F7! What year has the best out of box top speed?

stinkipinki

3 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

This is why I run a 05 440 snopro best bang for my buck.  except for when the track needs replaced.. then I will get something new, Ill never find one cheap. 

imo next best thing moving newer, is a Sno Pro 500 - like the first one so much I bought a second one.

if you or anyone you know is interested in a 14"W 128"L 1" lug studded speed track for one, I'll have one up for sale in a couple weeks.  ;)

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

imo next best thing moving newer, is a Sno Pro 500 - like the first one so much I bought a second one.

if you or anyone you know is interested in a 14"W 128"L 1" lug studded speed track for one, I'll have one up for sale in a couple weeks.  ;)

That's the plan. 
There are a few 600s I seen for sale recently that seem to be coming down in price.. I think the plastics on that year look really cool. 

DSC_0530.thumb.JPG.6c2144e360b83e77e0ab0d7572986529.JPG

17 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Hell yes you need the slip to run the number.  especially if you're down 5hp... that portion to my comment was homage to poet joe, not to be taken so literally. 

Actually, just more curious why I always hear people shitting on Dimond drive. 

This is why I run a 05 440 snopro best bang for my buck.  except for when the track needs replaced.. then I will get something new, Ill never find one cheap. 

Was not shitting on the DD, I personally liked it. I have just heard stories that it did rob power and wanted to know if they were true or not. I did not have a bit of problems with mine.

Edited by nascarmike
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

Was not shitting on the DD, I personally liked it. I have just heard stories that it did rob power and wanted to know if they were true or not. I did not have a bit of problems with mine.

I would like to see real data on that also..

did all DD have reverse gears? 

On 12/16/2020 at 7:43 AM, Cwhite138 said:

That's the plan. 
There are a few 600s I seen for sale recently that seem to be coming down in price.. I think the plastics on that year look really cool. 

you'd better enjoy fiddling with carbs, or get a tempaflow/holtzman 

the 500 even box stock is a damn fine machine as long as you are willing to appreciate and enjoy that it's only 85hp

On 12/16/2020 at 11:05 AM, mnstang said:

Zr's and firecats never had diamond drive reverse.

real men like gears and chains, and pull start, and don't need reverse, and other shit, and... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you'd better enjoy fucking with carbs, or get a tempaflow/holtzman 

the 500 even box stock is a damn fine machine as long as you are willing to appreciate and enjoy that it's only 85hp

real men like gears and chains, and pull start, and don't need reverse, and other shit, and... 

Every one said that about my current 440, I just leave it a little fat. 

also gives me an excuse when I lose a race.. 

I had an 06 Sno Pro F7.  I put the 1" track on it, rather than the stock 1.375".  Best I saw on hard packed river, cold day was 118 on the dream-o-meter.  The next year I put the Burnt Piston Marine 151 Kit on it.....never work right after that.  

_H2I3662-reduced by 40.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the DD gearbox 

It was when Cat went with the rock hard Kevlar Belts associated with the DD setup / clutching 

And then add the problematic DD Secondary Clutch bushing and Aluminum Hub , was an RPM killer when worn 

Once you got those issues figured out LOL

WHEN everything was working right 

Edited by Bee1971

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple firecats, raced one w the 020 box on it and my trail piece was a nightfire, stock year one, et900 w a touch of spray after that.. Sled rocked but I haven't rode one in years now and always wonder what it would be like throwing a leg over again.. Meh I'll keep my turbo lol

On 12/27/2020 at 3:32 PM, Bee1971 said:

I loved the DD gearbox 

It was when Cat went with the rock hard Kevlar Belts associated with the DD setup / clutching 

And then add the problematic DD Secondary Clutch bushing and Aluminum Hub , was an RPM killer when worn 

Once you got those issues figured out LOL

WHEN everything was working right 

On my 900 I always liked the 029 cat belt that came on the 04's the best.  It was sticky and if you got the horrible stock calibration fixed it was awesome.  I wish I never went to the 10.4 clutches, I was reluctant to do it but did it anyway.  There was nothing wrong with the 10.0 clutch and the belt was shorter and I feel gave better performance except of course off the line if you have full traction.  I have hundreds of hours into clutch that sled and if I could get my hands on some new 10.0 sheeves I'd switch back.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 3:52 PM, amstech said:

Let's get some blood flowing in these forums!
No Cat Forum is complete without an F7 thread.
Whats the best gearing setup for top speed on an F7 out of the box?
I own a 06 EFI but admittingly I'm not sure.

Some say its the 2003 F7, some say its the 2006 F7R.
If you say 04 or 05, admin joe from HardcoreSledder might come over here and delete your comment!

In my experience, any chaincase F7 with an 06 ECU