John Dee forecasts

mnstang

Is it that far off to think this guy just makes outrageous forecasts to generate more clicks and ad dollars?  Yes, I still click.  But, it's ridiculous!  Does anyone think this forecast is going to be anywhere close to accurate?

Screenshot_20201222-082711.png

I’m kind of on the fence with his forecasts, tbh. They use to be really accurate but don’t seem that great anymore. I still check them though. I guess I never looked at it as possibly being a money thing. I’ve met and rode with JD before. He’s a really humble and down to earth guy so I guess I wouldn’t believe it being done just for clicks or money. That’s just me though. 

11 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’m kind of on the fence with his forecasts, tbh. They use to be really accurate but don’t seem that great anymore. I still check them though. I guess I never looked at it as possibly being a money thing. I’ve met and rode with JD before. He’s a really humble and down to earth guy so I guess I wouldn’t believe it being done just for clicks or money. That’s just me though. 

Well the alternative is that he's incredibly bad at his job.  Consistently.

The metro area is supposed to get an inch or two and he has it at 4-8".  At my property up north every other source I'm seeing looks like around 4" forecast, he is at 8-12" with possible 12+"!!  How can you be this far off from what every other weather place says, and be on the wrong end virtually every single time?  And keep doing it?

This happens every single week with his forecasts it's not a one time thing.  So far off.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree, for the most part he's pretty accurate.  I share my thoughts on these forecasts with my Facebook sled group only after I have averaged the forecasts from 4-5 others.  Once I do that, you can get a pretty good picture on what may or may not happen.  

Keep in mind, up until the day these storms or weather patterns hit, they can always change.  But his have been pretty darn close.  And guys gotta remember to read the text, the picture is only half the story, as he explains what has the most likelihood of changing

Edited by biff.org
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

He nailed last week with the dump then lake effect calumet and north . Prob in my top 5 UP trips ever. Over the hood for 3 days and only tracks we crossed were our own . Only ran in to 2 guys and after we pulled our  helmets we knew each other lol then shared a bowl or 3 . Had 1 sort if newish at the deep with us see below lol

20210212_140214.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder

On 12/24/2020 at 6:57 PM, BobRoss said:

I think he normally does a pretty good job. It seems most weather stations don't really give a good expected snow fall amount.

And none report lake effect . If they do they call it freezing mist and don't give amounts