2021 Shootout

Just now, GGNHL said:

Well obviously he doesn't know anything about working on sleds from what I gathered with BAC.7Ben's story, but that is 85 percent of the people I run into. :lol:

I groom 100 hours a year and still manage to do 2500-3500 miles of riding. I ride a lot with people who race in Cross Country circuits, I'm not the fastest guy out there but I can hold my own with those guys. :bc:

:bc:

18 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I guess we are going to have to play that age old game of new forum and who the fuck is this. Well, not really because I’d tell you what the 2-up is for but it would probably make you piss your depends, so I’ll skip it. 

Wolfie here!  Good to see ya Saya  :bc: 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

First off...go suck that pathetic losers little worm out of my site.

Secondly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  For you, and many others like you, long saddle bag trips are impressive.  For me, and people like me, they are not. Sitting on a seat, loaded up with warm weather gear that needs batteries and plugs into the machine isn't hard at all.  It's just a long destination drive. I can barely even categorize that shit as "motorsports"  I can buy that type of machine and do that type of riding anytime I want (which, I never will "want").  My riding and sled is performance specific.  To ride with me and the people I usually ride with, you need to have some decent riding skills .......and none of those are attained by sitting and holding bars while wearing a heated helmet, gloves, boots and multiple layers of clothes.  So...good luck with all that!  Ewww.

Settle down there Karl Kuster!  :lol:  :bc:  Lummox is a hard core sledder, I've met him, and he's gone to the promised land with a couple buddies of mine who is as hardcore as it gets, one even won Cain's Quest and raced Iron Dog a couple times.  If I was loaded or more irrational, I'd still have a ditch bang specific 600 in the fleet but up here in the big country, you really need an 800 minimum.  I've done some sno-x in the past....let me think....long time ago now.  Lots of fun, but mostly standing around in the cold from the early morning to dark, for 2 days, waiting for your heat.  That got old really quick for me.  :lol: These days we like to get off the beaten path, get stuck at least a half dozen times, and avoid the traffic, or pack the bags and go on a 3-4-5 day 1000 mile adventure.  Oh fuck yah.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This fucker is pretty damn nice...1.6” track, 850...love the colors as well. 

D95BD19B-4C21-489E-B2FA-ADE9B90592F4.thumb.png.02e1cf2f5c5ba244a6f2cec6f3d4d314.png

thats hawt.  I saw that same color scheme up close, really looks good.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Settle down there Karl Kuster!  :lol:  :bc:  Lummox is a hard core sledder, I've met him, and he's gone to the promised land with a couple buddies of mine who is as hardcore as it gets, one even won Cain's Quest and raced Iron Dog a couple times.  If I was loaded or more irrational, I'd still have a ditch bang specific 600 in the fleet but up here in the big country, you really need an 800 minimum.  I've done some sno-x in the past....let me think....long time ago now.  Lots of fun, but mostly standing around in the cold from the early morning to dark, for 2 days, waiting for your heat.  That got old really quick for me.  :lol: These days we like to get off the beaten path, get stuck at least a half dozen times, and avoid the traffic, or pack the bags and go on a 3-4-5 day 1000 mile adventure.  Oh fuck yah.

DONT FUCKING TELL ME TO SETTLE DOWN!!!!!273747747483829!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Nawww...I like GGNHL but, if anybody even hints at somehow piling into Toolkits stupid little inflatable canoe, they are gonna get torpedoed also.  This is how people learn not to take up company with imbeciles.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GGNHL said:

qv5hg.jpg

You're the dubbah that's trying to tell the dude to stay out of snowmobile threads when he rides way more than you, I'm just calling out your dubbah-ness, not giving a reach around.  :lol:

I'm sure you're a regular ol Tucker Hibbett and no one here could hold a candle to your greatness Zam-flatbrimmedhat-broski. Are you even going to have a sled this year? :lol:

any support of the dems here is a reach around according to the trumpers regardless of truth

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

What’s up Mark? Hope all is well out your way. Happy to hear you’re still having fun out in the backcountry. I finally went full lazy ass old man and just bought a full blown 155. It makes the creek beds and ravines a WHOLE bunch easier to “navigate”. Only problem now is, when your stuck with this bitch, you’re REALLY stuck. :bc:

E8FE5585-84E6-40FE-B67F-FC7979D5156F.jpeg

• Like 2

Dealer Prep Arctic Cat 800

That fucking 650 got absolutely destroyed and raped  - 12MPH - Damn 

THEN to add insult to injury 

850 - 2MPH slower 

And the DOO 850 - Polaris isn’t even in the same zip code 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bee1971 said:

850 - 2MPH slower 

You sound butthurt!

1 hour ago, Bee1971 said:

850 - 2MPH slower 

You are a dumbass fucking faggot ass retard 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, GGNHL said:

qv5hg.jpg

You're the dubbah that's trying to tell the dude to stay out of snowmobile threads when he rides way more than you, I'm just calling out your dubbah-ness, not giving a reach around.  :lol:

I'm sure you're a regular ol Tucker Hibbett and no one here could hold a candle to your greatness Zam-flatbrimmedhat-broski. Are you even going to have a sled this year? :lol:

I had some great and memorable trips that my dad was also able to ride and enjoy.  I’ve been mountain riding exclusively the last 3 years.  Probably get back into Canadian riding in the next 4-5 years as Northern Quebec is on my bucket list. 

Hope all is well :thumbsup:  

15 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I had some great and memorable trips that my dad was also able to ride and enjoy.  I’ve been mountain riding exclusively the last 3 years.  Probably get back into Canadian riding in the next 4-5 years as Northern Quebec is on my bucket list. 

Done all of the Quebec trails. Now I want to do some of the off trail. Some  awesome terrain up there.

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

It may be a sweet motor but it’s absolute idiocy paying more for less. It’s an insane increase in price over a 600

it's just a tad more $ 

Indy XCR 600 128" base msrp is 12,599
Indy XC Launch 650 129" msrp is $12,899 and the VR1 650 129" is $14,999

9 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It also comes in the new Matryx Chassis..can’t get a 600 in the new chassis and yes I’m paying more but how is it less than a 600...that makes no sense.

650>600 🤣

Matryx is updated plastics, seat and GAYge.  isn't it?

What I find funny is how the Poo crew is bragging up the 650 in the 600 class, when if it were Doo or Cat they'd cry foul - it's a 650 not a 600 - no fair!!!

The other thing no one ( @Deephaven ) is conveniently mentioning is the 650 is geared low, to make it quick...

XC 650 with 1.25/1.35 track gets 20/36 gearing /// XC 650 with 1.50 track gets 22/41 gearing

XC 850 with 1.25/1/35 track gets 23/37 gearing /// XC 850 with 1.50 track gets 22/41 gearing

So, yes - the 650 should be quick to 1000ft where it starts running out of steam due to cc's and gearing. 

Indy XCR 600 runs 22/41 gearing if anyone cares.

There's a lot you can learn perusing a parts fiche. https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/parts/#/s/POL/S21EKL6PS%2f6PE//1/

16 minutes ago, s pump said:

Done all of the Quebec trails. Now I want to do some of the off trail. Some  awesome terrain up there.

I hear it is the cat’s meow.  Would ride the NW part of the province to start - cross east of Cochrane or Timmons ON.  I’ve looked at the interactive map for a general idea but that’s about it.  Awesome you’ve ridden it.     

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's just a tad more $ 

Indy XCR 600 128" base msrp is 12,599
Indy XC Launch 650 129" msrp is $12,899 and the VR1 650 129" is $14,999

Matryx is updated plastics, seat and GAYge.  isn't it?

What I find funny is how the Poo crew is bragging up the 650 in the 600 class, when if it were Doo or Cat they'd cry foul - it's a 650 not a 600 - no fair!!!

The other thing no one ( @Deephaven ) is conveniently mentioning is the 650 is geared low, to make it quick...

XC 650 with 1.25/1.35 track gets 20/36 gearing /// XC 650 with 1.50 track gets 22/41 gearing

XC 850 with 1.25/1/35 track gets 23/37 gearing /// XC 850 with 1.50 track gets 22/41 gearing

So, yes - the 650 should be quick to 1000ft where it starts running out of steam due to cc's and gearing. 

Indy XCR 600 runs 22/41 gearing if anyone cares.

There's a lot you can learn perusing a parts fiche. https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/parts/#/s/POL/S21EKL6PS%2f6PE//1/

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2021-polaris-matryx/

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Anyone even referring to the 6xx as a class is absurd, but so is the wee motor Poo beating the Cat's 800.  Nice of Polaris to set it up how most people will ride it.  

33 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Anyone even referring to the 6xx as a class is absurd, but so is the wee motor Poo beating the Cat's 800.  Nice of Polaris to set it up how most people will ride it.  

but the 800 killed it in dealer prep... :fry:

oh wait... never mind.  :) 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
w

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

The shootout means jack shit someone tell these homos it's all about dyno sheets.:fuckyou: I bought the 17 hp can for the sled my pee pee will be swinging big this year. :junk:

great, who the FAWCK told Badger we moved here?

it's all about sales #'s ya big homo!  sure, dude quits being the trail boss and THEN buys a trail closing can.  whadda doosh!

:)

finger.gif

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Ill make it out west at some point, anyone I know that has done mountain riding loved it.

We've done pretty much all of Quebec from Val d'or and Chibougamau to the Gaspe, last big trip in Quebec will be east of Sept Ilse out the white road to Labrador. We were planning to truck our sleds in a U-haul to Minnesota this year and ride back via the UP, Ontario, and Quebec to the house in Maine but COVID put a hold on that til next season...

58 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

great, who the FAWCK told Badger we moved here?

it's all about sales #'s ya big homo!  sure, dude quits being the trail boss and THEN buys a trail closing can.  whadda doosh!

:)

I've been here long before you even knew of this place. Back when Rob RIP was still alive. :finger:  @Axys1 :) 

Edited by Badger**