Riding in Minnesota

fun11cat

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What’s nice about northern MN is, sooner or later, it’s coming.  It’s just a matter of how much and how long but, there will be riding every season for at least a couple/three months every year.

What gets underestimated is the time required to freeze things up.  Snow insulates the swamps and keeps many trails from opening if we get snow early.  There is no snow but lots of cold weather in the forecast.

Whatever happens, it is still going to be a good season up on the north shore.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Drift19 said:

Hey Fun11cat.  Had to see what goes on over here.  Looking forward to the first ride. 

I'm ready to ride just need the snow gods to help us out. 

Definitely need to get together and ride.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

Planning to buy a new sled for the next season. What brand would you recommend? I now have a polaris , but think about buying yamaha. And what tracks are better? I'm torn between Composit and Camso. I now have Camso tracks but planning to try something new. What do you think?

Edited by nacuxuhosu

Agree with @mnstang - asking for advice on a sled purchase, you're gonna get a LOT of different answers.  Whether it's 2-stroke or 4-stroke limits your brand choices.  Trail riding vs. off trail and/or mountain riding changes things.  Good dealer nearby that you trust?  That last question is probably the most important, especially if you're going to depend on them to help if things go wrong.