Gapes and Wails

Rod

Sweet!  I'd love to rebuild an old '89 Indy 650 and get the matching leathers, just because that was the most badass thing on snow when I was a kid just getting into sledding at 10 years old.  Get me one of those Polaris Wedge helmets too.  Think we still have 4 or 5 of those in the basement.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sweet!  I'd love to rebuild an old '89 Indy 650 and get the matching leathers, just because that was the most badass thing on snow when I was a kid just getting into sledding at 10 years old.  Get me one of those Polaris Wedge helmets too.  Think we still have 4 or 5 of those in the basement.

Indy 650’s are cool! 

i posted these leathers on FB and people were tripping over themselves wanting to buy them lol

On 12/7/2021 at 7:09 PM, ACE said:

BE4BD832-5CCE-4D8A-AE8E-B2F09A7CA83C.jpeg

BCD826F9-7E87-4E97-B62A-BF89EB288F08.jpeg

Damn guy you are all in on the CK3 vintage lifestyle!  Gaping and wailing no less.

On 12/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, Matt said:

My sleds of that era....87 Indy 600....89 Indy 500 SKS.....91 Mach 1....94 Formula Z.....95 XCR600 and a couple more Polaris's after that.  Great era for snowmobiling.  Call it the post vintage era, even though they're vintage sleds now.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Last night the old mock C dirty gaped an assault (bad), beat a tunes f1100t and was neck and neck with buddies modded winder 

09C0B701-62E9-4C7F-90A8-224C5841A138.jpeg

588FFF18-1B54-40AC-9F6C-66CD07E32DB9.jpeg

Conditions, length of race?  Would think that Winder would have laid a dirty gape on you.

28 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn guy you are all in on the CK3 vintage lifestyle!  Gaping and wailing no less.

My sleds of that era....87 Indy 600....89 Indy 500 SKS.....91 Mach 1....94 Formula Z.....95 XCR600 and a couple more Polaris's after that.  Great era for snowmobiling.  Call it the post vintage era, even though they're vintage sleds now.

Conditions, length of race?  Would think that Winder would have laid a dirty gape on you.

Groomed trail, little warm out. I got him out of the hole, he pulled a length on me mid range then I stopped his pull. Fairly confident I’d pull back top end. 

I let out at 100 mph cause it was dark and I couldn’t see.  Getting more cautious with my oldness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Groomed trail, little warm out. I got him out of the hole, he pulled a length on me mid range then I stopped his pull. Fairly confident I’d pull back top end. 

I let out at 100 mph cause it was dark and I couldn’t see.  Getting more cautious with my oldness

Nice.   Yeah I'm skeered to go that fast at night these days too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drove the old mock C fairly average on one ride. Did 60 miles and had just under a 1/2 tank left which is probably more like a 1/3. Should get 90-100 miles but like to have more like 120 mile range so adding some fuel storage. Sometimes we get really far back there and it’s just nice to have supplies 

0A328AA1-B08D-4739-8C03-AF0113973D9A.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ACE said:

One rail been cracking. Threw a bead on it at the end of last season just to make it through but only made aboot 700 miles

trying to fix it more better 

EFFF7500-92F5-4AE1-BF36-9780ECB188FB.jpeg

35B9487D-EF5E-48A6-A316-7982CE8EF087.jpeg

Dude your welding skills are umm.....why not just buy a new rail, no?