New Old School

Jerry 976

Our first snowmobile. Pop up headlight and a cigarette lighter. It was a tank, but a very nice one for the day. I hit a solid fence post not paying attention when I was around 10 and the first thing I thought of was my dad is going to kill me. I got off the sled almost afraid to look but there wasn't a mark on it. I couldn't even tell where on the chrome bumper I made contact. :thumb:

nordic 1969. 4.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, irv said:

Our first snowmobile. Pop up headlight and a cigarette lighter. It was a tank, but a very nice one for the day. I hit a solid fence post not paying attention when I was around 10 and the first thing I thought of was my dad is going to kill me. I got off the sled almost afraid to look but there wasn't a mark on it. I couldn't even tell where on the chrome bumper I made contact. :thumb:

nordic 1969. 4.jpg

69?  Dad got us into the game in 1970 when he bought 2 Nordic 399s.  Very similar, just had the black vents cut into the side of the hood.    :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

69?  Dad got us into the game in 1970 when he bought 2 Nordic 399s.  Very similar, just had the black vents cut into the side of the hood.    :bc: 

Yep, 69. My dad bought it used but it was mint. Surprisingly, compared to most sleds back in that day, the one we had hardly caused us any grief. The only thing my father regretted was the weight of the thing as we had to get him more than a few times to help us get it unstuck. My uncle lived on a farm with a few hundred acres so we had lots of areas to ride, including the fence lines where we liked to play in the drifts. This sled was not made for drifts, if you get my drift? :D