Who has used snowmobile truck ramps?

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Nop i use my ramp way way more than the trailer . Trailing is a fucking pita imho .

Load sled in 1 strap to hold it in and hold ramp at same time slid in next to sled .

No fucking around at drive thrugh no crawling around sleds in a trailer to get gas . Extra weight in bed never hurts and you can make real time with out a trailer .if just dropping in the woods no real parking issues on side of road . Not to mention no worry if the road you are on that you think is going to where you want to go is a dead end . 

Ramp with sled in bed #1

Sled on sled deck #2

Sled in trailer distant 3rd 

Open trailer only a option in a emergency situation 

I only got a single open...fill up no problem sleds right there in your face, drive thru also no issue, I rarely off trail and if I do I’m not driving somewhere specifically for that so I’m always parking in a big lot, dead end hasn’t happened ever but if it was me I’d just unhook and spin it around it’s a tiny trailer 4x10 maybe 12ft with tongue. I can see all that being a issue with a big enclosed trailer but little single place I’ll take over a ramp. I use to do the ramp thing back in the day wasn’t like these ramps just a basic Trifold but to me single trailer is easiest and fastest if your hauling 1 sled and are a trail rider unloading at a normal parking lot. Either way gets you out on the trails riding

7 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Plus the sled stays clean in back of truck vs getting slopped all up on a trailer with salt & slush.

Stays cleaner. Whenever I’ve hauled my sleds in the bed of my truck, they still get salt spray on the windshield, bars and bar controls. Granted, much better than any open style trailer for sure but not as good as my enclosed. 

I have had a truck with just a tonneau cover for the past 9 years so I bought one of the Caliber ramps when they first come out. It’s got some serious use on it because I’m always meeting my riding buddies that already live up north to either ride out of their place or go further north. While storing the caliber ramp with the sled in the bed is a bit tricky the part I always hated is having to take the damn thing with me so someone doesn’t steal it out of the bed of my truck. Once I met som guys up north and we did a spring ride from the trail head and I had to put my ramp in one of their trailers so it was locked up. Most of the season though, where I would meet them had snow banks tall enough to not need my ramp so I would just use it to load/unload at home and use snow banks to load/unload up north. 

Now my current truck came with a topper and we really liked it this past summer for hauling camping stuff so I’m going to see how it works this winter. I will just haul my sled in my trailer when I have to meet the guys up north. This truck doesn’t even know the trailer is behind it. Plus, the trailer will get some use instead of just sitting in the barn collecting dust. 

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Stays cleaner. Whenever I’ve hauled my sleds in the bed of my truck, they still get salt spray on the windshield, bars and bar controls. Granted, much better than any open style trailer for sure but not as good as my enclosed. 

I have had a truck with just a tonneau cover for the past 9 years so I bought one of the Caliber ramps when they first come out. It’s got some serious use on it because I’m always meeting my riding buddies that already live up north to either ride out of their place or go further north. While storing the caliber ramp with the sled in the bed is a bit tricky the part I always hated is having to take the damn thing with me so someone doesn’t steal it out of the bed of my truck. Once I met som guys up north and we did a spring ride from the trail head and I had to put my ramp in one of their trailers so it was locked up. Most of the season though, where I would meet them had snow banks tall enough to not need my ramp so I would just use it to load/unload at home and use snow banks to load/unload up north. 

Now my current truck came with a topper and we really liked it this past summer for hauling camping stuff so I’m going to see how it works this winter. I will just haul my sled in my trailer when I have to meet the guys up north. This truck doesn’t even know the trailer is behind it. Plus, the trailer will get some use instead of just sitting in the barn collecting dust. 

Usually I just use a cheap bicycle cable lock to lock the ramp to the tie down hook in the bed of my truck.  It would take about 10 seconds with a cable cutter to take it but I've never had an issue.  Left in trail lots, hotels, etc. with no issues.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Plus the sled stays clean in back of truck vs getting slopped all up on a trailer with salt & slush.

it still gets coated with shit so they need to be covered and washed well when you get home to not become a rusting pile of shit like open trailered sleds typically do.   

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Usually I just use a cheap bicycle cable lock to lock the ramp to the tie down hook in the bed of my truck.  It would take about 10 seconds with a cable cutter to take it but I've never had an issue.  Left in trail lots, hotels, etc. with no issues.

That's what I am going to do.

The ramp was on my front porch when I got home from work today.  Good Job Speedy!

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

it still gets coated with shit so they need to be covered and washed well when you get home to not become a rusting pile of shit like open trailered sleds typically do.   

Ah who gives a shit they are worth dick in 4 yrs salt spray or not . I usualy only get a 1/2 dirty headlight and dirty windshield 

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I have never locked mine and never had a issue but then I have not taken the keys out of tge ignition of any of my cars trucks or toys in 20 yrs so what ever . If some one wants something a lock won't do shit any way 

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Meh, mine stays pretty clean in the back of my truck.  Just a bit of spray on the windshield and handguards.  I just wash everything down when I get back home. It only costs me $1.50 at the local car wash to give it a good rinse.  Another $1.50 if I do my truck.  It's way better than an open trailer.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Fireball 440 said:

The ramp is chained with a lock to the back rack.  Nothing will ever touch the rear window.

I haul my RZR in there too.

No I meant by coming in to hot with the sled...more room for skis to come down....surely you've seen some YouTube videos.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

No I meant by coming in to hot with the sled...more room for skis to come down....surely you've seen some YouTube videos.

Oh :lol: Yeah I've seen the videos and I honestly don't know how anybody could do that!  It's so easy!

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Oh :lol: Yeah I've seen the videos and I honestly don't know how anybody could do that!  It's so easy!

To many bottles of courage during a day of riding.

• 8 months later...