Former GOP New Jersey Governor compares Trump supporters to the Jonestown doomsday cult, says they've 'drunk the Kool-Aid'

And who says republican women don't have a sense of satirical humor? "It just hasn't killed them yet" :lol: 

Former GOP New Jersey Governor compares Trump supporters to the Jonestown doomsday cult, says they've 'drunk the Kool-Aid'

Former New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman has criticized Republicans who have backed President Trump's bid to overturn the election. 

"I keep comparing it somewhat to Jonestown," Whitman told The New York Times. "They've all drunk the Kool Aid. It just hasn't killed them yet."

The comments are some of the most scathing yet by a senior Republican about Trump's bid to overturn the election, and the refusal of the GOP to stand up to him. 

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Former New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman has compared Republicans who support President Donald Trump's bid to overturn the election to members of the Jonestown doomsday cult. 

In comments to The New York Times in an article on Saturday, Whitman, a Republican and former member of President George W Bush's cabinet, was scathing about GOP support for Trump's attack on American democracy. 

"I keep comparing it somewhat to Jonestown," Whitman told the publication. "They've all drunk the Kool-Aid. It just hasn't killed them yet."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-gop-new-jersey-governor-compares-trump-supporters-to-the-jonestown-doomsday-cult-says-they-ve-drunk-the-kool-aid/ar-BB1bTpYY?ocid=Peregrine

• Haha 3

It is one off the strangest phenomenas I’ve seen in awhile. One year from now there will probably be a few stragglers at his rallies. Kind of the like the guys from the “70’s who are still getting their hair permed. :lol: 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It is one off the strangest phenomenas I’ve seen in awhile. One year from now there will probably be a few stragglers at his rallies. Kind of the like the guys from the “70’s who are still getting their hair permed. :lol: 

Unlike the liberals that threw a 4 year long temper tantrum.

Edited by Sleepr2
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Think about it. Im sure you can figure it out. Your a smart dude.

U would be getting ur hair permed if u had any

15 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Last week in Georgia Trump claimed that they were all victims, how did the republicans go from the party of bootstraps to the party of victims?

Victim rallies!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Last week in Georgia Trump claimed that they were all victims, how did the republicans go from the party of bootstraps to the party of victims?

Victim rallies!

Ask the 🤡 Posse......:snack:

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Pity bump.

Hey the pity sounds like it's coming from Trump, you're all victims as is he, his words mind you not mine.

The GOP I belonged to was all about bootstraps!!! And Libruls being victims, but that has changed, thanks to Trump! 

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-scarborough-reacts-trumps-georgia-221915294.html

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey the pity sounds like it's coming from Trump, you're all victims as is he, his words mind you not mine.

The GOP I belonged to was all about bootstraps!!! And Libruls being victims, but that has changed, thanks to Trump! 

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-scarborough-reacts-trumps-georgia-221915294.html

bootstraps are something trump knows nothing about.   yet he's the hero for these guys SMH.  Funny thing is trump was my "hero" at 18 years old.  Actually had a HS classmate bring that up when Trumps was dipping his toes in the water to make his run for president.   I guess it's too bad between 18 and 45 I woke up and realized what a fraud he was.  Would have been easier to drink the kool aid and get on the trump train.    

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

bootstraps are something trump knows nothing about.   yet he's the hero for these guys SMH.  Funny thing is trump was my "hero" at 18 years old.  Actually had a HS classmate bring that up when Trumps was dipping his toes in the water to make his run for president.   I guess it's too bad between 18 and 45 I woke up and realized what a fraud he was.  Would have been easier to drink the kool aid and get on the trump train.    

He still earned your vote.  SMH

Just now, Mainecat said:

Admitting it took him 27 fickin years to realize Trump was a fraud AND HE STILL VOTED FOR HIM!

he was a better choice than Biden,  SBYL.  Kamala made Biden completely unpalatable.   there were qualified VP candidates Biden could have chosen that would have swayed my vote to him.  the need to pick a minority women just because she was a minority women and then picking the worst of the worst is wrong.  Harris is as bad of a human being as trump is and she is really the pres,  Joes out shortly.  

56 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he was a better choice than Biden,  SBYL.  Kamala made Biden completely unpalatable.   there were qualified VP candidates Biden could have chosen that would have swayed my vote to him.  the need to pick a minority women just because she was a minority women and then picking the worst of the worst is wrong.  Harris is as bad of a human being as trump is and she is really the pres,  Joes out shortly.  

:handjob:

It’s obvious you have an inferiority complex snd feel threatened by strong powerful women.  Your mental issues and dough boy looks must be a contributing factor.  You’re the kind of guy that can’t get out of his own way.  You’re kind of a train wreck.  

Btw: Harris hates Joe Biden for many of the reasons we do.

BTW: Harris was on the dem’s ticket. You guys only gave het 1% of the vote.

Joe’s the real racist that ran, and won. Ie: you Bidenites voted for him.

lololol

And the lefy proclaims as the unracist and high moral group. Lololol

Edited by CFM