'Vintage' is over 20 years old right?

Crnr2Crnr

GOD.... I must be ANTIQUE then...........LOL...........

Oh a serious note, 92 EXT 550 was my 1st brand new sled. Then a 94 EXT 580 EFI in the "new" ZR chassis .....Then a ZR 700 and after that started my love with the baby triples ...95 ZRT600 we were able to get thru the race dept as an early release. 96,97, 98, 99 LTD, 2 2000s  (1 reg, 1 LTD) and 2 2001s (1st year APV. motor..1 reg and 1 LTD also) .... I really loved my little 6 trips !! My last 2001LTD was the fastest I've been radared on a sled....123 on a LONG run on ice. Then I got into modding the 440 SnoPros....

But yeah..... I liked the late 90s/ early 2000s sleds for sure !!

Edited by taperk600
  • Like 1

I have my 93 wild cat in pieces in the garage... 
It be cheaper to buy something else rather than fix it. 
Its heavy and not really all that fast. 
horrible on fuel

But I really liked riding that sled as a kid and a cool looking sled for its year so I started ordering parts today.

23244405_10159474480500366_4347907441910443094_n.jpg

Edited by Cwhite138
Here it is two years a go

24 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

I have my 93 wild cat in pieces in the garage... 
It be cheaper to buy something else rather than fix it. 
Its heavy and not really all that fast. 
horrible on fuel

But I really liked riding that sled as a kid and a cool looking sled for its year so I started ordering parts today.

23244405_10159474480500366_4347907441910443094_n.jpg

Looks like the SP behind the Wildcat is in more pieces....... looks like the W-cat towed it in with the chain around the bumper........

1 minute ago, taperk600 said:

Looks like the SP behind the Wildcat is in more pieces....... looks like the W-cat towed it in with the chain around the bumper........

At the time the SP was in more pieces, ill snap a pic when I get home the wildcat is a sad sight right now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cwhite138 said:

At the time the SP was in more pieces, ill snap a pic when I get home the wildcat is a sad sight right now

No need.... just found it interesting with the way the pic showed the chain, etc.....

I rode our 96 Jag deluxe for many of my teenage years.  I still ride it a little for kicks, it makes me laugh out loud when I ride it.  It's so low, you can throw that thing into a corner like no other and it's got the right amount of slide and you can be really aggressive with the throttle, it's fun!  It's just the single carb version.

So what I really want to get is a Jag z or Jag special.. dual carb, tach, sway bar, wider stance.  They actually raced these in xc.  OR a cougar in the same chassis, same wider front, same sway bar, and a liquid cooled 440!  Oh baby.  No tach though.  I might get in trouble with a liquid 440 in one of these.  There's a nice cougar for sale in TRF right now and I want to go get it.  I realize after a year I may be over it, but I really want to scratch the itch and at $700 why not I could sell it for the same$$ and do it again to another sled.  Sounds fun to me.

Here's a video I've watched a dozen times lol.  In the tight woods with a bunch of carbide, it'd be a hoot!   Yes I may have a problem.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I rode our 96 Jag deluxe for many of my teenage years.  I still ride it a little for kicks, it makes me laugh out loud when I ride it.  It's so low, you can throw that thing into a corner like no other and it's got the right amount of slide and you can be really aggressive with the throttle, it's fun!  It's just the single carb version.

So what I really want to get is a Jag z or Jag special.. dual carb, tach, sway bar, wider stance.  They actually raced these in xc.  OR a cougar in the same chassis, same wider front, same sway bar, and a liquid cooled 440!  Oh baby.  No tach though.  I might get in trouble with a liquid 440 in one of these.  There's a nice cougar for sale in TRF right now and I want to go get it.  I realize after a year I may be over it, but I really want to scratch the itch and at $700 why not I could sell it for the same$$ and do it again to another sled.  Sounds fun to me.

Here's a video I've watched a dozen times lol.  In the tight woods with a bunch of carbide, it'd be a hoot!   Yes I may have a problem.

I remember the Jag Specials... http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Future-Collectible-Arctic-Cats-Part-One

those early AWS sleds were special, because why trailing arms?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

That TRF cougar sold.  Fuck my life

if we don't get much for snow this winter, there's going to be a LOT of deals in spring or next year.  pretty bleak looking winter here thus far.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 9:09 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can honestly say my 1997 ZR580efi was probably the reason I went to Cat when I came back to riding in 2015 - loved that sled.

such an awesome and iconic sled, still to this day!