Post a picture!

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

Was Bon Gaudreau's sled and Tom Earhart was the driver.  We had a radar run one year and it showed up to make some test runs by surprise.  Back in 1981/82.

The sled has since be restored to its original condition and is in a private collection.

https://www.snowmobile.com/manufacturers/others/bob-gaudreaus-budweiser-special-730.html

Neat read. I've heard stories of when they ran it here on Mille Lacs.

Rough night grooming few years ago.   Snow drifted the night before and then it got a little warm and snow got heavy.  Couldn't lift the drag fast enough to dump the snow out so just spun and buried itself.  This is the tractor that came out to carve the snow from around the groomer and give me a little push.

Stuck 1.jpg

Stuck 2.jpg

Stuck 3.jpg

Farmer 1.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 5

On 9/23/2021 at 10:09 AM, Mag6240 said:

EFE6BEAB-3BD8-4571-A338-4E4BF8053706.jpeg

679ED677-21E1-4459-83F2-F82F810FB4C2.jpeg

Muffs at negative 4? I don’t put them on unless it’s like 20 below. They work great but they interfere with the operation of the sled, like hitting your kill switch right after you just busted through a deep drift. And then your stuck when you’re all alone and it’s cold as crap. Don’t ask me how I know…LOL

Edited by nacapster

15 hours ago, nacapster said:

Muffs at negative 4? I don’t put them on unless it’s like 20 below. They work great but they interfere with the operation of the sled, like hitting your kill switch right after you just busted through a deep drift. And then your stuck when you’re all alone and it’s cold as crap. Don’t ask me how I know…LOL

That was day 4 of a 4-day saddle bag trip.  That was one of the warmer afternoons of the entire trip!