Se Mn conditions

X2700

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

I’ll get things started!

trails are In and patiently waiting for snow to arrive!!

Been looking at some real estate from Mankato to Rochester for my return.  Wife just won’t do the frigid, white north anymore

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Been looking at some real estate from Mankato to Rochester for my return.  Wife just won’t do the frigid, white north anymore

Housing market been crazy in Rochester!

Some great trails in Rochester area.

Just need Mother Nature to cooperate!!

take you out on some gear stuff!!

40 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Got my last trail signs pounded in last sunday.  Come on mother nature!!  Oh and we got a new groomer barn thats half done.  Gonna be sweet!!

Where in MN is that?  

I saw the Duluth club just took delivery of their new groomer.  Should help a lot in that area as they were down a good chunk of last season.  Other clubs covered where they could.

Quite the fuel tank on that thing!

130283564_2760017767659102_1830676790352446800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=hKeUGMhbDsoAX-hEn2i&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=513a3fd91423b42109178dc3d2a11aec&oe=5FF96221

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Those of you in this area ... just a heads up around Lake City.  Some idiots went off the beaten path off County 9, just as you come into Lake City through the quarry.  The land owner there has had enough & shut that down so there's no way into town from that direction now (basically it's where the trail crossed Highway 63 on the south end of town, up through the quarry).  Up towards Frontenac, our club has been dealing with a trespassing issues on the land between Staehli Park Road (to the north) and up to Frontenac.  So that section of trail is temporarily shut down - trying to work with the land owner to see if we can still use it later this season, if we get more snow.  The re-route is to run the road (Territorial Road) north towards the solar panel farm.  So just a heads up that things look a LOT different this year, thanks to jackasses that can't follow simple rules.

23 hours ago, Bontz said:

Those of you in this area ... just a heads up around Lake City.  Some idiots went off the beaten path off County 9, just as you come into Lake City through the quarry.  The land owner there has had enough & shut that down so there's no way into town from that direction now (basically it's where the trail crossed Highway 63 on the south end of town, up through the quarry).  Up towards Frontenac, our club has been dealing with a trespassing issues on the land between Staehli Park Road (to the north) and up to Frontenac.  So that section of trail is temporarily shut down - trying to work with the land owner to see if we can still use it later this season, if we get more snow.  The re-route is to run the road (Territorial Road) north towards the solar panel farm.  So just a heads up that things look a LOT different this year, thanks to jackasses that can't follow simple rules.

Figures my main path into town!!will have to run trail across to 63 where co rd 2 meets!!

Favorite riding area!!

Hows things looking between frontenac and hay creek?

Still thin down this way.

It's still pretty thin this way too, but our groomer (Frontenac) was supposed to go out yesterday.  I haven't really heard much for reports other than the land owner issues the past few days.  The ice should be good enough that you could run the trail down to the south end of town by Pepin Heights & Wild Wings?  Get on at the Sportsman's Club and then ride to the north end of town by the Willows (old Waterman's).  I'm not sure how the alternate route works, but the LC club had a Facebook post saying you could ride the ditch along County 9 ... just not sure where you're gonna get doing that because you still need to get across the property that's shut down to easily access the Jewel area.

Sucks - that's for sure!

I saw tracks north of Hok-Si-La boat ramp but I haven't seen tracks running from the Willows towards Stockholm.  I think a guy COULD ... but I don't know if the trails are actually open over there?

On 1/25/2021 at 11:51 AM, Bontz said:

Maybe it is me, but it seems like the trespassing and noise get worse ever year that passes.

• Like 1

I see Buffalo and Pepin counties are closed, according to the Travel Wisconsin website .... so I guess that makes sense as to why I haven't seen tracks yet.  That said, if I do - I'll be happy to report back to you guys.  Another good storm with 4"-6" would go a LONG way in getting things going.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, X2700 said:

Any word on pepin ice conditions?

anyone cross yet?I see counties open across lake!!

Hoping to ride that way on Friday or Saturday from the Sconnie side to see what the access is like from that side.

Hey guys .... sorry, I was out of town Sunday-Tuesday.  So here's what I can report on Lake Pepin and heading over to Wisconsin.  One of my riding buddies and a few other guys did the trek yesterday, consisting of about 90 miles.  I'm not 100% sure on where they rode, but typically it's through Stockholm or Pepin and then over towards Arkansaw, Plum City, and back towards the river.  This buddy of mine is PICKY when it comes to trail conditions and in his words .... "I can't believe how good the trails are over there."  Even the river/lake was good, he said.  So if you're looking to head over that way, I'd say now is the time to do it.  I took a road trip over that way on Saturday, and drove around Lake Pepin (Lake City to Wabasha, Durand, Ellsworth, and then through Red Wing back to Lake City) and the trails looked fantastic over in WI.

Enjoy!!

The only question about Stockholm, is getting through town and to the trail.  Seems like the past few years that stretch along the road has been awful, and the trail up the hill hadn't been maintained?  I still haven't heard if the riding buddy of mine who provided the report went that way, or not ... but I suspect they rode to Pepin based on the tracks I saw yesterday.  Regardless of which path you take, it sure does sound like the trails over there are in great shape.

I figured lake would be good to pepin also.

river really low this year! Lake froze up early even with warmer temps this year seemed like.

you could see thin spots earlier but still froze over fast!

yeah that ride up hill in stockholm always bad!

at least times I’ve done it!!

On 1/25/2021 at 11:51 AM, Bontz said:

snowmobilers will likely kill this sport long before global warming does...
139928938_3576287902425823_8351427531395

• Like 1