2008-2014 Sno Pro Race Chassis

Crnr2Crnr

On 12/30/2020 at 9:51 PM, mnstang said:

Well the 500 is gone, I guess I don't belong here no more.  That sled was sweet.

congratulations and :( - was it the dude on FB?

On 12/30/2020 at 10:02 PM, mnstang said:

Great sleds, I will miss it

any thoughts on the replacement trail sled?  RXC?

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

congratulations and :( - was it the dude on FB?

any thoughts on the replacement trail sled?  RXC?

Yes it was that guy.  Worked out pretty nice,I hate the selling process and the people but this one worked out good.

I'm not sure on the next sled.  Keeping an eye on marketplace for an older something that may jump out at me.  And I'll probably be looking at the 2022's.  If there's a new r xc that looks as good as the 21 I may bite.  New chassis?  We'll see.  No set plans.

Rode today, mostly back country but some trail.  Need another snowfall to be good.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 10:22 PM, mnstang said:

Yes it was that guy.  Worked out pretty nice,I hate the selling process and the people but this one worked out good.

I'm not sure on the next sled.  Keeping an eye on marketplace for an older something that may jump out at me.  And I'll probably be looking at the 2022's.  If there's a new r xc that looks as good as the 21 I may bite.  New chassis?  We'll see.  No set plans.

Rode today, mostly back country but some trail.  Need another snowfall to be good.

Hey Stang... I am with ya on the people hating issue,  got to take a chance or sit in a dark black cave, been there.

If you get an itch for a 500... there is one in Ontario you can get a leg over and take for a rip anytime.

1571F2DE-643D-438E-B157-AB7F5B70B66B.thumb.jpeg.54ee837f08d31e736b7a277f481631b4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mnstang said:

Who needs a new mid height windshield for one of these?  I have one f/s

the good one or the cracked one?

If it's the good one, and since I found it for you, do I get to call first dibs?  :lol:

can't believe the guy that bought your sled didn't buy it?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Fucking beautiful!

all back together yet lol? 

no hopefully I'll get them back next week and begin the assembly process, start up and break in - hope our snow sticks around...

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the good one or the cracked one?

If it's the good one, and since I found it for you, do I get to call first dibs?  :lol:

can't believe the guy that bought your sled didn't buy it?

The new one.  I didn't tell the guy I had it.  He would've wanted it thrown in for free or for a discount.  He wanted the c&a skis too but I held firm on that.  It was only cracked on one side at the base right where there is a tab for a screw.  Didn't seen to affect anything because it's still held in with the o-rings all over.  The screw tabs seems redundant and so you never really notice that crack unless you're looking for it, and I didn't point it out.  It's a race sled.  They got one of the nicer ones around.

$180 was a decent price I got and sold in under 24 hours.

But now I see Thomas listed a JagZ windshield for $150 and it's probably the last one.. oem or aftermarket.. in existence.  I want it but don't need it.  .. unless I get an additional Jag in the future, which is possible.  I'd like to do a motor swap in one from either a 570 fan or a 99+ 440 snopro fan.  There's a decent looking 94z roller right now for 400 and a running 93Z for I think 600 that good be fixed up.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

The new one.  I didn't tell the guy I had it.  He would've wanted it thrown in for free or for a discount.  He wanted the c&a skis too but I held firm on that.  It was only cracked on one side at the base right where there is a tab for a screw.  Didn't seen to affect anything because it's still held in with the o-rings all over.  The screw tabs seems redundant and so you never really notice that crack unless you're looking for it, and I didn't point it out.  It's a race sled.  They got one of the nicer ones around.

$180 was a decent price I got and sold in under 24 hours.

But now I see Thomas listed a JagZ windshield for $150 and it's probably the last one.. oem or aftermarket.. in existence.  I want it but don't need it.  .. unless I get an additional Jag in the future, which is possible.  I'd like to do a motor swap in one from either a 570 fan or a 99+ 440 snopro fan.  There's a decent looking 94z roller right now for 400 and a running 93Z for I think 600 that good be fixed up.

the new guy is lucky he got a sled with one on in the first place as most I see have the bkini speedometer cover, and not even the cross country windshield.  saw your post on the FB group this morning with the new on still in the plastic.  when I found the last two that day I sent you a message and I got the other one.  my spare is squirrel away in the attic, still in the plastic in a box.  In todays crazy market for sled parts, I would have asked $400 for it because the minute after I'd sell the spare, I'd probably break the one on my sled.  in hindsight when I bought my sled Country Cat had them on clearance for $75 each, and I should have bought every last one of them.

doubt I'd do the vintage thing due to space/storage, as my 2010's will be vintage soon enough - but the one sled I'd like to have of my younger days would be the 1999 ZR 440 Fan Race Sled  99z440sp_0c1.jpg 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the new guy is lucky he got a sled with one on in the first place as most I see have the bkini speedometer cover, and not even the cross country windshield.  saw your post on the FB group this morning with the new on still in the plastic.  when I found the last two that day I sent you a message and I got the other one.  my spare is squirrel away in the attic, still in the plastic in a box.  In todays crazy market for sled parts, I would have asked $400 for it because the minute after I'd sell the spare, I'd probably break the one on my sled.  in hindsight when I bought my sled Country Cat had them on clearance for $75 each, and I should have bought every last one of them.

doubt I'd do the vintage thing due to space/storage, as my 2010's will be vintage soon enough - but the one sled I'd like to have of my younger days would be the 1999 ZR 440 Fan Race Sled  99z440sp_0c1.jpg 

If you get your buddies to get older sleds so you're all on them, then it's a blast.  Not B last, just a blast.  That would be a z440 snopro, not a zr..

• Haha 1

Hello I’m new to this site. I bought a 2008 sno pro 600 and am having an intermittent problem where it dies. Checked kill switch and tether both at ok.about to pull the gas tank and replace fuel filters. Any other suggestions would be rad. Thanks 

5 hours ago, ArcticDuvall said:

Hello I’m new to this site. I bought a 2008 sno pro 600 and am having an intermittent problem where it dies. Checked kill switch and tether both at ok.about to pull the gas tank and replace fuel filters. Any other suggestions would be rad. Thanks 

What is it doing before it dies?  Does is sputter and slowly kill or, is it instant?  Riding or sitting?  Is there a certain RPM range when it goes flat?

A wild guess with limited info would be a bad ground somewhere or a stator issue.

It seems to sputter to a stop. Then it won’t start if I let it sit for 5 min it seems to fire back up. I’m checking the grounds I can find now. Completely went thru both flat slides and put in new jets and surgically cleaned them. Same problem arising. New fuel filter. Tried to pull tank but it seems like a crazy process so I bailed. Draining tank and inspecting pickup line seemed a lot more efficient. 

3 hours ago, ArcticDuvall said:

It seems to sputter to a stop. Then it won’t start if I let it sit for 5 min it seems to fire back up. I’m checking the grounds I can find now. Completely went thru both flat slides and put in new jets and surgically cleaned them. Same problem arising. New fuel filter. Tried to pull tank but it seems like a crazy process so I bailed. Draining tank and inspecting pickup line seemed a lot more efficient. 

we'll need more info bud...

what do the plugs look like?

how's the spark, right after it dies?

what RPM does it die at?

what setting is the timing at?

compression checked?

jetting correct for altitude and temp?

primary and secondary checked?

and more.... tell us what you've done.  did you test drive it?

2008's are their own animal and fwiw - not my forte' 

Yeah when it does it and is not restarting, you can find out alot by pulling spark plugs and seeing if they're dry or wet, and then seeing if you have spark too at that time.  Then go from there depending what you find.

Sounds like maybe you have a fuel supply problem and your carb bowls might be going empty.  But hard to say from here, doing some real world troubleshooting will get you going, these things aren't too complicated you just have to know what it needs and find out what it's not getting and then figure out why.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Yeah when it does it and is not restarting, you can find out alot by pulling spark plugs and seeing if they're dry or wet, and then seeing if you have spark too at that time.  Then go from there depending what you find.

Sounds like maybe you have a fuel supply problem and your carb bowls might be going empty.  But hard to say from here, doing some real world troubleshooting will get you going, these things aren't too complicated you just have to know what it needs and find out what it's not getting and then figure out why.

every time you post I just lmfao about your avatar picture - for reasons not obvious to people that don't know

but yeah, as soon as it dies - pull the plugs to inspect and check for spark - a bad coil when hot (not that this could be his problem) is easy to diagnose at the time.  what's sort of hilarious is that the coil is just zip tied to a bracket on the chassis - from the factory.  see 37 & 35 :lol:  
https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/arc/507fc19df870022698362103/chassis-rear-bumper-and-snowflap-assembly

• Haha 1

Someone come here and kick me right square in the ass!  I've read about it, was warned numerous times about it, saw a bit of grease actually 'squeezed out' of the bearing, and damnit, rode it anyway.  Ruined both clutches instantaneously.  

Check your jackshaft bearings fellas.

31 minutes ago, hayward said:

Someone come here and kick me right square in the ass!  I've read about it, was warned numerous times about it, saw a bit of grease actually 'squeezed out' of the bearing, and damnit, rode it anyway.  Ruined both clutches instantaneously.  

ouch!  that sucks... 

if you can be patient, this place has the best prices I've found online...
https://www.dealercostparts.com/oemparts/partsearch/arctic_cat?partsearch=0726-297
https://www.dealercostparts.com/oemparts/partsearch/arctic_cat?partsearch=0746-435

15 minutes ago, hayward said:

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, best place to find clutches?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

31 minutes ago, hayward said:

After our 2008 goat rodeo, replacing pretty much every bearing on the sled was part of the pre-season teardown and build up before a sled even it the track or ditch.  

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Thanks.  What does it mean by some saying "uncalibrated"?  I saw another website was the same way, offered it both ways.

Edit: How are these parts so cheap through this place?  Who I used to deal with 20 years ago, they want over $1000 for both clutches.

Edited by hayward

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

After our 2008 goat rodeo, replacing pretty much every bearing on the sled was part of the pre-season teardown and build up before a sled even it the track or ditch.  

Yeah well, my whole problem is i've got too much shit to maintain.  I actually had good intentions and ordered 2 new bearings back in the end of Dec., and they just came in last tuesday.  Should have taken the time and tore into it for peace of mind, instead now I have junk.

4 minutes ago, hayward said:

Thanks.  What does it mean by some saying "uncalibrated"?  I saw another website was the same way, offered it both ways.

no spring or weights

you may want to verify that part # for your application