2021 NY Shootout Results that weren't scribbled on a napkin.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’ll wait on the dyno numbers before I make a purchasing decision.

Thanks.

it's best to wait until the sales #'s come out so you can buy the same type of sled everyone else is running to fit in.

when do you get your new toy?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's best to wait until the sales #'s come out so you can buy the same type of sled everyone else is running to fit in.

Well, I mean, should I buy the best selling sled or the best dyno performing sled then?

Won’t have new ride until last race unless I can get one still in the crate.  Teams are keeping some crated because nobody knows if the series is gonna run it’s course because of spectators being banned because of the flu.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I mean, should I buy the best selling sled or the best dyno performing sled then?

Won’t have new ride until last race unless I can get one still in the crate.  Teams are keeping some crated because nobody knows if the series is gonna run it’s course because of spectators being banned because of the flu.

tough call, average the sales and dyno #'s and maybe pick the one with the best BNG's - or which one is easier to get parts for.

gotcha' - it's not just the flu, there isn't jack squat here for snow right now.  I started one of my sleds today just to let the neighbors hear some alternative christmas music.  :)  

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

tough call, average the sales and dyno #'s and maybe pick the one with the best BNG's - or which one is easier to get parts for.

gotcha' - it's not just the flu, there isn't jack squat here for snow right now.  I started one of my sleds today just to let the neighbors hear some alternative christmas music.  :)  

Hey!  Maybe a BNG barometer test?  Surely we can quantify the importance of that!

Teams are at Aurora, ERX and Hill city thumbing it up!  I’m so excited!  First time in 8 or so years I haven’t been trackside for the first flag drop though so.....sad face.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I hear the sweet spot is the second most popular

Seat of the pants and lining up my buddies 850s with my 18 Ctec this seems opposite of everything I’ve experienced but maybe it’s the 20/21 motor (I forget what my 18 had for gearing though). The Cat definitely makes some steam out the back now. My 18 was always as fast or faster down low than the poo 850s and they would come around up top by a lot, the ski doos weren’t really a factor either way but it seems like they have things figured out.

Just now, Cwhite138 said:

Man that matrix only looks good head on. reminds me of a cone head.

I'll just say it right now.  That thing is just fucking ass-ugly.  WTF?  I guess Poo designers decided having a great looking Axys model was just too much for them to sustain.  Holy fuck is that Matryx ugly as sin!  But...from the company that brought us the hay baling, tinker toy rear end, I'd expect nothing less from tainted eyes.

I mean....Ewwwww

2021 Polaris 650 Indy XC Launch Edition 137

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'll just say it right now.  That thing is just fucking ass-ugly.  WTF?  I guess Poo designers decided having a great looking Axys model was just too much for them to sustain.  Holy fuck is that Matryx ugly as sin!  But...from the company that brought us the hay baling, tinker toy rear end, I'd expect nothing less from tainted eyes.

I mean....Ewwwww

Apparently they're going after the g4 for the ugly sled title.

In before sales numbers

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It's amazing what you can do with sweet set of adjustable metric wrenches!

I have a set of those and had them custom milled to work on standard nuts and bolts.  cost me a pretty penny but totally worth it.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I mean....Ewwwww

they built a retro sled, without carbs 

polaris_iq_440_2005_racesled.jpg

14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Is that your excuse for buying the last place sleds?

no, my sleds are old and were huge winners in their day

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Apparently they're going after the g4 for the ugly sled title.

In before sales numbers

I don't understand this "top heavy" theme.  I guess they want the looks to match the handling?  I guess that makes sense.

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't understand this "top heavy" theme.  I guess they want the looks to match the handling?  I guess that makes sense.

Is the front of the sled just taken off one of their quads?  Probably trying to appeal to the quad-tard market.  

On 12/25/2020 at 4:34 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

The 900 ACE turbo confirms my seat of the pants when I had mine.  Friggin things are faster than most 800s and 850s.  All while not using injector oil  and using less gas.

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

The 900 ACE turbo confirms my seat of the pants when I had mine.  Friggin things are faster than most 800s and 850s.  All while not using injector oil  and using less gas.

Figures after watching the Chappelle aphabet explanation you would bring up the seat of your pants and the gayest reason to ever not buy a snowmobille...."it uses too much oil and gas".  Fucking Sally.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:48 AM, Zambroski said:

Not unexpected that you don't like boobs.

• Haha 2