Post a picture!

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Nope hottest temp was 135 in stretch of grass.

otherwise 97-120.

pretty wet and light rain around lunch time.

IMG_8227.jpeg

IMG_8241.jpeg

IMG_8244.jpeg

Nice!  Was 91 degree here in Kansas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polaris7541 said:

understand the need , I would never ride my sled in conditions like that ,, sorry I respect machines

Just have to be careful when riding.

mostly grass where there’s no snow.

only thing really hurts are carbides and those get replaced in the fall.

will not ride if engine temps are high.hell I’ve run higher temps in middle of winter in good snow!

Clean her up good and she’s like new!!

15 hours ago, polaris7541 said:

understand the need , I would never ride my sled in conditions like that ,, sorry I respect machines

You should see how they ride their sleds when the conditions are good!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/7/2023 at 7:38 PM, X2700 said:

Just have to be careful when riding.

mostly grass where there’s no snow.

only thing really hurts are carbides and those get replaced in the fall.

will not ride if engine temps are high.hell I’ve run higher temps in middle of winter in good snow!

Clean her up good and she’s like new!!

would think it would be a little more than carbides,, hy fax will get damaged  sand and grit into places it shouldn't be, hard launches [low snow cond ] belt over heat , hot spots on clutch faces,, ect ect 

21 hours ago, polaris7541 said:

would think it would be a little more than carbides,, hy fax will get damaged  sand and grit into places it shouldn't be, hard launches [low snow cond ] belt over heat , hot spots on clutch faces,, ect ect 

It's called "No Fucks Given" lol!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 7:37 PM, X2700 said:

May ride in the books!!

75 miles today!!

Bring on summer!!

IMG_8240.jpeg

IMG_8236.jpeg

IMG_8233.jpeg

IMG_8231.jpeg

that looks subpar to even subpar conditions

but hey, you got out riding in May!

batting-eyelashes-alexander-skarsgard-ji

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Anyone ever seen BOTH ears of a snap ring broken off??  Not sure if this will even come out, it’s almost a perfect half/crescent moon now…

55497C02-6979-4C05-AD72-5B0076A8D233.jpeg

That's a new one :dunno:

• Gold Member
On 5/29/2023 at 11:40 AM, Mag6240 said:

Anyone ever seen BOTH ears of a snap ring broken off??  Not sure if this will even come out, it’s almost a perfect half/crescent moon now…

Sure it’s broken I’ve seen a few clips with no holes usually it’s got a pointy end so you can kinda grab it with a small pick and jam a flathead screw driver in and work it out and around until it pops out pain in the ass the handful I’ve done. I’m sure guys in auto mechanics see them all the time.

Edited by 800renegaderider

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Sure it’s broken I’ve seen a few clips with no holes usually it’s got a pointy end so you can kinda grab it with a small pick and jam a flathead screw driver in and work it out and around until it pops out pain in the ass the handful I’ve done. I’m sure guys in auto mechanics see them all the time.

Yeah - it’s a half moon - a buddy of mine said he can get it out - I failed.  It just spins and there’s no where for it to go but around… 

~$1200 in new parts including a new track and rebuilt shocks, she’s ready for snow!  Only thing left is to have Indy Specialties rebuild the clutches.

95468C53-4D2F-4F3F-80AD-31C93ED2E7BA.jpeg

EC1E02BD-35D6-4FC0-86C7-7DFFD6B85BF7.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:55 PM, Mag6240 said:

Yeah - it’s a half moon - a buddy of mine said he can get it out - I failed.  It just spins and there’s no where for it to go but around… 

Need to slide a pic in th opposite side to keep it from rotating so you can get leverage.  Another job that is easier with 3 hands.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 11:40 AM, Mag6240 said:

you just drill 2 new holes and use some 90 degree picks, drill about 1/4 back on each  break . take a punch beat the chit out of the ring to loosen it up , put your pics in , should come write out

• Like 1

Back in 1993 a couple of us organized a bus trip to Yellowstone.  One pic is me starting to go up hill on an adrenaline rush before the incline got steeper.  The other pic is me scared shitless after realizing how steep it actually was. 

Yellowstone up.jpg

Yellowstone downhill.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Doug said:

20160129_095310.jpg

I know it can be boring as hell, but there’s something about just zooming across an open field like that leaving a tingling feeling all over….

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I know it can be boring as hell, but there’s something about just zooming across an open field like that leaving a tingling feeling all over….

That was actually in our old LMC 1800 groomer.  Was still a good feeling at 8-10 MPH knowing the next morning your going to be riding it after it was setup. :thumbsup:

• Like 2