Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

8 minutes ago, XCR INDY said:

Rode with the wife today. Traffic was pretty light and trails were mint! Side note... Damn, those 600 Doo’s are efficient. 

3D32326D-CCDC-4908-9C4B-C8F968527497.jpeg

3AC24D37-34A4-42E9-81EE-D61D75F09238.jpeg

41715AC4-46FB-4C81-9FA9-EB6E4A803E43.jpeg

Nice! I would love to take my wife for a trail ride next weekend but the traffic around Michigan is HORRIFYING and it is suppose to be stupid cold next weekend still. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Nice! I would love to take my wife for a trail ride next weekend but the traffic around Michigan is HORRIFYING and it is suppose to be stupid cold next weekend still. 

Looks like you guys are finally getting some snow. 👍

• Like 1

Last night, after years of doubting it would make a difference, I decided to switch mounting holes on my USI X2's to see if I could reduce steering effort.

Turns out I'm an idiot. Steering effort was significantly reduced and turning is still razor sharp. I should've done this years ago.

Also swapped from my black set to my grey ones just to change things up. Still can't decide which ones look better though.

1FB4B15A-3EE8-4CFC-8BDE-C0E9B069E595.jpeg

09BAD24C-4985-44DF-87A5-93E5E1E571DD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Didn’t you just pick that sled up? The motor blow?

Yup. I got duped. This thing has a used head on it and several not stock fasteners. The signs added up it had a top end put on a greasy bottom and had a nun repair on top of that.  We put 200 miles on it. 76/95 compression.

• Sad 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yup. I got duped. This thing has a used head on it and several not stock fasteners. The signs added up it had a top end put on a greasy bottom and had a nun repair on top of that.  We put 200 miles on it. 76/95 compression.

Damn that sucks. Hopefully it don’t cost ya to much to get it back on the trails. Freakin used sleds always a gamble.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Damn that sucks. Hopefully it don’t cost ya to much to get it back on the trails. Freakin used sleds always a gamble.

Yes it's a gamble. He had it cleaned up real good. I noticed the right front shock wasn't center in the a arm when I bought it but wasn't too bad. I'm not worried about the nun repair. Look at my pic you'll see the clean top end and the greasy bottom. He hacked er together. Fucker.

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yes it's a gamble. He had it cleaned up real good. I noticed the right front shock wasn't center in the a arm when I bought it but wasn't too bad. I'm not worried about the nun repair. Look at my pic you'll see the clean top end and the greasy bottom. He hacked er together. Fucker.

Yup, bottom looks original. The crank and cases still good? You think the thing has the miles it was claimed to have or some odometer tampering going on?

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup, bottom looks original. The crank and cases still good? You think the thing has the miles it was claimed to have or some odometer tampering going on?

Odometer is probably correct but the guy only rebuilt half of it to get it running and dumped it.  He had it cleaned up good the airbox was spotless but the throttle body is caked with belt dust.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Odometer is probably correct but the guy only rebuilt half of it to get it running and dumped it.  He had it cleaned up good the airbox was spotless but the throttle body is caked with belt dust.

Shitty, hopefully your back on the trails sooner than later.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I was really hoping the issue with my sled was the throttle safety switch. I took it out and taped it open according to the inter-webs but it still cutting out and throwing the engine light up. Hoping my buddy the service manager at the local dealer will hook me up. They have a month back log on service though 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Last night, after years of doubting it would make a difference, I decided to switch mounting holes on my USI X2's to see if I could reduce steering effort.

Turns out I'm an idiot. Steering effort was significantly reduced and turning is still razor sharp. I should've done this years ago.

Also swapped from my black set to my grey ones just to change things up. Still can't decide which ones look better though.

1FB4B15A-3EE8-4CFC-8BDE-C0E9B069E595.jpeg

09BAD24C-4985-44DF-87A5-93E5E1E571DD.jpeg

Did you move it to the rear mounting holes?