Today’s exciting anecdotal covid news!!!

f7ben

Friends mom has it and she was in ICU and it wasn’t looking good.

Yesterday she started recovering and they were able to take her off most of her oxygen and move her out of ICU in stable condition.

Shes 61 and has severe COPD and heart disease. She’s got 2 feet in the grave and is still smoking 2 packs a day. She is literally the most unhealthy person in the world.

And covid couldn’t kill her.....literally she is in deaths door and covid couldn’t kill her

Just now, XCR1250 said:

What's odd is 100% of the folks I know that got the Covid were avid mask wearers wouldn't even leave their yards without wearing a Mask, but I know no one who doesn't wear a Mask that got it.

Most people with functioning brains wouldn’t go get tested over a sniffle 

• Thanks 1

My Brother just got over it.  Said it was "hanging" around for 4 weeks.  Didn't even know he had it till two weeks in and his g/f said she wasn't feeling great.  (had a temp)

That's COVID-19.   I just wonder what happened to Covid 1 - 18 ?  

Wearing a mask is completely irrelevant to contacting the germ on any surface and ending up on your hands, in your eyes, your mouth or in your food. A simple face covering does very little to protect yourself but it does reduce what comes out of you and land on a surface and start this whole fn mess. Even with a mask on I stay the fuck away from people. Knowingly going out without a mask and infecting people is just plain nuts, bragging about it is even worse. I don't get it, it's more effort to put a coat on FFS. Of course if you're way the fuck out in the boonies where there's no cases it doesn't matter much. 9 months of rebelling over this is fntarded

image.thumb.png.8bd3c448fbec24fbe80f37a8035f9a8f.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZR8000lxr said:

My Brother just got over it.  Said it was "hanging" around for 4 weeks.  Didn't even know he had it till two weeks in and his g/f said she wasn't feeling great.  (had a temp)

That's COVID-19.   I just wonder what happened to Covid 1 - 18 ?  

19 signifies 2019 ya dolt.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Most people with functioning brains wouldn’t go get tested over a sniffle 

Think I mentioned this already but again, 1 of my wife's Daughter in Laws is an RN at a Hospital in Northern Wi., she wears full PPE and even she got it, everyone we know that had it (20-30 or so) has recovered fully, only Dean B. on this lake had it rather bad but he's overweight and has 3 Heart Stents.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Think I mentioned this already but again, 1 of my wife's Daughter in Laws is an RN at a Hospital in Northern Wi., she wears full PPE and even she got it, everyone we know that had it (20-30 or so) has recovered fully, only Dean B. on this lake had it rather bad but he's overweight and has 3 Heart Stents.

At my wife's dental office EVERYONE but her has had it (she only works couple days a month) and they practice as stringent if not more stringent practices than in hospitals wearing double face masks and shields.   (Think saliva and the spray coming out during procedures)    Masks are zero guarantee of stopping infection.  

My wife the nurse in a large care facility told me a couple of weeks ago that during a staff meeting the doctors were talking about how outcomes as they cal;l them have improved vastly over the last 9 months. They are learning more every day how to treat people.

Ben I think your friends Mom is lucky she got covid now rather than back in the early stages. She most likely would have been put on a vent and died.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Jesus Christ Don, ppe isn't 100% effective. It's not a fucking force field!

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At my wife's dental office EVERYONE but her has had it (she only works couple days a month) and they practice as stringent if not more stringent practices than in hospitals wearing double face masks and shields.   (Think saliva and the spray coming out during procedures)    Masks are zero guarantee of stopping infection.  

Correct, it's not a force field

16 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Wearing a mask is completely irrelevant to contacting the germ on any surface and ending up on your hands, in your eyes, your mouth or in your food. A simple face covering does very little to protect yourself but it does reduce what comes out of you and land on a surface and start this whole fn mess. Even with a mask on I stay the fuck away from people. Knowingly going out without a mask and infecting people is just plain nuts, bragging about it is even worse. I don't get it, it's more effort to put a coat on FFS. Of course if you're way the fuck out in the boonies where there's no cases it doesn't matter much. 9 months of rebelling over this is fntarded

image.thumb.png.8bd3c448fbec24fbe80f37a8035f9a8f.png

What are the flu numbers?

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

WTF does that have to do with anything ?

A lot.  Either covid has completely eliminated the flu, or everything is being called covid deaths.  Normally 40-60,0000 flu deaths or year, so far this year nothing somehow 

re-post:

While sitting in my truck at Walmart the other day having a breakfast sandwich and it was 6* outside, I was watching people with masks on coming and going, their breath vapor was going right thru their masks and rising, that will happen when they are in the Walmart too then fall down into everyone's eyes and face, masks do little to nothing to prevent the spread, your breath is larger than Covid 19 microns.

1 minute ago, Doorider said:

A lot.  Either covid has completely eliminated the flu, or everything is being called covid deaths.  Normally 40-60,0000 flu deaths or year, so far this year nothing somehow 

OK so stop spreading either 1

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

My wife the nurse in a large care facility told me a couple of weeks ago that during a staff meeting the doctors were talking about how outcomes as they cal;l them have improved vastly over the last 9 months. They are learning more every day how to treat people.

Ben I think your friends Mom is lucky she got covid now rather than back in the early stages. She most likely would have been put on a vent and died.

Dude....she’s not gonna make fucking Easter with or without covid. 

• Sad 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

You're not saying no one should ever leave their homes, are you, heck half the folks we know who had Covid never even knew they did until they tested.

Hell no, life and communities and businesses must go on. Just stop leavin goobers on everything you touch.

Watched a guy at Home Depot at self check out get pissed off at the card reader pull his mask off and rub his whole fn face face after touching everything. Growls a bunch then coughs into his hand and returns to using all the buttons. The attendant closed the machine down after and doused it down. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1