doo guys don't seem to pay list either, heck even the Riot 6000 with base shocks has a $12,895 MSRP?  really Cat? 

I feel they were on the right pricing structure for the product they were selling during the initial snowmaggedon years, this year I don't think they're in the ball park at all, nor does @taperk600 or folks that have bought many of them.  

pricing-sheet.jpg&v=1552985201198?v=2019

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

How much cheaper do you think it is for cat to build a 600 vs an 800 sled?  I would bet it's within a couple of dollars.  And some extra$$ figured in for higher 800 warranty costs.  But essentially the same.  I don't know enough about those other products you listed to comment.  I'll say it's not all about a spec sheet that makes a certain snowmobiles a right fit for someone.

Things are expensive.  Get used to it.  What do you think all these bullshit stimulus things are going to do?  It's called inflation, our dollars weaken with every one.  If you got any stimulus money, in the end it will probably cost you 10x more than you got in the end (or more)

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

How much cheaper do you think it is for cat to build a 600 vs an 800 sled?  I would bet it's within a couple of dollars.  And some extra$$ figured in for higher 800 warranty costs.  But essentially the same.  I don't know enough about those other products you listed to comment.  I'll say it's not all about a spec sheet that makes a certain snowmobiles a right fit for someone.

Things are expensive.  Get used to it.  What do you think all these bullshit stimulus things are going to do?  It's called inflation, our dollars weaken with every one.  If you got any stimulus money, in the end it will probably cost you 10x more than you got in the end (or more)

$6.18, I looked it up.  

Keep voting to take guns away though.  See how well that world out for you.

wtf is your obsession with /\ this /\ and me and you incessantly posting about it?  do I need to post pictures of my arsenal or something, seriously... you are reaching level three idiocy over this?  

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Saw a used Blast on marketplace so at least 1 person bought one last year.

Saw one at the bar in brookston this year.  I was like hey look a Blast!  My buddies didn't seem to care

Saw one at the bar in brookston this year.  I was like hey look a Blast!  My buddies didn't seem to care

This one had 900 miles so even he rode more than me this winter lol.

30 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

This one had 900 miles so even he rode more than me this winter lol.

According to the internet that would equate to him being on his 4th or 5th engine.  Not bad!  Although also according to the internet, you can't get any parts.  You must have time traveled to the future.  How are the procross graphics looking?

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

According to the internet that would equate to him being on his 4th or 5th engine.  Not bad!  Although also according to the internet, you can't get any parts.  You must have time traveled to the future.  How are the procross graphics looking?

Boldest and newest ever!

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Probably a dealer demo :whistle:

can't be, they have seven dealers left after Polaris and BRP launched their 2022's.  with 900 miles it was probably ran wfo on a track stand to set a top speed record for the 400 single cylinder snowmobile class.

in other news that's probably only interesting to me, the Blast XR Touring has a wider ski stance 46/47 rather than 44/45 - so there's that for those looking to widen the stance.  no fiche pics or part numbers yet to see which parts are the same or different... but it's probably just a-arms.

What?  No way is the stance 46/47?  Maybe outside of ski to outside..  but not the stance which is center to center.  I think most of the blasts are the 40" stance and use the high country size arms to achieve that.

I'm sure it ran the number.