*****OfficialVermont Pic & Video thread*****

ckf

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, 800renegaderider said:

lakes frozen solid up there yet? Haven’t seen anyone running back lake yet on the web cams

Most are frozen over. There was an ice fisherman 200-300 yards of shore on Island Pond last week. I would think Back lake must have at least 3-4 inches of ice....in most spots, lol

I'm in Colebrook right now and there is only a dusting. :(

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, ckf said:

Most are frozen over. There was an ice fisherman 200-300 yards of shore on Island Pond last week. I would think Back lake must have at least 3-4 inches of ice....in most spots, lol

I'm in Colebrook right now and there is only a dusting. :(

I was surprised with no snow I’ve yet to see anyone riding the lake. Looks like some snow up north Saturday though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I was surprised with no snow I’ve yet to see anyone riding the lake. Looks like some snow up north Saturday though. 

I think they are forecasting 3-5 here. We just need those daily couple of inches of flurries that we get north of the notches to kick in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I'll have a report on the ice at Back Lake soon...

Screenshot_20201230-132926.png

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Cool video. Trails look pretty good for hardly any snow and freshly groomed.

We did have a thin layer of hard snow/ice covering most areas before the recent snow.

Newark Ez-Riders territory in the photos of Newark Pond below. The Ez-Riders were the 1st club that I ever joined in VT back in 1992 when I got my Arctic Cat Prowler. 

From the south end.

20210104-DJI_0125.jpg

From the north end

20210104-DJI_0123-HDR.jpg

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, ckf said:

We did have a thin layer of hard snow/ice covering most areas before the recent snow.

Newark Ez-Riders territory in the photos of Newark Pond below. The Ez-Riders were the 1st club that I ever joined in VT back in 1992 when I got my Arctic Cat Prowler. 

From the south end.

20210104-DJI_0125.jpg

From the north end

20210104-DJI_0123-HDR.jpg

Always wanted to give VT a try but I’m a no insurance guy and I don’t care to take the safety course that they make you take. Always stuck to NH and ME. VT trails always look nicely groomed.

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Always wanted to give VT a try but I’m a no insurance guy and I don’t care to take the safety course that they make you take. Always stuck to NH and ME. VT trails always look nicely groomed.

I'm old enough that it isn't required, lol. Just liability isn't to bad here in VT. The NEK of VT isn't nearly as busy as the Pittsburg, NH area on weekends IMO. That leads to better trails as the groomers still roll about every night, just like northern NH.

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm old enough that it isn't required, lol. Just liability isn't to bad here in VT. The NEK of VT isn't nearly as busy as the Pittsburg, NH area on weekends IMO. That leads to better trails as the groomers still roll about every night, just like northern NH.

Lucky you lol I was born in 87 so I’d have to take it unfortunately. I was over Pittsburg years ago to crowded for weekend guys like our group. We started going to mostly Maine for trips the past few years up until I took a year off last year and probably this year too at this point since sled blew.