Vermont Weather Thread

ckf

16 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

The fat lady sing up in the NEK yet?

Nope, not yet. Getting to it will soon be the issue. Mostly suy and 57° currently here in IP. Feel like summer, lol  :dirol:

• 8 months later...

Very windy here in IP early this morning. I'm guessing that there will be a lot of blow downs out on the trails around the state.  Any snow leftover up here is now frozen solid. Good for building a base :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, we only picked up about an inch of new snow yesterday after the brief warmup. It looks like there is a hard base of 4 to 5 inches under that. I don't think it will take much more for some trails to open. We just need to get in the normal winter pattern where we pick up an inch or two of "flurries" every day or two :bc:

16 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

The group I’m currently with arrive on Jan 15th.

Ground is frozen, bring on the storms and let the groomers lose!

Last night's temps should help freeze up the water bars. The Norton club posted this morning that they have been out packing and filling water bars.

broadcast(2).jpg

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Last night's temps should help freeze up the water bars. The Norton club posted this morning that they have been out packing and filling water bars.

broadcast(2).jpg

Yup little chili last night thought the wife was gonna cut the glass when she opened the blinds this morning 😂. Next Tuesday looks like we’re gonna get some real cold 👍 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup little chili last night thought the wife was gonna cut the glass when she opened the blinds this morning 😂. Next Tuesday looks like we’re gonna get some real cold 👍 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburg and maybe SDR open a few trails this weekend. Same goes for a few clubs here in the NEK.

17 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I had about 7" of fluff in Connecticut, crappy & unrideable snow, what did Island Pond area get?  Was it good enough to groom?

We got a few inches on Friday Today has mostly been sleet and freezing rain. My neighbor mentioned that his seasona5 renters said it was surprisingly OK. A few rough patches here and there between the good roads.

26 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Leaving tomorrow for New Orleans area, hoping to be snowed in on Monday and unable to return to work for a couple days. 

Keep your fingers crossed.

It is currently clear and -12⁰f.

• USA Contributing Member

Joined a local club this year and went to a meeting (North Country Mountaineers) on Sunday, the couple of groomer operators were dying to get out.  Area around Coventry / Irasburg  only saw a couple inches so I'm not sure if they were able to go at it with their new groomer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Joined a local club this year and went to a meeting (North Country Mountaineers) on Sunday, the couple of groomer operators were dying to get out.  Area around Coventry / Irasburg  only saw a couple inches so I'm not sure if they were able to go at it with their new groomer.

That's great that you got a chance to go to a club meeting. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Currently 7⁰f and going down. There's another chance for snow tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...