Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

down to 1 sled,  sent the boys 500ss down the road this afternoon.  Used sled prices are silly,  i have now sold Revs in 2009(05 Renegade 600sdi), 2015(05 renegade 600sdi) and 2021(07 Rev 500ss) within a few hundy of each other.   Now i am into my Pro S 800 for $5400 which i think was a good deal.  Maybe the GGL was right and i should have asked more

Headed to the garage after dinner to put the new spring and riser on the fucker assuming the snow melts off it and will be ready for this weekend

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

down to 1 sled,  sent the boys 500ss down the road this afternoon.  Used sled prices are silly,  i have now sold Revs in 2009(05 Renegade 600sdi), 2015(05 renegade 600sdi) and 2021(07 Rev 500ss) within a few hundy of each other.   Now i am into my Pro S 800 for $5400 which i think was a good deal.  Maybe the GGL was right and i should have asked more

Headed to the garage after dinner to put the new spring and riser on the fucker assuming the snow melts off it and will be ready for this weekend

Why did you sell the boys sled?  Was he uninterested?

I’ve got Friday off to ride this week and the 800 is down. I’ll be back on the 08 600 this weekend. Conditions are too perfect. It’s a great sled anyway.  Did a full service on it in dec. cleaned the power valves, new belt. She’s a runnah! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shifty said:

Why did you sell the boys sled?  Was he uninterested?

he would not commit to wanting to ride so off it went.  We go through this every few years.  Outside a 1000 mile saddlebag trip he usually rides 3-400 miles and then takes a few years off.  Told him I would keep the Pro S and spring order and he still wasn't interested.   He had a sled in 15, 18 and 2021.  

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

he would not commit to wanting to ride so off it went.  We go through this every few years.  Outside a 1000 mile saddlebag trip he usually rides 3-400 miles and then takes a few years off.  Told him I would keep the Pro S and spring order and he still wasn't interested.   

My one son was like that too....thankfully him not riding got my wife into the sport for a few years until she hurt her back riding way over head. 

:lol:

Just now, Dave said:

My one son was like that too....thankfully him not riding got my wife into the sport for a few years until she hurt her back riding way over head. 

my wifes sled was 3 years old when i sold it with about 500 miles.  think she put 125 on it and coworkers the rest.  

my wifes sled was 3 years old when i sold it with about 500 miles.  think she put 125 on it and coworkers the rest.  

I sold my wife's last sled halfway thru her last season when she hurt herself....it had just under 7300 miles....bought it new for her 2.5 years earlier. We had some good trips with other couples and even better trips just the 2 of us.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

I sold my wife's last sled halfway thru her last season when she hurt herself....it had just under 7300 miles....bought it new for her 2.5 years earlier. We had some good trips with other couples and even better trips just the 2 of us.

my wife just didn't like it.  Will be interesting to see if she ever drives the SxS as well.  

my wife just didn't like it.  Will be interesting to see if she ever drives the SxS as well.  

Ya my wife's like that with sxs if there's mud and water....she wants no part of it....but loves flying around the desert. Thankfully we have some dry trails here though so she comes on some rides.

50 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he would not commit to wanting to ride so off it went.  We go through this every few years.  Outside a 1000 mile saddlebag trip he usually rides 3-400 miles and then takes a few years off.  Told him I would keep the Pro S and spring order and he still wasn't interested.   He had a sled in 15, 18 and 2021.  

My son likes to ride. But really only for an hour or two, then he’s done. Loves the local fields and such but  hasn’t shown much interest in real diamond pounding 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

1 hour ago, Dave said:

That's to bad. Both of my sons would be upset if we got back before dark. We had at least 2 2000 mile seasons and they were riding 340 and 440 fans.

image.png.fd43d15f62c1d1018d59903a5ac649a5.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

My son likes to ride. But really only for an hour or two, then he’s done. Loves the local fields and such but  hasn’t shown much interest in real diamond pounding 

My oldest daughter likes to ride but she’s 8 months pregnant and makes enough to buy her own sled. :lol:  She started when she was 12 and got pretty proficient.

2 hours ago, Shifty said:

mine said to his mom if he could ride a couple hours,  come back to camp for lunch and some video games then go back out he'd be happy.   where we live thats just not happening.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

mine said to his mom if he could ride a couple hours,  come back to camp for lunch and some video games then go back out he'd be happy.   where we live thats just not happening.  

How old is your boy now?

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

21.  His days consist of school, video games, work, video games sleep.  it's a rough life.  15 months till he gets a real world wake up call.     

Oh so he's not a kid anymore....I gave up trying to get the boy to ride at 12 yrs old. The other boy had no interest whatsoever.

Blew a belt 10 minutes into my ride today. Then rode 300kms of great trails under sunny skies. My day ended 20 minutes from the trailer.

Engine shut off when I braked for a corner. Hmm, odd. I rolled to the side of the trail to take a look. Oil dripping from the belly pan. Towed it to the nearest road. Luckily one of the guys I was riding with had a buddy no who lived 5 minutes away. He brought a trailer and took it to his house along with the guy who was riding my back up sled while I rode back to the truck. 
now it’s in my shop. Everyone said check the filter first. Sure enough, it’s backed off. Pulled both plugs and maybe 3 tablespoons came out of the motor, nothing from the tank.

6DC32119-3D87-454D-A1E6-7098CA144424.jpeg

9DFEF22B-EF6C-42BA-A594-7E832ABB4954.jpeg

6B1CE8E2-5E66-4596-95A3-F1F8A40E1B61.jpeg

4279CD01-BD13-47BA-9DCF-AF5BC621E4FF.jpeg

Going to change the filter and refill. Hoping to hell I didn’t do any internal damage.

A shop changed the oil the last time.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Blew a belt 10 minutes into my ride today. Then rode 300kms of great trails under sunny skies. My day ended 20 minutes from the trailer.

Engine shut off when I braked for a corner. Hmm, odd. I rolled to the side of the trail to take a look. Oil dripping from the belly pan. Towed it to the nearest road. Luckily one of the guys I was riding with had a buddy no who lived 5 minutes away. He brought a trailer and took it to his house along with the guy who was riding my back up sled while I rode back to the truck. 
now it’s in my shop. Everyone said check the filter first. Sure enough, it’s backed off. Pulled both plugs and maybe 3 tablespoons came out of the motor, nothing from the tank.

6DC32119-3D87-454D-A1E6-7098CA144424.jpeg

9DFEF22B-EF6C-42BA-A594-7E832ABB4954.jpeg

6B1CE8E2-5E66-4596-95A3-F1F8A40E1B61.jpeg

4279CD01-BD13-47BA-9DCF-AF5BC621E4FF.jpeg

Going to change the filter and refill. Hoping to hell I didn’t do any internal damage.

A shop changed the oil the last time.

Check to make sure the filter gasket isn't doubled up on it too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Headed to Millinocket this weekend.  staying at the Ritz in town :lol:    SMH at paying $140 night for the Baxter Park Inn but the mold across the street i hear about scares me off of the $100 night joint.   

Ever consider staying in the truck for another hr and riding PI? Much better choice.