More bullshit

f7ben

2 hours ago, jammin said:

Yeah, Evers fucked up bigtime.   2 weeks to slow the curve then shelter in place for 30 days is now 9 months.  He's a fuckin idiot.  

You guys are lucky you have the tavern league to fight for your rights. Lots of other states are hurting bad. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

You guys are lucky you have the tavern league to fight for your rights. Lots of other states are hurting bad. 

I can’t Imagine how all of the Yooper bars are restaurants are going to survive another winter of this shit.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I can’t Imagine how all of the Yooper bars are restaurants are going to survive another winter of this shit.

They are going under, Jim. Even staying open the margins on those businesses are razor thin. Me and tick talked to the chick that used to own the mosquito and that was years before this covid crap. It's alot of work for not alot of money running those places. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

They are going under, Jim. Even staying open the margins on those businesses are razor thin. Me and tick talked to the chick that used to own the mosquito and that was years before this covid crap. It's alot of work for not alot of money running those places. 

I know it’s a tough gig even on a good day...I spent a lot of time goi g to school and driving across the UP and I used to wonder how they survived back then...really feel for these folks.

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Actually we are lucky we have some checks and balances in our state government where the governor is not allowed to act as a dictator.  His executive orders are not legal mandates and instead read as actions that individuals "should" consider doing and are "recommendations" only.  That means it is left up to counties, cities and local municipalities to make their own rules and regulations which is what has been happening since Ever's emergency powers were stripped months ago.

For those of us that live in rural areas there has been far less impact.  Different story if you live in madison or milwaukee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

Huh

DEC8E342-1CB4-4EC3-8EB8-1290A0048FB9.png

That's how vaccines work. Always have.

Vaccines train our immune systems to create proteins that fight disease, known as ‘antibodies’, just as would happen when we are exposed to a disease but – crucially – vaccines work without making us sick.

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

Actually we are lucky we have some checks and balances in our state government where the governor is not allowed to act as a dictator.  His executive orders are not legal mandates and instead read as actions that individuals "should" consider doing and are "recommendations" only.  That means it is left up to counties, cities and local municipalities to make their own rules and regulations which is what has been happening since Ever's emergency powers were stripped months ago.

For those of us that live in rural areas there has been far less impact.  Different story if you live in madison or milwaukee.

Its similar in Illinois as well but many towns and counties are really putting the screws to restaurants and bars. Some of the town mayors are fighting back but when you are faced with losing everything and then they threaten to throw thousands of dollars of fines on top? Ben is right, civil unrest is happening

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

And fight they do.  Think my buddy in pelican lake opened back up after expiration 1 and the TL told him he should open.  He spoke with the oneida county sheriff and told them he was opening and asked if they were going to come in and shut him down..... they said open, open, open.... we won't do a thing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I can’t really say this thing has changed my state of mind. In the beginning it was difficult because there was no direction coming from the feds on safety measures in healthcare. It left state and municipal governments scrambling. Looking back it’s clear to see where the CDC was kneecapped. That still pisses me off but there’s nothing I can do about it.  Now it’s basically relax and wait for it to pass. And it will. I’m pretty adaptive. In sept I bought some land up north that has a small one bedroom cabin. I’ve been splitting my time between home and there. It’s really not that bad. 

11 hours ago, frenchy said:

yep. You adapt. Pretty simple. The anger I observe from the 'strong' on these forums who claim they will never subjugate and call mask wearers weak while the mask wearers go about life is a pretty funny dose of irony that is quite simply lost on them :lol: 

You two think this is all about the masks?  One of you is a self assigned edgy liberal who just wants to be a normal little pest but the other used to have some brains and the ability to think with independent logic....not sure what happened there.

This is about government overreach and another way they steal our rights through the spread of an irrational fear.  This current scare I s a bi-partisan effort. An abusive government is far more dangerous than a foreign government wanting to crush our nation(s).  And in this case, we have both.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its similar in Illinois as well but many towns and counties are really putting the screws to restaurants and bars. Some of the town mayors are fighting back but when you are faced with losing everything and then they threaten to throw thousands of dollars of fines on top? Ben is right, civil unrest is happening

In this case hopefully these local shit birds in control get the boot from those that recognize their over reach, over reaction and not doing what's best for their citizens. 

In my experience local leaders here (specifically those in smaller communities) tend to be far more practical and actually serve the people they represent.  Not in all cases but it is far more prevalent than those that seem to gravitate to larger cities, counties and state government positions.  These people tend to be on massive power trips and get off on pushing their personal agenda's on others.  Exactly why I have elected to live outside large metro areas with tons of regulations.

Just now, jdsky said:

In this case hopefully these local shit birds in control get the boot from those that recognize their over reach, over reaction and not doing what's best for their citizens. 

In my experience local leaders here (specifically those in smaller communities) tend to be far more practical and actually serve the people they represent.  Not in all cases but it is far more prevalent than those that seem to gravitate to larger cities, counties and state government positions.  These people tend to be on massive power trips and get off on pushing their personal agenda's on others.  Exactly why I have elected to live outside large metro areas with tons of regulations.

Thats just it, with the social divide in this country many people support the shut downs. It all comes down to perspective. If you have a job and you can work from home you may think the lockdowns are a good idea. But if you own a service business and cant operate and pay your bills you arent going to like the lockdowns. I have some friends who own businesses and they are getting fucked and its not a left/right thing its a survival thing and it all comes down to perspective. I feel for them I really do and I still go out to these places and support them when they ARE open because even being open business is way down. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Looks like you are better off just getting the Covid

Without a doubt.  Apparently, half of us already have it!  Maybe even more!

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Now approved for pregnant women.   :lol:

hurry!!!!!    

clapping and cheering for people getting vaccine shot I have never seen such stupidity in my life. 

It’s just unbelievable.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You two think this is all about the masks?  One of you is a self assigned edgy liberal who just wants to be a normal little pest but the other used to have some brains and the ability to think with independent logic....not sure what happened there.

This is about government overreach and another way they steal our rights through the spread of an irrational fear.  This current scare I s a bi-partisan effort. An abusive government is far more dangerous than a foreign government wanting to crush our nation(s).  And in this case, we have both.

If someone needs to be worried, better it be you.  

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thats just it, with the social divide in this country many people support the shut downs. It all comes down to perspective. If you have a job and you can work from home you may think the lockdowns are a good idea. But if you own a service business and cant operate and pay your bills you arent going to like the lockdowns. I have some friends who own businesses and they are getting fucked and its not a left/right thing its a survival thing and it all comes down to perspective. I feel for them I really do and I still go out to these places and support them when they ARE open because even being open business is way down. 

This is going to create new openings for a lot of people and business. Several large scale companies in my area sent all but management home to work. Over the last month three of those companies are permanently closing their facilities and expanding payrolls. Everyone, including managers, are working from home. Productivity has improved and they’ve been able to fill positions that in the past went infilled. Lots of stay at home parents with excellent skills are stepping in. There’s a major shift occurring with remote workers stepping to fill the gaps.  Now look at the telehealth boom. It’s successfully started to decrease the cost of healthcare. In some cases quite dramatically. Many of the old and young like the idea of connecting with their healthcare providers through zoom or some other format. Never have to leave the house for follow up services. This has a real potential to slash healthcare costs. A lot of people have made the shift and like it. 

• Like 1