2008-2014 Sno Pro Race Chassis

Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Looks like a ripsaw 2.  Should work for groomed trail.

If we had some off trail options or forest service roads locally I would have kept stock gearing and went with the 1.5 Intense and 136" kit... but we don't so instead I'm shooting for more top end.   I'm sort of excited to try it, and sort of hoping I don't regret my decision but that speed track is no Bueno.  Good thing is I'll be able to compare it to the studded Cobra on a regular basis in a variety of conditions.  

FWIW - CB Performance has great prices on tracks.  https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/categories/camso-tracks.html

They are now offering the Ice Ripper XT in a 1.5 for 2.86P exclusively through Doo for like $900 :lol:

I have the ripsaw2 on my zr9.  Before that I had a cobra.  Before that I had the snopro track.  It works fine on groomed trail especially if it's set up.  If it's mash potato the cobra is a little better.  Snopro isn't great for off trail the front end is too wide and the sled is too stable.

17 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I have the ripsaw2 on my zr9.  Before that I had a cobra.  Before that I had the snopro track.  It works fine on groomed trail especially if it's set up.  If it's mash potato the cobra is a little better.  Snopro isn't great for off trail the front end is too wide and the sled is too stable.

I'm keeping my expectations low, and hopes high at this point.

had your HC out yet?  

6 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

4k out of a top end on that 500/720 isn't all bad...

2300 on my 800 zuke and she gone....

I knew I'd have to do a top end at some point, busted skirt and an entire bottom end sure wasn't in the plans though.

Didn't you have a Speedwerx 730?  

41 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

2300 on my 800 zuke and she gone....

since you already have a fortune sticker on that sled, and if you need a top end... how about this!???!  :)
https://www.2strokeheads.com/index.php/big-bore-kit-4

buh-bye 850's... hello turbo sleds

On 12/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

found a magician in PA more than capable of repairing cylinder and matching new discontinued pistons with cylinders and nikasil plating the cylinders

Would this magician happen to be top-secret info by chance or could a body help a brother out?  Don't need it yet, but i'm sure the time will come sooner rather than later.

35 minutes ago, hayward said:

Would this magician happen to be top-secret info by chance or could a body help a brother out?  Don't need it yet, but i'm sure the time will come sooner rather than later.

what do you have? 

no problem - pm me when you need it.

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I knew I'd have to do a top end at some point, busted skirt and an entire bottom end sure wasn't in the plans though.

Didn't you have a Speedwerx 730?  

Yessir I did

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

since you already have a fortune sticker on that sled, and if you need a top end... how about this!???!  :)
https://www.2strokeheads.com/index.php/big-bore-kit-4

buh-bye 850's... hello turbo sleds

I looked at a 925 with speedwerx, problem is just like everything else the zuke is aging and so is the demand for parts, I would need to buy multiple pistons/gaskets for when they are discontinued if I plan on keeping the sled longer than a year or more. So stock bore it is. 

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

Now crnr2crnr is going to start saying the zukes have issues

I'm pretty sure mine was as uncommon as it gets - when everyone that looked at the piston/cylinder that went down and they find out I had 4+ miles on before it seized they're stumped as it looks like a cold seize (it was in the lower 30's that day and the sled idled for close to 5 min then I took off and didn't beat on it until I knew the belt was warmed up)

12 hours ago, mnstang said:

Now crnr2crnr is going to start saying the zukes have issues

no, because Rick doesn't offer one single 'fix kit' for a Zuke

50 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Yessir I did

I looked at a 925 with speedwerx, problem is just like everything else the zuke is aging and so is the demand for parts, I would need to buy multiple pistons/gaskets for when they are discontinued if I plan on keeping the sled longer than a year or more. So stock bore it is. 

I'm pretty sure mine was as uncommon as it gets - when everyone that looked at the piston/cylinder that went down and they find out I had 4+ miles on before it seized they're stumped as it looks like a cold seize (it was in the lower 30's that day and the sled idled for close to 5 min then I took off and didn't beat on it until I knew the belt was warmed up)

I hear you on that.  The guy doing to machining for me is looking into getting pistons for those of us that have them as D&D no longer services them.  But, with the older sleds dropping in value and the fact the 800 was used so long in so many models you could pick up a stock 800 cheap and just leave it on the shelf.  Being realistic, what are these sleds really worth in a normal market?  I'm almost doubling the value of what I paid for this one right now, but it is what it is.  

I bet it was the shiny new belt drive... :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

31 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, because Rick doesn't offer one single 'fix kit' for a Zuke

I hear you on that.  The guy doing to machining for me is looking into getting pistons for those of us that have them as D&D no longer services them.  But, with the older sleds dropping in value and the fact the 800 was used so long in so many models you could pick up a stock 800 cheap and just leave it on the shelf.  Being realistic, what are these sleds really worth in a normal market?  I'm almost doubling the value of what I paid for this one right now, but it is what it is.  

I bet it was the shiny new belt drive... :lol:

Lol.. It did turn the sled into a straightline monster but no. literally turned the corner pinned it - it accelerated and boom not even at top speed, I broke the engine free luckilly and went to ride back - still ran great so I thought fawk it and rode it the rest of the day and it didnt miss a beat.

12 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

So what is going on there exactly. 

welding in a new skirt? 

repairs to the bottom of the cylinder that most of us can't do at home or work.  cylinder skirt was broken off and sent into the crankcase, new cylinders are not available and these have been ported.  the cure, finding someone capable/competent of repairing the existing cylinder and making it useable again.  found that person.  guy bleeds green and does high quality work.

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

repairs to the bottom of the cylinder that most of us can't do at home or work.  cylinder skirt was broken off and sent into the crankcase, new cylinders are not available and these have been ported.  the cure, finding someone capable/competent of repairing the existing cylinder and making it useable again.  found that person.  guy bleeds green and does high quality work.

Looks bad ass.  I was really just wondering if he is going to put in a new skirt and then have it re plated. which after starting at the pictures more is quite obvious, just had to zoom in. 

This might sound stupid but I love fixing things most would just throw out. 

I am also lucky to have mold making shop at work.

Edited by Cwhite138