Does lug height effect the final drive ratio?

ckf

11 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Where you been? Jewels said you had aids and he gave it too you? 

Man...just dealing with some family and personal shit since June.  Had to move out of state to deal with her family and probate issues after the death of both her parents early this year.  Decided to wrangle up some business deals with some old partners while I am here so, it left me with time better spent elsewhere.  Things are settling down a bit now so, I'll be gracing you with my presence again more regularly.  :lol: 

10 hours ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

:lol: 

57 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Man...just dealing with some family and personal shit since June.  Had to move out of state to deal with her family and probate issues after the death of both her parents early this year.  Decided to wrangle up some business deals with some old partners while I am here so, it left me with time better spent elsewhere.  Things are settling down a bit now so, I'll be gracing you with my presence again more regularly.  :lol: 

I’m dealing with my MIL in hospice but they are only 45 min away. So I get why you haven’t had time for me. Family first lipshits! :friends:

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m dealing with my MIL in hospice but they are only 45 min away. So I get why you haven’t had time for me. Family first lipshits! :friends:

LOL....not this family.  I've been ready to put her siblings in the ground for months.  Worthless meth head/pothead twats.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, 1jkw said:

The only one that doesn't know the difference between a wheel and a track, also likes men and boys.

Hey HCS guys, I'll try to stay out of your threads as best I can. However, there's a couple of faggots on the site that follow me 24/7.

This guy here 1jkw from PA, is one of them. 

Sorry he fucked-up your thread, but he knows I will NEVER let them get the last word, and they know how to push my buttons. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Hey HCS guys, I'll try to stay out of your threads as best I can. However, there's a couple of faggots on the site that follow me 24/7.

This guy here 1jkw from PA, is one of them. 

Sorry he fucked-up your thread, but he knows I will NEVER let them get the last word, and they know how to push my buttons. 

He posted before you did so you are the one following him around

:owned:

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, ckf said:

Actually, that can be an honest question ckf.  Taller lugs make it act like the diameter of your drivers are bigger, so in theory I suppose it could.  Like longer vs. shorter studs - on perfect ice longer studs could pull more MPH as it could act like bigger drivers.  

???

On 12/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, ckf said:

On 12/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, 1jkw said:

I guess we know who likes men and boys, I never mentioned anybody's name did I?

You didn't have to, FAGGOT. You're a cunt, that sucks men's cocks. Prove me wrong.  

On 12/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, mnstang said:

There's too many retards on this topic and I can't risk arguing with them.  

Short and final answer, no.

Yup. For others, think of it this way - Drivers are the driven wheels. And the track is the ground. Ground height changes nothing to your driveline gearing/etc.

Mental image: But maybe if you drive your truck onto a 1ft high dirt mound your tires diameter got 1ft more. Lololol

10 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Internet Gold!   Fuckin S pump sneaking around behind the scenes getting 3rd party lug flick ratio information!  :lol:

Effects of lug height on final gear ratio for a snowmobile... | Physics Forums

Lol. Funny.

Sophiecentaur has it right. See my answer above

On 12/18/2020 at 8:49 AM, CFM said:

Yup. For others, think of it this way - Drivers are the driven wheels. And the track is the ground. Ground height changes nothing to your driveline gearing/etc.

Mental image: But maybe if you drive your truck onto a 1ft high dirt mound your tires diameter got 1ft more. Lololol

You can also think of it at the part of track where it's meeting the ground, it's flat, the outer tips of the lugs are traveling at the same speed as the belt of the track.  And the drivers.

The outer tips of lug is only traveling faster when it's going around a radius.  Not at the flat part of track under the skid.  I must be bored.

Even if you're on pavement as one poster on that site said.. with zero slippage.  It doesn't matter.

Think of the track as a conveyor belt.  You could have a 10' tall lug.  The speed of the lug won't change on a flat surface.  It will only change around a radius.

So if you're doing a wheelie and only riding on the rear wheels of the skid, with zero slippage and zero lug flex, in that instance sure it will change the final drive ratio.  Sweet talk.  This seems like a talk some skidoo people would have.  Fuck.  I feel dumber for being here.

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

So if you're doing a wheelie and only riding on the rear wheels of the skid, with zero slippage and zero lug flex, in that instance sure it will change the final drive ratio.  Sweet talk

No, because the track is moving at same speed flat area as it is around a wheel. The driver rpm and diameter are making a certain track speed. Every inch of the track  is moving same speed as each other.

Take a drive belt. Driver is the crank pulley. It’s diameter and rpm determine speed of the belt. No part of the belt is moving different speed than another. Sure, alt shaft can be moving different speed than ps shaft, but that’s because they have different diameter pulleys (wheels) being driven by the belt. They do not change the speed if the belt itself. A 10” longer belt doesn’t change it’s ft per second speed. Circ and diam of belt means nothing. Again, only the crank drive pulley can do that.

The track is a belt. The driven track  sprockets rpm and diameter determine how fast the track moves feet per second. 

Add 10 feet to your conveyer belt, keep everything else the same.. Does the speed of the belt change ? No. Put a rock on it with the two different lengths and the rock will be moved at the same speed.

just round table talk as many if us can’t put things down into typing well.

edit in: always try to think in drive vs driven. Wheels work same way. If frt wheel drive car, the frt wheel diam is final influence in driveline ratio. Rear wheel diam means nothing for speed of car, even if connected to the frt wheels by a track going around outside of wheels.Track will move same distance ft:second as the od wheels. Lol.

Edited by CFM

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I don't know WTF you're trying to say I didn't didn't read it all either.  But I'm right so if you need to read my posts again, feel free.

Okay. Fair enough. :)

I sdmit, too, not reading all of yours. Lol

Edited by CFM

You guy’s can have your fucken best oil thread. WGAF!! KY is the most fun oil base product to use period. (FTR, I prefer no period times though. But action is action😂).

if you say sledding is more fun, then you don’t fucken belong here. Just proved to us that you are an undercover DooCrew member. 🤣😂

Edited by sno_mo_racer