Vermont Weather Thread

ckf

32° in Barre Town. A mix this morning and a couple inches of wet snow this afternoon. We didn’t loose the little base we had and this will add to it. Cold coming Sunday night will really set things up. 

2 hours ago, Sael said:

32° in Barre Town. A mix this morning and a couple inches of wet snow this afternoon. We didn’t loose the little base we had and this will add to it. Cold coming Sunday night will really set things up. 

At least you added. Pretty much a dud here today. Hopefully we pick up some tonight /tomorrow when the upslopes kick in :dunno:

We didn’t add much but it all helps. I got a call from my trailmaster asking me to remove the barricade blocking one of trails. The SnoBees are going to try to open their trails Monday. If the riders stay off the trails tomorrow and it gets real cold tomorrow night we will have the base we need and be in business. 

• Like 2

• USA Contributing Member

Brought the sled and equipment up on Friday and took it around the backyard and made adjustments some of the day on Saturday.  Fell off the thing when I was screwing around, been limping around since then.  I can remember taking a fall on my bike as a kid wearing shorts and no helmet... you would wipe the pebbles out of your knee caps and get back up and go and be fine.  You fall down with a suit and helmet on when your old it hurts for a while.

A couple of inches of snow, trail next to the house was closed.  Eight more weeks... need snow.  

3 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Brought the sled and equipment up on Friday and took it around the backyard and made adjustments some of the day on Saturday.  Fell off the thing when I was screwing around, been limping around since then.  I can remember taking a fall on my bike as a kid wearing shorts and no helmet... you would wipe the pebbles out of your knee caps and get back up and go and be fine.  You fall down with a suit and helmet on when your old it hurts for a while.

A couple of inches of snow, trail next to the house was closed.  Eight more weeks... need snow.  

It's supposed to snow off and on all week. Hopefully you will be good by the weekend.

On 1/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, ckf said:

It's supposed to snow off and on all week. Hopefully you will be good by the weekend.

Going up late Thursday, they still calling for snow on Friday?  

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Going up late Thursday, they still calling for snow on Friday?  

Yes, off and on snow tomorrow and Friday. This is how we get most of our snow around here, an inch or two at a time. We picked up 2 -3 between last night and today. I did just see that Orleans opened their trails today :bc:

Low miles but mostly a good ride.  Went from north Irasburg / south Coventry area to Jay Peak and back, trail were mostly good except for some water bars while going up and down an area (wasn't paying attention to map).  Snowed a couple inches everyday, groomers were out.   

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Low miles but mostly a good ride.  Went from north Irasburg / south Coventry area to Jay Peak and back, trail were mostly good except for some water bars while going up and down an area (wasn't paying attention to map).  Snowed a couple inches everyday, groomers were out.   

Hoping to leave out of Glover this week and headed to Enosburg area.

3 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

On the way up, temps look warm. How’s the snow at island pond?

Best coverage of the season. Didn't get above freezing here today. I think it was around 30 when we passed through Irasburg this afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

March not looking all that cold in eastern North America

Signs continue to point toward a slightly warmer-than-normal March across a large portion of eastern North America, while below-normal temperatures may dominate in the West.

The reason for this will likely be a persistent trough from northwestern Canada to the western third of the lower 48 states.

However, we are not talking about any sustained period of bitter cold, as the bulk of the Arctic air will be hanging out from the Yukon Territory on over into Siberia.

This pattern does favor a moist, southwesterly flow of air that will likely be directed toward the Great Lakes, eastern Canada and the northeastern United States, which is likely to result in a wetter pattern with near-normal high temperatures and above-normal low temperatures.

Despite the lack of real cold, there will still be more opportunities for accumulating snowfall in March throughout eastern Canada and the interior northeastern U.S., including the Midwest/Great Lakes.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/march-not-looking-all-that-cold-in-eastern-north-america/905225

• 2 weeks later...