North Shore Thread Volume 2.0

Fireball 440

6 minutes ago, X2700 said:

I figured you had it already?

mine was made on the 6th and dealer had 12th.picked it up last Saturday.

it’s worth the wait!!!!

The tinfoil hat thinking in me has me wondering if my long-time dealer selling to River Valley has any play on the delay (I'm pretty sure it doesn't).  But I find it ironic that myself and 2 other guys that I know of who also snowchecked through the previous dealer ... all 3 of us continue to wait.

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The tinfoil hat thinking in me has me wondering if my long-time dealer selling to River Valley has any play on the delay (I'm pretty sure it doesn't).  But I find it ironic that myself and 2 other guys that I know of who also snowchecked through the previous dealer ... all 3 of us continue to wait.

What does Polaris have to say?

mine was planned forever then I called again last week and said it’s shipped see it in couple days.

crazy what’s going on with snowchecks!!

8 hours ago, X2700 said:

What does Polaris have to say?

mine was planned forever then I called again last week and said it’s shipped see it in couple days.

crazy what’s going on with snowchecks!!

I don't think Polaris even knows what's going on with some of this stuff LOL  The last I heard from the Polaris customer service team was, my sled was built and at the distribution center & delivery was to be completed by the generic Jan 31st date.  The new dealership hired my former dealership's lead mechanic, and he's been trying to look at the computer system to relay updates to me ... and continues to see nothing for shipment info.  So, I guess I just keep waiting.  It was one of those deals where I was pretty understanding, and almost laughing about it - but now it's starting to kinda piss me off.  I missed one of the best annual trips with the guys (last week), another trip with a different group of buddies this weekend, and a week from now I would be starting a saddle bag trip from Namakagon to Copper Harbor and back.  Pretty sure that saddle bag trip is gonna be replaced with seat time next weekend, watching my daughter's volleyball team - which isn't a bad thing.

The idea of bailing on my sled and looking/buying something else has gotten to the point of, it just isn't worth doing that because I'd be paying through the nose for a new sled, compared to what I'm locked into for price on my sled (and my luck, my XCR would show up the next day).  I'm giving serious thought to flipping it as soon as I get it and then sitting on the sidelines until I can find something I consider a decent sled and price.

Bontz, I doubt the change in dealership had anything to do with it, probably a coincidence.  If you’re used to getting a new sled every year or every other year, I could see flipping it.  But, just my opinion, there isn’t going to be anything good enough in 23 to make you change your mind on what you want.  It’s frustrating to wait that long.

9 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Bontz, I doubt the change in dealership had anything to do with it, probably a coincidence.  If you’re used to getting a new sled every year or every other year, I could see flipping it.  But, just my opinion, there isn’t going to be anything good enough in 23 to make you change your mind on what you want.  It’s frustrating to wait that long.

Oh, I know - you're 100% right on the '23 comments for sure.  I'm just getting pissy :lol2:  I hate the thought of a delivery coming much later than it already is & then I've got a a glorified garage ornament I need to stare at until next season.  Snow check is definitely off this guy's radar for a while.