Looks like someone is having a 'Blast' modifying his Venom

Crnr2Crnr

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/it’s-in-venom-mountain.161403/?fbclid=IwAR2uHmVN1HlWMI7DFh5CsrbAFJsS_7kfdDWsC8ilqauqxFnBi61Jcqk4rRg

interesting build but for the price of the sled and then upgrade parts, you might be creeping into (snowmaggedon-$) Riot X territory?     

the blue B-Last's do look so much nicer... but the Woody's Orange Riot X sure is a looker.RiotX8000-OrangeBlue_Profile_MY21_1400x5 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/it’s-in-venom-mountain.161403/?fbclid=IwAR2uHmVN1HlWMI7DFh5CsrbAFJsS_7kfdDWsC8ilqauqxFnBi61Jcqk4rRg

interesting build but for the price of the sled and then upgrade parts, you might be creeping into (snowmaggedon-$) Riot X territory?     

the blue B-Last's do look so much nicer... but the Woody's Orange Riot X sure is a looker.RiotX8000-OrangeBlue_Profile_MY21_1400x5 

Only read page one, but it's starting off around 75 pounds lighter than a riot x.  That's substantial especially off trail.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Only read page one, but it's starting off around 75 pounds lighter than a riot x.  That's substantial especially off trail.

75 pounds and 80hp lighter than a riot X

interesting, but keep reading - he's the first one I've seen really making some substantial changes since our HCS departure 

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

75 pounds and 80hp lighter than a riot X

interesting, but keep reading - he's the first one I've seen really making some substantial changes since our HCS departure 

To some people a weight drop means alot more than any power gain

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

What is the weight of these things.. I just looked though the web site and couldn't find it... 

They really need to step up their web site game. 

There is one benefit to this thing and I cant even find the spec easily 

good luck I was looking out of curiosity and couldn’t find nothing 

• Gold Member

It’s pretty pathetic on cats part they can’t even put the blast weight on the spec sheets on there site. What are they trying to hide? It’s really not that light? Only thing I can find is power plant under 50lbs. Cat site show blast weight as blank just empty space, Yamaha site shows venom weight as “standard” wtf does that mean. Go to any Polaris or ski doo on there site it shows the weight for every sled.

Edited by 800renegaderider

beauty is only skin deep, but fat goes straight to the bone.

one of my last posts on HCS was asking if anyone got one on a scale yet.  so why won't TextronCat or Yammahana post the dry weight?

that being said, good luck breaking the fat girl.  :lol:

Cat was saying 400# when unveiled, didn't anyone else see?

They stopped posting weights in the twin spar days.  In the F7 days their marketing went HARD on power to weight.

The twin spar was cool but it shouldn't have been their only trail sled.  They should have kept the firecat going and have two offerings.  They later brought out the cfr but it was too late then and pretty outdated, and wasn't called F7

The Yamaha spec sheet lists their alpha blast at 429#.  I think they still list weights on the spec sheets.  My 2019 cat and 2005 car have listed weights on the spec sheets.  So the information is out there.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, mnstang said:

The Yamaha spec sheet lists their alpha blast at 429#.  I think they still list weights on the spec sheets.  My 2019 cat and 2005 car have listed weights on the spec sheets.  So the information is out there.

Thanks I looked around and couldn’t find nothing. 429# doesn’t seem very light to me for a small engine 3/4 size sled. My old renegade xp carb was I believe 450# and the assaults are in that range too I believe. I would have thought it be sub 400. Oh well good to know either way.

13 hours ago, mnstang said:

Cat was saying 400# when unveiled, didn't anyone else see?

They stopped posting weights in the twin spar days.  In the F7 days their marketing went HARD on power to weight.

The twin spar was cool but it shouldn't have been their only trail sled.  They should have kept the firecat going and have two offerings.  They later brought out the cfr but it was too late then and pretty outdated, and wasn't called F7

they offered the Crossfire 800 and 1000 all the way though 06-08  then CF/CFR to 2011. 
So they did have other offerings, maybe the marketing wasn't right?  to out dated? 

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Weight on the scale doesn't equal weight on the trail.

Riding a sled is the only way you can judge it

It matters for attracting new customers? 

Edited by Cwhite138

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:58 PM, Icecube said:

Cool... love when they go back and forth between the blast and a HCS for sound comparison.

I was like, what??? Is that the blast? Noooooo it’s a Big Block!

@Icecube was checking out TechMaples Riot thread on HCS - he's going to need to do a bit more than the track, drivers and gearing to crack 115 though.  Some D&D or Speedwerx love may be necessary.  They've both found good results with the Y-pipe, Pipe and Bullseyes.  @taperk600 did some testing a while back and found the mid-height w/s gave a 1-2mph top end advantage.  https://speedwerx.com/arctic-cat-8000-800-c-tec2-technical-information-videos

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Icecube was checking out TechMaples Riot thread on HCS - he's going to need to do a bit more than the track, drivers and gearing to crack 115 though.  Some D&D or Speedwerx love may be necessary.  They've both found good results with the Y-pipe, Pipe and Bullseyes.  @taperk600 did some testing a while back and found the mid-height w/s gave a 1-2mph top end advantage.  https://speedwerx.com/arctic-cat-8000-800-c-tec2-technical-information-videos

Hey Bro… he mentions dealing with the drive line efficiencies first and then he is going to address the power.

I really enjoy and learn a lot in public project forum… he seams to identify himself as the dealership mechanic?

hoping he shares and shows all... as you know my girl is getting old, I am going to keep her in the stable as stanby ready or for when my American HCR like you come out to my neck of the woods and we can enjoy the real stuff!

yes! I will ride the 2013 you can have the next great Arctic Cat bitch!

thank you for reaching out to me, really enjoying the camaraderie on these sites again, starting to feel like a kid again. :roflcrying:

loving this guy!

:green:

Edited by Icecube

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Hey Bro… he mentions dealing with the drive line efficiencies first and then he is going to address the power.

I really enjoy and learn a lot in public project forum… he seams to identify himself as the dealership mechanic?

hoping he shares and shows all... as you know my girl is getting old, I am going to keep her in the stable as stanby ready or for when my American HCR like you come out to my neck of the woods and we can enjoy the real stuff!

yes! I will ride the 2013 you can have the next great Arctic Cat bitch!

thank you for reaching out to me, really enjoying the camaraderie on these sites again, starting to feel like a kid again. :roflcrying:

loving this guy!

:green:

SW claims 5mph doing the track and driver swap which is consistent with others say.  Gearing will help as the 1.35/1.6 Riot's are geared low 22/48 than the ZR's at 21/41 - the sneaky gearing is the 2020 ZR 8000 Sno Pro which ran 21/38 gearing with a 1" lug.  ;)
https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-parts#/Arctic_Cat/2020_ZR_8000_SNO_PRO_ES_137_GREEN_[S2020ZXHSPUSG]/CHAIN_CASE_ASSEMBLY_[108084]/S2020ZXHSPUSG/108084/y

must admit, I do miss some of these discussions on HCS - but Joe... is a putz.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

SW claims 5mph doing the track and driver swap which is consistent with others say.  Gearing will help as the 1.35/1.6 Riot's are geared low 22/48 than the ZR's at 21/41 - the sneaky gearing is the 2020 ZR 8000 Sno Pro which ran 21/38 gearing with a 1" lug.  ;)
https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-parts#/Arctic_Cat/2020_ZR_8000_SNO_PRO_ES_137_GREEN_[S2020ZXHSPUSG]/CHAIN_CASE_ASSEMBLY_[108084]/S2020ZXHSPUSG/108084/y

It’s crazy... I don’t know what all the ruckus was about at HCS... this is cool, smaller nit group of cool people, it may grow? I like the group and the format here is like our old system, I like this platform better.

look... I got all these emojis!

I’m such a kid!:dance:

:barney::nudie::fatlady::green::bounce::gun:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Can’t wait to have the privilege of a new build!

I love tearing right into a new create and ripping it completely apart and giving it the F@#$ YA Factor right out of the gate.

The best part for me besides the mechanical (because I do leave that part to the real mechanic’s... I’m just their clean up bitch, small suspension assembly)

I Love ripping the BNG that someone at H.O Marketing work hard to create and throwing them in the garbage or cutting it up into something else.

Love making my own ride.

Peace... Friday night races!

:jedi:

Edited by Icecube

On 1/23/2021 at 7:11 PM, Icecube said:

Can’t wait to have the privilege of a new build!

I love tearing right into a new create and ripping it completely apart and giving it the F@#$ YA Factor right out of the gate.

The best part for me besides the mechanical (because I do leave that part to the real mechanic’s... I’m just their clean up bitch, small suspension assembly)

I Love ripping the BNG that someone at H.O Marketing work hard to create and throwing them in the garbage or cutting it up into something else.

Love making my own ride.

Peace... Friday night races!

:jedi:

tell TechMaples to run that track a bit on the stand, get it stretched and make certain the alignment is dead on.  I had to fiddle with the 14" one I had on to get the alignment spot on a few times after pulling the skid, and that track already had some miles on it.  ;)

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

tell TechMaples to run that track a bit on the stand, get it stretched and make certain the alignment is dead on.  I had to fiddle with the 14" one I had on to get the alignment spot on a few times after pulling the skid, and that track already had some miles on it.  ;)

Will... do!

miss the gang altogether at HCS... but I will say this is make me engage a whole lot more.

Not sure if that is a good thing?

:bounce: love this guy!