Who's studding their sleds and what style studs you going with

Doug

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

@Crnr2Crnr is a Polaris tire kicker :lol:  He sure likes to stay involved with Polaris stuff, but he'd need a blood transfusion to remove all the GREEN in his system LOL

On the topic of studding, I changed my mind on my track option and will end up going back to studs this year vs. the screw in style.  I'm leaning towards 2-per on my 650 XCR (136) and will likely go with FastTrac 1.5's.  The other consideration is 1.45 Gold Diggers and using the Performance Stud Star backers like I did with my '18 Assault.

We had a couple different demo sleds last weekend including one with a ice ripper and one with a 1.50 storm(studded) and 1.35(studded).  Snow was light and sugary the storm hooked up the best in those conditions compared to the other sleds but had slightly more vibration and slightly louded track noise than the ice Ripper or 1.35 studded. Without any real icey corners the ice Ripper or studded tracks really didn't come into play.  I'm staying with a 1.35 with push thru Fasttrac studs. Ride in to many different conditions from trails, lakes and occasionally river so for me push thru studs offer the most.  I ride with a couple guys that had the screw in studs and most of the added push thru studs as they ride in similar conditions than I do.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1