Vermont Weather Thread

ckf

9-10” in Barre Town. Still coming down hard. 1100’ 14°

3:30pm 12”, been snowing all afternoon but settling as fast as it falls. VAST map shows groomers out everywhere. 

Edited by Sael
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

The best I can tell there is 8 or 9 inches out there now. Currently 15° with a light snow continuing to fall.

This really hurts, I had a new hip done 3 weeks ago. I can only watch even though I feel great. My new sled sits unused at the dealers where it will remain until spring, I don’t need the temptation.

E579D7C9-BD49-4312-A054-D74FC4F1D789.thumb.jpeg.8a4d69ebb0805ac9803e45dda2f431e1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sael said:

This really hurts, I had a new hip done 3 weeks ago. I can only watch even though I feel great. My new sled sits unused at the dealers where it will remain until spring, I don’t need the temptation.

E579D7C9-BD49-4312-A054-D74FC4F1D789.thumb.jpeg.8a4d69ebb0805ac9803e45dda2f431e1.jpeg

Left my spring check at the dealer in 2016 over my back issues, this season I am on a new 2021 so just do what they say and you will be back at it in time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sael said:

Nice looking sled. Sucks about having to take the season off :(

I just cleaned the car off and it looks like 12-14 inches so far with a light sow continuing to fall here in Island Pond.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just cleaned the car off and it looks like 12-14 inches so far with a light sow continuing to fall here in Island Pond.

It’s been snowing all afternoon here but the snow is settling as fast as it comes down so it’s staying at 12” for a year to date total of 18”.

479B2CFA-1A13-45C8-8B61-47E9FD3B5B3A.thumb.png.03c86b767d5c76f1e9c63c681157c870.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sael said:

I’ve lost about 7” on my snow stake since the last snow. :true:

I never got around to putting mine up with the webcam not uploading. Probably just a power supply that I never got around to checking.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I never got around to putting mine up with the webcam not uploading. Probably just a power supply that I never got around to checking.

It would be tough getting it in the ground now.
My wife went cross country skiing today on her stepbrother's trails and said it was very icy.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

This warm weather is not going to help. Currently 40⁰ and cloudy in IP. It has stayed around 40⁰ since yesterday afternoon. The temperature should start going down later today.

Are you folks still able to ride? How much do you have on the ground? Looking for somewhere to go next week as CNY is done.

28 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Are you folks still able to ride? How much do you have on the ground? Looking for somewhere to go next week as CNY is done.

The trails around town will probably be trashed after today. There's about 14-16 inches still on the ground here and trails just outside of town should be ok.  Pittsburg, NH will probably be a little better.

If you don't mind driving a little further ME might be a better choice :dunno:

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

The trails around town will probably be trashed after today. There's about 14-16 inches still on the ground here and trails just outside of town should be ok.  Pittsburg, NH will probably be a little better.

If you don't mind driving a little further ME might be a better choice :dunno:

That is disappointing to say the least.  :sad:

Yesterday wasn’t so bad in Barre it was 51° but no sun or rain or wind but last night killed it, rain and high warm winds. My yard at 1100’ is part green, part hard as a rock snow and part glare ice where run off froze on the banks. 
Nothing here for the groomers to work with. Light snow now good for hiding the ice, me and my new hip might just work in the house today and kill time until tonight’s truck race.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sael said:

The wind has really picked up here, averaging 12 with gusts to 25. It’s snowing lightly and blowing heavily. The temp is now down to 17°, it’s not a nice day.

No, not a good day at all. I'm not sure about VT, but lots of sleds stuck in slush on trails in Pittsburg, NH.

4 hours ago, Sael said:

53° light wind, the ice and snow in my backyard are gone. Fridays snow will help but probably not for long, the base around here is gone. 

It was 50⁰ in IP earlier. Temps are dropping fast now that the winds have shifted. It's down to 37⁰ here in Colebrook, NH right now.

You are correct, Friday's storm might help, but the sun is getting stronger every day.

I was talking with a buddy in NH this morning. He got out once this winter in the Ossipee, NH area. The 1st sled that he met came hot and heavy around a corner and locked up the brakes. My buddy stopped and watched the guy slid across the trail in front of him and ended up in the bushes on my buddies side of the trail.  He said that it seems like there are a lot more inexperienced Ridders out there now. He prefers his KLR650 in the summer over sledding now.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I was talking with a buddy in NH this morning. He got out once this winter in the Ossipee, NH area. The 1st sled that he met came hot and heavy around a corner and locked up the brakes. My buddy stopped and watched the guy slid across the trail in front of him and ended up in the bushes on my buddies side of the trail.  He said that it seems like there are a lot more inexperienced Ridders out there now. He prefers his KLR650 in the summer over sledding now.

Seems like there were a lot of accidents in NH involving rentals and first time operators, I can’t imagine what these rental companies pay for insurance. 

36° with a pretty steady 10 mph wind in Barre Town right now, all my snow is gone.