Post a picture!

6 hours ago, Doug said:

20230309_125708.jpg

I've got to say this 4 stroke was better than I thought.  Don't have the typical heavey front end feel and handles as good as any 2 stroke.  The electric throttle took a little to get use to but has a shorter throw and light feel.  Took 3/4 of a gallon less on fuel the an 850 over 80 miles.  It your looking for a 0 to 70 MPH sled would consider one.  Wife put on 112 miles and likes it.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Doug said:

I've got to say this 4 stroke was better than I thought.  Don't have the typical heavey front end feel and handles as good as any 2 stroke.  The electric throttle took a little to get use to but has a shorter throw and light feel.  Took 3/4 of a gallon less on fuel the an 850 over 80 miles.  It your looking for a 0 to 70 MPH sled would consider one.  Wife put on 112 miles and likes it.

interesting... not something I want for myself but down the road I can possibly see a simple 4S in the stable.

9 hours ago, Doug said:

4 stroke sporting a tall windshield and mirrors today.  Set on "Sport" mode

20230310_082653.jpg

sport?  what's the various hp ratings on them?

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Quick rip for lunch g37N1UA.jpg

were you riding the children's sled again?  

I know someone selling a 720 kit... :roflcrying:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

interesting... not something I want for myself but down the road I can possibly see a simple 4S in the stable.

sport?  what's the various hp ratings on them?

I have no idea of the HP between Eco, Normal and Sport.  I originally started riding the 4 stroke so I switched it to Sport right away and haven't changed it.  Just got back and did 183 miles for the day which is not normal with my wife.  As I posted the other 4 strokes I've ridden are heavey on the skies and push through the corners. This one had none of that and is well balanced.  If it didn't sound like a sewing machine and ran at a lower RPM range you wouldn't tell the difference between a 2 stroke sled.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Doug said:

I have no idea of the HP between Eco, Normal and Sport.  I originally started riding the 4 stroke so I switched it to Sport right away and haven't changed it.  Just got back and did 183 miles for the day which is not normal with my wife.  As I posted the other 4 strokes I've ridden are heavey on the skies and push through the corners. This one had none of that and is well balanced.  If it didn't sound like a sewing machine and ran at a lower RPM range you wouldn't tell the difference between a 2 stroke sled.

how was the fuel economy compared to the rest of the group?  

Just brought it home ... the colors in the pics just don't show up as good as they really are in person.  Best color combo I've seen from Polaris in a while!! :ylsuper:  The only remaining thing I have to do is decide if I'm going to ride it with the shocks as they came, or if I'll send them out this summer to have them re-done to get closer to what I had with my XCR.  I've got a set of the stiffer torsion springs, too ... so I hope I can get it to be comparable enough to the XCR.  Unfortunately, I probably jinxed us for snow next season .... sorry fellas!!

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Just brought it home ... the colors in the pics just don't show up as good as they really are in person.  Best color combo I've seen from Polaris in a while!! :ylsuper:  The only remaining thing I have to do is decide if I'm going to ride it with the shocks as they came, or if I'll send them out this summer to have them re-done to get closer to what I had with my XCR.  I've got a set of the stiffer torsion springs, too ... so I hope I can get it to be comparable enough to the XCR.  Unfortunately, I probably jinxed us for snow next season .... sorry fellas!!

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

I like those colors! Whats the differences in this sled to your other one? Forgive me for being illiterate on these new Polaris's although I have been looking at them on marketplace. (Came across yours on there too)

35 minutes ago, Bontz said:

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

I've seen that color before 

20221218_135820.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I like those colors! Whats the differences in this sled to your other one? Forgive me for being illiterate on these new Polaris's although I have been looking at them on marketplace. (Came across yours on there too)

The main difference is the shock package, and overall (marginally) stiffer suspension on the XCR.  The XCR models come with the higher end, Walker Evans Velocity 2.0 Hi/Lo where the VR1 comes with the Velocity shocks.  So a bit more adjustment capability on the XCR.  I'm probably going to regret it if I leave it stock as the VR1 is pretty soft for guys my size (250+ geared up).  But with the heavier torsion springs, and likely a shock build, things will be good.  There's some other smaller features the XCR has, like a bult in tether, a different brake, and I think the rails may even have a little extra bracing on them.  Oh, and the XCR is 2.52 drivers vs. the 2.86 on the VR1 ... so it's a 136" vs. 137" track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Doug said:

I've seen that color before 

20221218_135820.jpg

LOL .. was thinking of your sled when I went to pick it up.  The biggest difference between our sleds is that mine was built Feb 11th :lol2:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The main difference is the shock package, and overall (marginally) stiffer suspension on the XCR.  The XCR models come with the higher end, Walker Evans Velocity 2.0 Hi/Lo where the VR1 comes with the Velocity shocks.  So a bit more adjustment capability on the XCR.  I'm probably going to regret it if I leave it stock as the VR1 is pretty soft for guys my size (250+ geared up).  But with the heavier torsion springs, and likely a shock build, things will be good.  There's some other smaller features the XCR has, like a bult in tether, a different brake, and I think the rails may even have a little extra bracing on them.  Oh, and the XCR is 2.52 drivers vs. the 2.86 on the VR1 ... so it's a 136" vs. 137" track.

I revalve my shocks simular to the XCR and added the hi/lo adjust to them.  One thing to keep in mind when you add the H/D springs is that also changes the rebound on your shocks and speeds it up.

• Like 1

And I went back to an XCR for next year.  Took the demo 4 stroke back and put my deposit down.  Traded my 2022 XCR in but keeping it until the new one comes in.  The VR1 will be my wife's sled next year.

1678159780312-productstill.png

• Like 2

Tried some new trails Saturday.

drove over to bloomer and unloaded at back 40 dining.rode up through Chippewa forest.

lunch at burdy’s in Weyerhaeuser and looped up through blue hills.

another great ride.

8DE7B70E-CCE2-42AA-87C7-CF86E5ACF702.jpeg

C5E03FF0-A46D-4F61-B8D3-33135ABD95C6.jpeg

F4B8B2E1-1280-4889-99B0-157B5310B9C9.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

Tried some new trails Saturday.

drove over to bloomer and unloaded at back 40 dining.rode up through Chippewa forest.

lunch at burdy’s in Weyerhaeuser and looped up through blue hills.

another great ride.

8DE7B70E-CCE2-42AA-87C7-CF86E5ACF702.jpeg

C5E03FF0-A46D-4F61-B8D3-33135ABD95C6.jpeg

F4B8B2E1-1280-4889-99B0-157B5310B9C9.jpeg

When I drove over to Clear Lake to pick up that sled yesterday, I was really tempted to drop at that lot where you turn north on 63, a few miles east of the roundabout by that intersection of 64 & 63.  Trails over that way looked pretty good, and it was starting to snow, too.  Cool to see you getting out over in that neck of the woods ... looks really good!

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

When I drove over to Clear Lake to pick up that sled yesterday, I was really tempted to drop at that lot where you turn north on 63, a few miles east of the roundabout by that intersection of 64 & 63.  Trails over that way looked pretty good, and it was starting to snow, too.  Cool to see you getting out over in that neck of the woods ... looks really good!

It’s been great too ride in different places this year!!

great trails within 2 hour drive of us!!

we will be riding these areas a lot more snow allowing!!

the wi gts is such a great tool to pick riding areas!!

mn needs to go to this gps groomer system!!also the wi trail by county website is a great tool!!

If temps don’t get too crazy will be headed back in that area again!

more to discover!!!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, X2700 said:

It’s been great too ride in different places this year!!

great trails within 2 hour drive of us!!

we will be riding these areas a lot more snow allowing!!

the wi gts is such a great tool to pick riding areas!!

mn needs to go to this gps groomer system!!also the wi trail by county website is a great tool!!

If temps don’t get too crazy will be headed back in that area again!

more to discover!!!!!

If you're looking to scratch the itch locally, we're opening our trails back up in the Frontenac area.  Not that it matters if we're open, or not, as it seems like sleds were out prior to us reopening anyway!  

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

If you're looking to scratch the itch locally, we're opening our trails back up in the Frontenac area.  Not that it matters if we're open, or not, as it seems like sleds were out prior to us reopening anyway!  

I was up in redwing on Friday for work.seen a few sleds out.

went through frontenac and seen a few out.stopped at Bwells and was packed at 2:00!!!!

looked good in goodhue/redwing.

few thin spots but rideable.

I should go out for a spin!!!

your club has done a great job this year!!

Great trails to wick it up a bit!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I was up in redwing on Friday for work.seen a few sleds out.

went through frontenac and seen a few out.stopped at Bwells and was packed at 2:00!!!!

looked good in goodhue/redwing.

few thin spots but rideable.

I should go out for a spin!!!

your club has done a great job this year!!

Great trails to wick it up a bit!!!

Some of my club guys have been riding the last 3-4 days around here, 90-100+ mile says, most trails in really good shape.  Supposedly our groomer will be going out again tonight… 

• Like 2