Vermont Weather Thread

ckf

32 minutes ago, Sael said:

Seems like there were a lot of accidents in NH involving rentals and first time operators, I can’t imagine what these rental companies pay for insurance. 

36° with a pretty steady 10 mph wind in Barre Town right now, all my snow is gone.

Just got back to IP. Currently 25⁰ and dropping with 5-7mph winds out of the north, north west. Ice rink in the driveway, lol.

We had a low of -14⁰ here in IP this morning. Currently it's 19⁰ with a light snow falling. The forecast is calling for a couple of inches today/tonight and a few more later in the week.

Get out there and ride while you can. The strong March sun will  be getting stronger every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Snowing hard in Barre Town.  Visibility 1/4 mile. Light wind. 3” of snow in the last 3 hours. Temp 29°

4pm, 6” of snow, wind picking up, 10 minute average 9mph and temp down to 21° Visibility up a little bit

Edited by Sael
  • Like 1

• USA Contributing Member
On 3/12/2022 at 4:53 PM, ckf said:

It's been snowing all day here in IP. It looks like about 8" so far.

Drove up in the storm, was able to ride Saturday and Sunday. Packed up Monday and went home.  Not a great year but did get a couple good rides in.

Next year my investment is helmet communicators / tunes in my ears. A couple people at the house want to do it. 

• Like 1

I've been avoiding the back roads because of the mud. My mother inlaw stopped by the other day. She came the back roads from Newark Pond to IP. The roads were so bad that she went all the way down to Lyndonville and back to Newark Pond on the way home to avoid the mud, lol.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had my first frost this morning in Barre Town 28°. My last tomato plant said goodbye, it was a long growing season. Beautiful day now 57° bright and sunny, a beautiful time of the year.

C1F4B3B9-6716-488A-8F8B-478A439DAE7E.thumb.jpeg.24f291ebbb8bf9b98211d6ddbb8020f3.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

7/10's of and inch of rain so far today (11 pm). 35° and no frost in the ground. Forget about an early start to riding. Sigh………

I ended up with 9/10's of an inch. If only it had been snow…..

Edited by Sael
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A little snow quite a bit of rain leaves the Barre area with a 2-3” base of hard snow and ice. Better than a week ago but the dirt roads are icy ruts making for slow travel. The Butterfield parting lot is all ice, I got in and out with no problem but no trailer either. Currently 21°

1-18, foggy this morning with a light mist, 32°, the 2” icy base I have here in Barre Town is slowly disappearing, the upcoming snow storm can’t come fast enough.

• Like 1

Tonight’s storm should get things rolling again. The last storm of 7” in Barre Town enabled the groomers to start rolling again but there are serious water bars out there. This storm, which has started (2:30pm) is predicted to drop 6-12” and hopefully will fill in the water bars but it just hasn’t been very cold. I took a 20 mile ride Monday and found water in places I’ve never seen it in. We’ll be riding again but with caution. 

40 miles around Washington County this morning 33°. 3” of new heavy snow, met one of the groomers, trail hard as a rock where groomed. Very cold tonight the trails will be concrete tomorrow. :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Barre Town weather 2-4-2023. Does anyone read these or even care?

currently sunny temp -12°, wind Ave. 9 mph, wind chill -29°

Also if anyone knows, why am I getting double spacing now? Maybe it’s the Chinese spy balloon. Look at that I mention Chinese spy balloon and I go back to single spacing. I better contact Alex Jones.

• USA Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Sael said:

No one’s reading anyway so I’ll keep it short, we had weather today.

I'm actually reading, haven't had much to say up to this past weekend as far as the weather goes. 

I was in Irasburg/Coventry area this past weekend and saw -17 deg f when I went out and started my car. Took the sled out on Friday for a short ride and got to the edge of the lake (where the cross is, across from Eastside) and was hesitant to go across as I was alone at the time.  Trails were in good shape even with the lack of snowfall, water bars are now frozen and filled in.  Need a couple days of real snow and the rest of the season will be good.

Non weather drama:

Had some issues with the Nest thermostat at the rental, it's setup as a 2 wire system with no common wire and the thermostat wasn't charging as the furnace was constantly running.  Ended up getting a cheap thermostat for now.  A 3rd wire is available so this weekend I'll go see what the connection at the furnace looks like.  Just need to make the owner aware and explain it so he's comfortable with what I'm doing.

Personal drama:

Gained some weight and my riding clothes are tight.

5 more weekends of riding for my group.

• 1 month later...