Post Up Your Doo

oldslowsledder

What is the top end on that sled? 

14 minutes ago, Vtsnogirl said:

This is my 2021 Backcountry Sport 600 EFI. Finally got to stretch its legs yesterday! I like the new motor a lot. I've had a few 600 e-tecs in smaller track lengths (120/129). This my first long track & Gen 4. Also have an older 900 Ace to ride so I'm use to no top end lol! My only complaint so far is the dumb key. I keep trying to start it from the handlebar. xD

IMG_20210103_091021877_HDR.jpg

Polish_20210104_092250086.jpg

What is the top end on that sled?  Post up your experiences with it this season. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Vtsnogirl said:

This is my 2021 Backcountry Sport 600 EFI. Finally got to stretch its legs yesterday! I like the new motor a lot. I've had a few 600 e-tecs in smaller track lengths (120/129). This my first long track & Gen 4. Also have an older 900 Ace to ride so I'm use to no top end lol! My only complaint so far is the dumb key. I keep trying to start it from the handlebar. xD

IMG_20210103_091021877_HDR.jpg

Polish_20210104_092250086.jpg

I’m interested in your assessment of the sled also I’m really considering spring checking one like yours. I want something new sick of dealing with used junk. The price of this is what has me seriously thinking of getting one. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jdsky said:

What is the top end on that sled? 

What is the top end on that sled?  Post up your experiences with it this season. 

I'm still in break-in right now, though I ride the sled easy for a bit to get belt set then go like I usually ride. Where I was had hard packed logging road straight aways so I pinned it a couple of times. Didn't realize my gauge was in km's! Haha though through my conversion saw 78 on dream-o-meter at 7100 Rpms. The writing is so small so this is glancing at it. Its pretty snappy. Throttle response feels great imo. It's louder than my etec & more vibration at idle though didn't feel anything in the bars. I think the mxz 129 version of this will be a hoot in the twisties! Will get more miles since right on trail here in Island Pond VT.

30 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m interested in your assessment of the sled also I’m really considering spring checking one like yours. I want something new sick of dealing with used junk. The price of this is what has me seriously thinking of getting one. 

I spring ordered mine and price was a big factor for me. My friend took his with the 1 yr warranty at 7349 plus tax & fees (VT). I took 4 yr warranty at 8500 no tax (NH). The MXZ and Renegade obviously cheaper. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Vtsnogirl said:

I'm still in break-in right now, though I ride the sled easy for a bit to get belt set then go like I usually ride. Where I was had hard packed logging road straight aways so I pinned it a couple of times. Didn't realize my gauge was in km's! Haha though through my conversion saw 78 on dream-o-meter at 7100 Rpms. The writing is so small so this is glancing at it. Its pretty snappy. Throttle response feels great imo. It's louder than my etec & more vibration at idle though didn't feel anything in the bars. I think the mxz 129 version of this will be a hoot in the twisties! Will get more miles since right on trail here in Island Pond VT.

I spring ordered mine and price was a big factor for me. My friend took his with the 1 yr warranty at 7349 plus tax & fees (VT). I took 4 yr warranty at 8500 no tax (NH). The MXZ and Renegade obviously cheaper. 

That is the biggest factor for me is price I got 2 small kids so I rarely get to go north anymore or ride in general.  I don’t want 13-15k tied up in the sled I  really want to only use a handful of times a year. 78 is plenty fast for southern nh might fall behind on northern trips with my buds on turbos but whatever it’s new hopefully no hassle just turn key and ride. Ride this until my kids can ride on trails, buy myself my dream sled and hand this down to the wife. 7,349 is a hell of a deal for a new fuel injected sled. What dealer did you both get yours at?Thanks for the info and I look forward to hearing how it runs out of break in and if you run into any issues this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That is the biggest factor for me is price I got 2 small kids so I rarely get to go north anymore or ride in general.  I don’t want 13-15k tied up in the sled I  really want to only use a handful of times a year. 78 is plenty fast for southern nh might fall behind on northern trips with my buds on turbos but whatever it’s new hopefully no hassle just turn key and ride. Ride this until my kids can ride on trails, buy myself my dream sled and hand this down to the wife. 7,349 is a hell of a deal for a new fuel injected sled. What dealer did you both get yours at?Thanks for the info and I look forward to hearing how it runs out of break in and if you run into any issues this season.

I bought mine at Lemieux's NH and my friend at Land Air. Yes he had the $500 golden ticket email and 750 off for warranty no extra warranty. Without the two it would have been close to my price. My dealer said I could save $250 for each year but didn't want to if I didn't like it or problems. Extra warranty is nice. I believe Land Air quoted him $8400 something before this. MSRP was $8999 on the Backcountry. I'll keep you posted a start a 600 EFI ride post not to gum up this topic for the original poster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 4:17 PM, oldslowsledder said:

That 600 carbed was a great motor, had several over the years, put a ton of miles on trouble free. My only beef was the hanging idle in the later years but a blip of the throttle cured.

We'll see how the 85hp 600EFI that replaced it makes out. They certainly have it priced right up here north of the border

I had 2-2011 Sport 600"s and 2-2016 Renegade 600"s. I had the hanging idle on one of each and other than that no issues whatsoever. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vtsnogirl said:

I bought mine at Lemieux's NH and my friend at Land Air. Yes he had the $500 golden ticket email and 750 off for warranty no extra warranty. Without the two it would have been close to my price. My dealer said I could save $250 for each year but didn't want to if I didn't like it or problems. Extra warranty is nice. I believe Land Air quoted him $8400 something before this. MSRP was $8999 on the Backcountry. I'll keep you posted a start a 600 EFI ride post not to gum up this topic for the original poster. 

No worries, glad to have some activity in here!  I'm also quite interested in this sled so will be looking forward to your reviews!

• Thanks 1

My new to me yard sled, needed something fan cooled so I can leave it running while I putter around trailering wood, brush etc..

Plus with the extra seating position wife and I can take grandson for a spin!

GTX.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, oldslowsledder said:

That 600 carbed was a great motor, had several over the years, put a ton of miles on trouble free. My only beef was the hanging idle in the later years but a blip of the throttle cured.

We'll see how the 85hp 600EFI that replaced it makes out. They certainly have it priced right up here north of the border

Bigger pilot and a bit of fiddling with the air screw gets it some what under control . It just sucks you need to do so much fuking work just to do a 10 buck job and hope you get it right the first time lol .

Also found out this yr they moved the jug studs just slightly on a few different yrs of that sport mid build 15 was one if them  . Took 3 different tries to get the correct base gasket just a cunt hair off on stud placement.  Why ? Zero fucking idea 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, oldslowsledder said:

Replacing it with a Mach Z?

No but I did order a Renegade X in black with the Mach Z engine. 
 I didn’t want to spend that much money on a snowmobile. Besides I have a C8 Corvette on order and that’s where I would prefer to spend it.

• Like 3

I'm late to the party but my '16 mxz x 600 and the husband's '20 Renegade Adrenaline 850 with major shock upgrade. 

Going to rock the '16 one more season and then agonize over snowchecking a mxz or renegade.

IMG_20210221_132151635_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...